What's new

Upgraded. Most. Broken. Character. For all MK11. History. Delete her. Please. NRS. Please

E

Eldriken

I think the reason why it seems like folks are coming off so aggressive is because they get steamrolled by an Upgraded player and take to social media/forums right away before having any time to cool off. Their entire post is going to be fueled by salt.

This isn't the case for everyone, obviously. Some folks are just sore losers.

Either way, folks ought to tone it down a bit. Upgraded could use a slight adjustment or two, sure. But it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Anyway; for anybody who actually wants to learn, here's 3 players from last night, none of whom are Sonic Fox or Ninjakilla, playing 3 characters that are decent but not considered to be top tier (Erron, Lao, Frost), dealing with one of the 2 foremost representatives of Upgraded:

It's worth taking a look for anyone who wants to know how to deal with the playstyle she offers.

(Bonus points for the sexy music in the background that will put your mind at ease :))

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think the reason why it seems like folks are coming off so aggressive is because they get steamrolled by an Upgraded player and take to social media/forums right away before having any time to cool off. Their entire post is going to be fueled by salt.

This isn't the case for everyone, obviously. Some folks are just sore losers.

Either way, folks ought to tone it down a bit. Upgraded could use a slight adjustment or two, sure. But it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.
It doesn't seem any worse than what should be considered normal for any fighting game. Almost every fighting game ever goes through a few weeks or even months where 1 character suddenly dominates the competitive scene. Then people start learning the matchup, figure out a counter, or the developers make some adjustments through patches (most likely all three happen), and the game moves on to the next character.

I can't think of too many fighting games where this hasn't happened, other than maybe something like Divekick, but I know almost nothing about Divekick anyways.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It doesn't seem any worse than what should be considered normal for any fighting game. Almost every fighting game ever goes through a few weeks or even months where 1 character suddenly dominates the competitive scene. Then people start learning the matchup, figure out a counter, or the developers make some adjustments through patches, and the game moves on to the next character.

I can't think of too many fighting games where this hasn't happened, other than maybe something like Divekick, but I know almost nothing about Divekick anyways.
Yup, and every fighting game has it's wierd glitches, strange hitbox stuff, things that hit when they shouldn't or don't hit when they look like they should.

And moves/character that are annoying to fight against and cause people to rage while they're learning the MU. And then they eventually get over it and adapt.

Like, let's have some pride in our own community and start building ourselves up again. We're in a self-confidence crisis, and we can start fixing it by admitting that these things are common. We had a ton of pride in our scenes in Injustice, were streaming locals everywhere, and that game was far more broken than any game after it will ever be.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Biohazard also beat 3 Jacqui's on stream a week ago (2-3 variations including Upgraded). People are crying so much that they're missing the MU information being given right in front of them.
He was utilizing Flawless Block at a top 1-2 level in mk11 history to do it. Context matters.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
He was utilizing Flawless Block at a top 1-2 level in mk11 history to do it. Context matters.
I just put a post here of 3 people in a row who are not playing at Bio's level and beat a top two Upgraded main.

There's plenty of context beyond Bio just being good.

Zer0_h0ur

Anyway; for anybody who actually wants to learn, here's 3 players from last night, none of whom are Sonic Fox or Ninjakilla, playing 3 characters that are decent but not considered to be top tier (Erron, Lao, Frost), dealing with one of the 2 foremost representatives of Upgraded:

It's worth taking a look for anyone who wants to know how to deal with the playstyle she offers.

(Bonus points for the sexy music in the background that will put your mind at ease :))
Context, Jeuks publicly freaked out on Twitter when he saw pako stevens lurking in his Twitch a couple weeks ago and literally every high lvl in his thread said you better stop dominating with upgraded bc she fixin to get nerfed lmfao

It was in half jest, but the timing is important for the overall picture too.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Context, Jeuks publicly freaked out on Twitter when he saw pako stevens lurking in his Twitch a couple weeks ago and literally every high lvl in his thread said you better stop dominating with upgraded bc she fixin to get nerfed lmfao

It was in half jest, but the timing is important for the overall picture too.

Are you really going to say that there weren't people who were able to beat him for weeks at this point?

Do I really have to go grab similar clips from a month ago? Three weeks ago? Or of people beating Deoxys in tournament/forcing him to switch to Geras?

Come on man, at some point the level of excuses reaches desperation. Jueks was clearly trying his hardest to qualify for LCQ in Aquaman's tournament and it didn't work out.

Zer0_h0ur

Are you really going to say that there weren't people who were able to beat him for weeks at this point?

Do I really have to go grab similar clips from a month ago? Three weeks ago? Or of people beating Deoxys in tournament/forcing him to switch to Geras?

Come on man, at some point the level of excuses reaches desperation. Jueks was clearly trying his hardest to qualify for LCQ in Aquaman's tournament and it didn't work out.
Just providing context for the points you brought up.

For the record i think her mobility should cause 1-2 defensive bars based on the range. Give every character free flying moves or no one free flying moves. It's MK not dragonball

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
What? ROFL. Yeah, he still won 3-0 without doing anything special like... Punishing -17~-20 moves.

Bro, just to know if we're on the same page, do you know what a punish really is? If the answer is "yes", then explain to me how he managed to punish -17 with a 20f FB? I'm curious why the game showed only "Reversal" instead of "Reversal Punish".

Please explain :coffee:
I didn't know it was only -17 on block. Now I see he only got a Reversal and not a Reversal Punish. That of course doesn't take away the fact that Mitsu own 3-0, but I get your point.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just providing context for the points you brought up.

For the record i think her mobility should cause 1-2 defensive bars based on the range. Give every character free flying moves or no one free flying moves. It's MK not dragonball
LMAO DB hahaha. Truth ^ You mean her stupid bubba fett jetpack move. I'm thinking of going to the darkseid and maining Geras, Scorpion etc just to counter Jacqui because the few characters I use now can't do much against her.

xKMMx

Banned
Jacqui is by far the Most overrated Character in MK11. No mixups, punishable on just about everything, Slow recovery times, Low damage. She's worse than what she was in MKX and she was Mid tier at best in MKX. I don't see how people think she'e even remotely viable
LOL this has to be a troll. I've mained her for almost the whole time I played MK 11 and she is just ridiculously fun compared to the rest of the cast . Mostly because her cancels but also because it is good for a laugh to torture people with her F3.

xKMMx

Banned
Biohazard also beat 3 Jacqui's on stream a week ago (2-3 variations including Upgraded). People are crying so much that they're missing the MU information being given right in front of them.
I have to agree here. I don't like the game but Ive for sure never had the complaint that its balance is bad or that any character is broken. Lab it.

xKMMx

Banned
Jacqui is fine. You need to level up. People play her because she's fun not because she's broken. At least she requires execution. People like to complain instead of labbing. She doesn't even have a projectile.
Exactly. She is one of the more difficult characters to pull off high damage shit with. So theres the trade off.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just one problem with that, most players aren't biohazard...this is like saying ok, a few players in history can hit Mariano Rivera so just practice vs his fastballs and cutter and its possible lmao :D

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Everyone should watch this video.

Crimson is also being very nice when it's obvious he desperately wants to tell everyone to just shut the fuck up

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I didn't know it was only -17 on block. Now I see he only got a Reversal and not a Reversal Punish. That of course doesn't take away the fact that Mitsu own 3-0, but I get your point.
Yeah, he 3-0'ed. But again, he did nothing special to learn watching him. He just held the block button, punished nothing, tried nothing, waited for his turn and did the job. Nothing special. It didn't even look like he knew or labed the matchup, precisely because he didn't punish anything during the entire match.

Edit: And it bothers me on this or other links sent by other users for falling into the same problem: players not trying or punishing anything, holding mixups and defending themselves as they can, but, as they came out victorious, so it's ok.

Didn't even look like they knew or labed properly the matchup, but a win is a win so she's fine.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Yeah, he 3-0'ed. But again, he did nothing special to learn watching him. He just held the block button, punished nothing, tried nothing, waited for his turn and did the job. Nothing special. It didn't even look like he knew or labed the matchup, precisely because he didn't punish anything during the entire match.

Edit: And it bothers me on this or other links sent by other users for falling into the same problem: players not trying or punishing anything, holding mixups and defending themselves as they can, but, as they came out victorious, so it's ok.

Didn't even look like they knew or labed properly the matchup, but a win is a win so she's fine.
And comments like these are falling into the same problem. Even if the player didn't put that much time into labbing the MU, he still won 3-0. And like you said, he waited for his turn. So if he can win 3-0 against Jacqui by doing this alone, that means she is indeed fine, and everyone who complains about her is just exaggerating as usual.

You basically played yourself, while you should've just playing the game.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So I labbed this with crouch block to see if d1 aa covers some options because jacqui only has one overhead option which is a delayed jip since shrapnel is a mid
here is what I found:
You can d1 full combo punish following options:
Bounce into pound (just wait to block)
Bounce into instant shrapnel into jp
Bounce into instant shrapnel into pound
Bounce into short delayed shrapnel into jp
Bounce into short delayed shrapnel into pound
Bounce into short delayed shrapnel into shrapnel
Bounce into long delayed jip
Bounce into long delayed shrapnel into jip
Bounce into long delayed shrapnel into pound

what it doesn‘t Punish:
Bounce into instant shrapnel into shrapnel
Bounce into long delayed shrapnel into shrapnel

out of eleven options two of them can beat d1, I‘m sure there are more but I‘m no jacqui main so idk what else she can do
I also have to add that if you try to punish long delayed jp/shrapnel the window is to tight it feels like a true 50/50. you can delay your crouch block so a short delay shrapnel whiffs and stand block after it to cover both options and punish long delayed shrapnel into jp with a s1 inbetween shrapnel and jp but if jacqui chooses to long delay jp you have to hold her followup.

so here you have your answer you fucking whiners

Last edited: