What's new

Upgraded. Most. Broken. Character. For all MK11. History. Delete her. Please. NRS. Please

DeftMonk

Noob
Reading this on tym makes this even more hilarious
how are you gonna tell cherney he is an idiot that he just needs to lab jacqui then in the same thread say game is busted nrs can't balance anything. About gigas matchup tho... you don't honestly need to lab anything he has like 4 moves worth using. Maybe 5.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Jackui have 15 (!!!) 15 variants of attacks from leaps.

Jueks on upgraded

Rio on upgraded

Even Lovethoughts switch to upgraded

3 upgraded in top-8

Sooneo on next gen, 4 Jackui in top-8

Upgraded is fine, move along and just continue play to JACQUI KOMBAT 11 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
how are you gonna tell cherney he is an idiot that he just needs to lab jacqui then in the same thread say game is busted nrs can't balance anything. About gigas matchup tho... you don't honestly need to lab anything he has like 4 moves worth using. Maybe 5.
I’m speaking from experience. I did say Jaqui is fine, but I also said there were characters who are really busted and there are also people who reminded us of Kabal MK9, Quan Chi and Alien in X and XL, MMH and Batgirl in Injustice etc. No way in hell is MK11 balanced and it won’t be so in a million years. Is it more balanced than previous games? Yeah. Is it a balanced game on its own? Nah. It’s extremely boring that’s for sure.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Jackui have 15 (!!!) 15 variants of attacks from leaps.

Jueks on upgraded

Rio on upgraded

Even Lovethoughts switch to upgraded

3 upgraded in top-8

Sooneo on next gen, 4 Jackui in top-8

Upgraded is fine, move along and just continue play to JACQUI KOMBAT 11 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

View attachment 16607
Goodness.

There weren’t 3 Upgraded’s in Top 8. Sooneo plays Next Gen.

This week no Jacqui made Top 8 as they all lost in pools.

If we’re going to go ham, let’s at least get the facts straight first.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If we’re going to go ham, let’s at least get the facts straight first.
This concept continues to be highly difficult for some individuals.

Jacqui is not "the most broken character in Mortal Kombat 11's history". She is not "broken". She is not Leroy. She is a top tier character who may or may not need one or two minor adjustments just like Liu Kang and Johnny Cage.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I’d rather they try to raise up the lower tiers than this game of whack-a-mole we’re playing with the top tiers so far. But if Kang and Geras had to get their mid strings adjusted... I don’t see how Jacqui has gotten away with keeping her 9f safe adv mid -2ob stagger hit confirmable leads to massive dmg really really fucking good string.

But she’s not remotely the most broken character ever. You ever get hit by a 80+% bnb before? MK9 players have.
I mained Cyrax. I'll drink to that.

Upgraded Jacqui is not broken.

Jacqui at her base is just a very good base character, no matter what you give her.
Upgraded Jacqui is a top tier build. A Aop tier build that many more characters would be able to deal with sanely were it not for the poorly executed variation system holding characters back. In my opinion, until the day the comes that all options are put on the table, we have no idea what the real MK11 Top Tier should actually look like. But Jacqui would likely be at the top of the Pyramid no matter what as she currently exists.

The same people who co-signed Upgraded cosigned Pitch Black and killed Kollector's Chakram. I don't understand why you would purposely create such unnecessary gaps between the tiers instead of just letting your game be what it is.

Anyway
Tl;Dr: it's stupid that a build as good as Upgraded exists while other entire characters are handcuffed by variation limitations.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lol @ people actually defending upgraded...she's not "broken" she just beats everyone so ok she's just not balanced then.:rolleyes: Is there really a difference? I'd gladly play Cyrax or anyone in MK 9 any day over Geras or Jacqui in this game.

That's actually copy paste MEME by a guy that was downplaying Scorpion.
Ah ok. Weren't there a lot of memes about him?

Last edited:

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
He's talking about a mid, not a hop that literally jumps over the lows and raises the character's entire model/hurtbox out of that area.

'Crush' in fighting games usually describes something that would normally be vunerable to a hitbox from a particular attack, but either doesn't have a hurtbox where it normally would, or is specifically flagged to have priority over certain attacks.
Ah ok

Sometimes, NRS community reminds me BDSM club, where when they have a broken shit like Jaqcui, that shits on the game, on the footsies, on all genereal mechanic, on all roster, on risk-reward, but you must speak only NO THAT IS NOT BRAINDEAD BROKEN CHARACTER SHE IS OK YOU JUST SCRUB LAB HER AND SHER WILL BE LOWTIER
People in this community were defending mkx's quan chi semi unblockables hit infinites, claiming he is fine because he has poor wake up options.

There are some people you can't reason with no matter what. But no worries, there is no doubt that upgraded will be normalized sooner or later.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!

Why i wouldn't waste my time
So he rage quits as Seeing Double Noob Saibot after using a 42-frame projectile (Ghost Ball) on a teleport character (Back in the Pack Kollector) and then wasting Meter for Amplified Slide on block after the Kollector blocks the whole 113 String which could've been easily hit confirmed.

"Better than 90% of the player-base".

LMAO.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So he rage quits as Seeing Double Noob Saibot after using a 42-frame projectile (Ghost Ball) on a teleport character (Back in the Pack Kollector) and then wasting Meter for Amplified Slide on block after the Kollector blocks the whole 113 String which could've been easily hit confirmed.

"Better then 90% of the player-base".

LMAO.
That guy has a video of Scorpion’s teleport combo. He calls it a piss easy beginner combo then proceeds dropping it three times in a row.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Lol @ people actually defending upgraded...she's not "broken" she just beats everyone so ok she's just not balanced then.
That is fun AF, that is like some sort of sect, where is no s-broken braindead tiers and all whining on broken shit, like upgraded is haram and tref and unholy herecy
Burn in fire those heretics, who believed in s-tiers!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In today's NRS competitive scene, where there is a much higher quantity of players playing at a high level compared to years ago, you'd expect this character to be completely obliterating the entire competitive landscape the same way Leroy, Tanya, Inj1 Scorpion, and others did.

Upgraded ain't even getting out of pools in some tournaments, in her current state.

That's something to think about.

Also, previous characters unanimously considered #1, like Kabal and MMH, were not unbeatable for the simple fact that a number of characters had very viable matchups vs them. It's not like they ONLY had 8-2s or worse, though they did have matchups like that. 6-4 isn't a death sentence of a matchup, and especially not 5-5.

This concept continues to be highly difficult for some individuals.

Jacqui is not "the most broken character in Mortal Kombat 11's history". She is not "broken". She is not Leroy. She is a top tier character who may or may not need one or two minor adjustments just like Liu Kang and Johnny Cage.
Isn’t that what the majority of us have been saying? Why is it so difficult for some ppl to admit the character is a little too strong. I know y’all got y’all elder MK guru thing going on but be honest and transparent. This character is dumb and I’m all for minor adjustments

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Isn’t that what the majority of us have been saying? Why is it so difficult for some ppl to admit the character is a little too strong. I know y’all got y’all elder MK guru thing going on but be honest and transparent. This character is dumb and I’m all for minor adjustments
That's not the impression I've been getting at all.

If the community felt the character "needs minor adjustments", no one would say she's carrying folks so hard the way they do.

From what I'm seeing, "minor adjustments" means castrate the character lol.