What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Deathstroke can backdash after any guns as you try to gain space it takes. Yes, a backdash distance is smaller than a forward dash, but still significant. And when you get close he uses a homing move. It isn't so easy to fight against him like they are trying to make it look, all the guys talk as if only scrubs uses him.
Of course scrubs aren't the only ones using deathstroke. There are quality players also using him and taking advantage of the nuances of a new game. But that's just it. It's a new game. So while yes it is tough to fight him now, I cannot agree that at this point after the release, he is as impossible to fight as some make it out to be.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
They get something that most of the community doesn't...it's not their fault. How are they being disrespectful? When they have been proven to be right most of the time.
You really think that have one person who attends a forum completely around tournament play and has some trouble to punish him at close range? Show me a post from someone with a problem with it, serious.

The problem is what to do at full screen, not how to use a 6 frames move [that not everyone has] to punish something at close range. This video is a joke, not meant absolutely nothing to show the obvious: that his guns are unsafe at close range.

When someone thinks they've got no options... they sometimes quickly give up. When they give up they might start spreading false information about a certain character and others follow their lead. Well, stop. REO and Tom Brady have put together a video showcasing the true options when punishing Deathstroke's guns.

Just remember, there's always a way around something and sometimes you gotta think out of the box to achieve success.

Source: NEWYORKJOSEPH
Credit: REDRUM26
THANK U Reo and Tom. Hopefully all this nonsense will stop.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mao

Of course scrubs aren't the only ones using deathstroke. There are quality players also using him and taking advantage of the nuances of a new game. But that's just it. It's a new game. So while yes it is tough to fight him now, I cannot agree that at this point after the release, he is as impossible to fight as some make it out to be.
I agree. I don't think the character should be nerfed or anything, just studied.

Reactions: SLy

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You REALLY shouldnt cry about deathstroke, look at Cyborg. Like I said before, Deathstroke is a fish compared to Cyborg for zoning.

Also, even online I dont see Deathstroke being anywhere near as bad as what you're saying, spinny sword thing is full combo punishable, gunshots require careful movement to get around, not the MK style rambo your way in and give no fucks style of movement. Think Tom Brady Sub Zero style movement, careful.

This isn't MK.
Shh about cyborg ;)

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
You really think that have one person who attends a forum completely around tournament play and has some trouble to punish him at close range? Show me a post from someone with a problem with it, serious.

The problem is what to do at full screen, not how to use a 6 frames move [that not everyone has] to punish something at close range. This video is a joke, not meant absolutely nothing to show the obvious: that his guns are unsafe at close range.
well...here's the thing...Salde doesn't suck...and guns should be used at full screen...lbsh some characters will have trouble getting in on him. There isn't going to be some ultimate weakness everyone can take advantage of. What do you want done with him? make it so everyone can kick his ass? I bet you think Cybrog's iafb is cheap too since it can shutdown a lot of the cast.

Darth Mao

well...here's the thing...Salde doesn't suck...and guns should be used at full screen...lbsh some characters will have trouble getting in on him. There isn't going to be some ultimate weakness everyone can take advantage of. What do you want done with him? make it so everyone can kick his ass? I bet you think Cybrog's iafb is cheap too since it can shutdown a lot of the cast.
I don't have any interest in letting him weak, far from it. As I said before, i haven't difficulty against him, my problems are with other characters. I would much rather study and adapt to simply cry out for unnecessary nerfs that fuck the game.

Of course, some characters will struggle against others, i'm not crazy to think that not. But just think coming here with a video of these and still come out as revolutionaries is totally unnecessary, doesn't show anything to do with characters who have trouble against him.

Show me how to proceed with the Green Arrow, i'm curious to know what to do with a character that jump slow or have command arrows that you don't have time to use under constant pressure and so on.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I don't have any interest in letting him weak, far from it. As I said before, i haven't difficulty against him, my problems are with other characters. I would much rather study and adapt to simply cry out for unnecessary nerfs that fuck the game.

Of course, some characters will struggle against others, i'm not crazy to think that not. But just think coming here with a video of these and still come out as revolutionaries is totally unnecessary, doesn't show anything to do with characters who have trouble against him.

Show me how to proceed with the Green Arrow, i'm curious to know what to do with a character that jump slow or have command arrows that you don't have time to use under constant pressure and so on.
that's called a bad mu dude...slade beats some characters...he doesn't suck so he has to have good mus...i mean raven and whoever you run may rape him, but it can't be for everyone.

Also green arrow can do jump fire/shock arrows. I also hear frozen arrows do the ticket as well vs. him.

If a Deathstroke tries to zone with projectiles at danger range (in this case Lex's Corp Charge range) then that is not a good DS lol. It's not even a mid level Deathstroke player. You will only see that at low levels.

Watch how REO plays Kabal. Does he spam IA balls up close? No when the opponent is starting to get close REO is either looking to go into offensive before his opponent does or he is looking to reposition himself to start zoning again. That's what smart zoners do. The whole point of zoning is to keep a character out of his comfortable range. In this case, Lex Luthor's Corp Charge defines that comfortable range. When Lex is anywhere within that range, good Deathstroke players will not try to zone because they already have failed at keeping Lex out. They will try to reposition or fight at close range aka not zone lol. Why would a smart player shoot at Corp Charge range when they know they can get punished on block. Again assuming the DS player is somewhat knowledgeable and smart..

Anyway, I'm going to assume Tom and REO were super drunk when they made this video lmao.

Darth Mao

that's called a bad mu dude...slade beats some characters...he doesn't suck so he has to have good mus...i mean raven and whoever you run may rape him, but it can't be for everyone.

Also green arrow can do jump fire/shock arrows. I also hear frozen arrows do the ticket as well vs. him.
I know that bad matchups exists in any fighting game, what i meant was that they could do something focused on how to proceed in this kind of matchup, not show me that the guns are unsafe at close range.

Darth Mao

If a Deathstroke tries to zone with projectiles at danger range (in this case Lex's Corp Charge range) then that is not a good DS lol. It's not even a mid level Deathstroke player. You will only see that at low levels.

Watch how REO plays Kabal. Does he spam IA balls up close? No when the opponent is starting to get close REO is either looking to go into offensive before his opponent does or he is looking to reposition himself to start zoning again. That's what smart zoners do. The whole point of zoning is to keep a character out of his comfortable range. In this case, Lex Luthor's Corp Charge defines that comfortable range. When Lex is anywhere within that range, good Deathstroke players will not try to zone because they already have failed at keeping Lex out. They will try to reposition or fight at close range aka not zone lol. Why would a smart player shoot at Corp Charge range when they know they can get punished on block. Again assuming the DS player is somewhat knowledgeable and smart..

Anyway, I'm going to assume Tom and REO were super drunk when they made this video lmao.
THIS!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Why would a smart player shoot at Corp Charge range when they know they can get punished on block. Again assuming the DS player is somewhat knowledgeable and smart..
That's pretty much the question I'm asking. You would never play a zoner that way.

Noob

Let me clarify, as I'm now more familiar with name of Lex's move, the Corp Charge.

At full screen, Lex was able to DASH between DS zoning, closing the distance.

This set up 3 options:

1. DS holds his ground, tries to continue to zone until he feels the pressure and retreats... setting up option 2.

2. DS retreats, continues to zone, but is now closer to the wall...this option forces the inevitable against the Lex player who is dashing properly...DS will eventually wind up cornered.

3. Either from a cornered position or from "Corps. Charge" rane, DS does his sword flip move, which is full combo punishable on block.

I watched all this happen live and in person LAST NIGHT.

I am not saying its easy... I'm just saying I saw it, I know it's possible, and when more people discover it and see it themselves, and learn to time it correctly, DS will be less of a problem for them... but it will take time.

I am not saying its easy... I'm just saying I saw it, I know it's possible, and when more people discover it and see it themselves, and learn to time it correctly, DS will be less of a problem for them... but it will take time.
Then that should've been the video front paged, not this. Just saying. :)

Noob
Then that should've been the video front paged, not this. Just saying. :)
Fair enough, but we should allow the conversation to evolve then. Point taken, wrong video...

That doesn't mean that the conversation can't move forward constructively. DS zoning, especially by an experienced zoner, can be difficult to avoid...but an experienced rush down player will learn to adapt quickly. Like I said, I saw it last night and even Lex, one of the slowest in the game, can avoid it and close the distance.

i really dont understand the problem with dealing with fullscreen Slade. his projectiles dont push back on block. every character can play the match of attrition by blocking a gunshot , taking a few steps forward, then blocking again(if your dash isnt lex's you can dash in and block the next gunshot) . slowly push him to the corner , then bully the shit outta him. and tbh besides lex, i cant really think of a character that cant make him respect them at full screen. black adam can use MB lightning to take a nice 20% or just catch him with black magic to get in close. hell solomon grundy gets in for practically free. i honestly dont see the fuss

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
shout outs to reo and tom trying to make a video to demonstrate DS is punishable
however i can agree with pig when he says the issues addressed in this video was not what people are having problems with.
I see where everyone is coming from and someone needs to make a video to showcase fullscreen options against DS.
YES it is true that any one of us could go to lab lab for hours on end and find ways around deathstroke's zoning tools and punishing his sword flip, but the point some people are making is that this video answered none of those issues so if you are going to try and help the community around a problem character at least post a video with relative information if not then please let someone else do it, and if/when they do NO MATTER WHO they are, well known or not, perhaps that should get front paged instead of a pointless video front paged just because two tournament winners posted it.
it does not matter who posted or how many tournaments they have under the belt, the only thing that matters is the amount of relevant information in the video. period

Darth Mao

i really dont understand the problem with dealing with fullscreen Slade. his projectiles dont push back on block. every character can play the match of attrition by blocking a gunshot , taking a few steps forward, then blocking again(if your dash isnt lex's you can dash in and block the next gunshot) . slowly push him to the corner , then bully the shit outta him. and tbh besides lex, i cant really think of a character that cant make him respect them at full screen. black adam can use MB lightning to take a nice 20% or just catch him with black magic to get in close. hell solomon grundy gets in for practically free. i honestly dont see the fuss
And GA at full screen? And GL at full screen? You want to make it easier than it actually is, some characters have the tools and others don't. It's interesting to show some different solution to those who haven't.

I said it a million times

Instant air head shots on lex full screen out, how to get in with the walk speed ratio the way it compared to zoning recovery.
Ok I agree with the walk speed thing. GL has the same problem. Dash recovery seems to be the problem really. But the instant air guns only hit on big hitbox characters? or is this against everyone?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Let me clarify, as I'm now more familiar with name of Lex's move, the Corp Charge.

At full screen, Lex was able to DASH between DS zoning, closing the distance.

This set up 3 options:

1. DS holds his ground, tries to continue to zone until he feels the pressure and retreats... setting up option 2.

2. DS retreats, continues to zone, but is now closer to the wall...this option forces the inevitable against the Lex player who is dashing properly...DS will eventually wind up cornered.

3. Either from a cornered position or from "Corps. Charge" rane, DS does his sword flip move, which is full combo punishable on block.

Please expect a video of this tonight

After a week ill have more than a hour of free time to record some stuff and show people

"Dash in between zoning" will be shown

And GA at full screen? And GL at full screen? You want to make it easier than it actually is, some characters have the tools and others don't. It's interesting to show some different solution to those who haven't.
GA can block a gunshot, load an ice arrow( will take a shot but keep the arrow stocked) then he can wait to smell out a gun shot, hit them with ice, dash dash b3 into combo and to be on that ass. havent tested GL but if i find something i will post it