What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
We know he's a bit negative on block- but not negative enough to allow an opponent to get in on him.
Characters without Corps charge esque moves are still completely screwed, unless at point blank distance- which never happens, because Deathstroke can back-dash as well.
Yes, fore-ward dash distance is greater than Back-dash, but if he does the back-dash right after landing a gun, he can do it for free- and he's safe again. Any proper guess- and all progress is lost.

I'm a scrub. I'm trash. I complain. Feed me more.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
People don't know.

Deathstroke isn't the one you should be worried about.

It's Doomsday.

You guys are just lucky that Doomsday players are rare, and good ones are even rarer.

The shit you can pull of with him is straight up disgusting.
I've witnessed this first hand!

coolwhip

Noob
OK, I'm actually against all the Deathstroke complaints, and said as much in Pig's thread, but this video really proves shit. It just shows that Lex Luthor can punish Deathstroke from a certain range -- a range which many are struggling to get within to begin with.

In the video, they say they're going to touch on the full screen part "in a second," but didn't. Both of them sounded condescending as shit, acted like they were revealing revolutionary information, and basically proceeded to show nothing.

I'm not putting them on blast. Reo's thread about dealing with zoning was fantastic. This video on the other hand, is utterly useless.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Am I the only person playing Deathstroke because I like him?
I really don't care if he's godlike, or average, or backwards, or Issac Clarke.
I've already seen good, reputable players dropping him just because they feel the hate's gotten to the point it isn't worth playing him - AND IT'S ONLY WEEK ONE.

This is the dumbest argument ever.

Give it time. Let's see what the tournament results have to say about this.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
Am I the only person playing Deathstroke because I like him?
I really don't care if he's godlike, or average, or backwards, or Issac Clarke.
I've already seen good, reputable players dropping him just because they feel the hate's gotten to the point it isn't worth playing him - AND IT'S ONLY WEEK ONE.

This is the dumbest argument ever.

Give it time. Let's see what the tournament results have to say about this.
Yes, you are.

(I hope I italicized the right word)

coolwhip

Noob
By the way, it's important to note that unlike what is stated in the OP, the video does not show "the true options when punishing Deathstroke's guns." It literally shows how to punish his guns from a certain range, with one character using one move.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They might as well have made this same video but using Doomsday instead and doing meter burn supernova(unblockable shoulder drop) after every DS gun special.

Because that would have explained everything.

Also, Ratchet-Fabulous, I feel like you should have my avatar.

Seems like it would fit your name better.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
OK, I'm actually against all the Deathstroke complaints, and said as much in Pig's thread, but this video really proves shit. It just shows that Lex Luthor can punish Deathstroke from a certain range -- a range which many are struggling to get within to begin with.

In the video, they say they're going to touch on the full screen part "in a second," but didn't. Both of them sounded condescending as shit, acted like they were revealing revolutionary information, and basically proceeded to show nothing.

I'm not putting them on blast. Reo's thread about dealing with zoning was fantastic. This video on the other hand, is utterly useless.
front page

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
They might as well have made this same video but using Doomsday instead and doing meter burn supernova(unblockable shoulder drop) after every DS gun special.

Because that would have explained everything.

Also, Ratchet-Fabulous, I feel like you should have my avatar.

Seems like it would fit your name better.
Oprah, my queen, would be so unhappy. She tells me...

oprah.png

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I said it a few posts ago. Is very easy to come here and say to those who have difficulty just run and block as if the other player would get standing the whole time waiting you get close and finish him.

They should address more than punishments in short range, not everyone punishes with a 6 frames move and at close range Cablestroke don't is an issue. Everyone talks about how to block and dash as if it was something easy to do against a high skilled player but no one shows how to do this with characters like Lex, Harley, GL, GA, Grundy...

Show to the others how to deal with it at FULL SCREEN, not that shit.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Really it's not even the guns that fucks me or a lot of people up.

It's that bullshit instant sword spin hop move that has a huge hitbox, hits multiple times, and hits on both side.

Seriously what the fuck is up with that? I get in but I cant even cross up or go all in with pressure because I have to worry about that shit being mashed out with every break in my attack.

It's like they gave him the balanced weakness of having his ground projectiles being jumpable so you don't take chip if you have good timing or a good jump arc then said "fuck that" and made it so that you have to eat the chip when you aren't at full screen or else you get hit by that spinning bullshit that he can just throw out at any time and create more distance. It even has invincibly start-up on wake-up.

It's the reason why I rarely use my subs to fight him, I main Doomsday and I can get around that shit easily with him.