What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

"Dash in between zoning" will be shown
people dont get that lex can't dash between guns cuz he gets shot in the chest for free lol . the only thing i can think of with him is to walk a few steps and crouch block till in a certain range. take the low gun chip and everytime he does a low air gun dash under with lex charge to get even closer. that or hit pause and go to character select lol

Just watched this video. Uh... lol.

I was kinda skimming through the comments and don't feel like going back, but someone actually said this.... "I bet you think (insert any move here) is op because it shuts down alot of the cast." Bad matchups aren't the same thing as one single move completely invalidating any member of the cast. Those aren't bad matchups. Those are broken mechanics.

For the first few days I ignored the deathstroke talk because it was essentially the same thing as noobs crying about sheeva stomp spamming like the first couple days of MK release. This is different though. There are character who simply do not have an answer whatsoever for DS full screen zoning. Complete invalidation of characters is happening AT HIGH LEVELS. That's not some sort of surmountable bad matchup.

What's amazing to me is that there are actually people saying this isn't a problem and whining about Kenshi in the same breath. Deathstroke is Kenshi on crack.

Noob
Please expect a video of this tonight

After a week ill have more than a hour of free time to record some stuff and show people

"Dash in between zoning" will be shown
Brant, seriously, why are you attacking me? I didn't attack you, nor did I attack anyone else.

I'm not threatened by the thought that you might disprove anything... good for you if you do! The more knowledge that's out there, the better.

I'm not sure what you're trying to gain here by coming at me like this, especially since we've always been cool, cordial and friendly. If you have anything else to say, particularly if you choose to attack me, please PM me so we can handle it privately.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
"Uses his brain"

I swear u guys are all turning into some condescending fucks

I hope said players never lose to a DS
I guess it means you have to use your brain, this is not for braindead Kenshi players you know... but I'm glad you bring this topic of brokestroke to light, thank you very much.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I feel like the whole dashing in between argument is moot once he uses his trait since he either low shots you away or you jump and he iA shoots you.

I dont think he is OP but I dont know if I believe he is bottom 10 either.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Brant, seriously, why are you attacking me? I didn't attack you, nor did I attack anyone else.

I'm not threatened by the thought that you might disprove anything... good for you if you do! The more knowledge that's out there, the better.

I'm not sure what you're trying to gain here by coming at me like this, especially since we've always been cool, cordial and friendly. If you have anything else to say, particularly if you choose to attack me, please PM me so we can handle it privately.
Well you called me brain less and basically dumb when in fact I know for the most part what I'm saying is right

Best thing I can do at this point is make a video

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
BE. PATIENT. Duck. Walk a half step. Duck again. Push him to the corner.

There was this old game called Street Fighter 2 that people should check out. Pick Zangief. Play against Guile. Learn to be really, really patient.
Yes, be patient while Deathstroke eats your life with chip damage.

Zangief has tools to deal with Guile, bro.

BE. PATIENT. Duck. Walk a half step. Duck again. Push him to the corner.

There was this old game called Street Fighter 2 that people should check out. Pick Zangief. Play against Guile. Learn to be really, really patient.
LOL.... does guile do that much chip / have unblockable sonic booms???

It sucks that we have no real arcade scene in US. Its not like Tekken where Namco tests the living fuck out of it in the arcade. NRS just drops the game and molds the game to everyones bitching. I bet nrs' employees cry themselves to sleep at night. Gonna wait for a patch and start playing.

D

Deleted member 9158

This deathstroke fuss reminds me of the ruckus some people made about Noob Saibot's zoning game in MK9.

Or Kano. That poor bastard. Give the game like a month or two and this deathstroke circle jerking will be done and over with.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
LOL.... does guile do that much chip / have unblockable sonic booms???

People will learn to deal with Deathstroke. If he's so unstoppable, why did we only see a single DS (Aris) even crack Top 8 in the two tournaments so far?

Make a read. Try jumping a gun. Otherwise just play super patient. It's a week into the game. So much overreaction.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)

So does most of the cast in Injustice, as most have the tools to deal with Deathstroke. And, like Zangief in Street Fighter 2, those tools still require the player to make patient reads.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
People will learn to deal with Deathstroke. If he's so unstoppable, why did we only see a single DS (Aris) even crack Top 8 in the two tournaments so far?

Make a read. Try jumping a gun. Otherwise just play super patient. It's a week into the game. So much overreaction.
I don't have any interest in letting him weak, far from it. As I said before, i haven't difficulty against him, my problems are with other characters. I'm here just trying to help those who play with characters that have difficulties against him. It's not easy to handle as they want to make it appear, he's a "problem" to be studied.

Aquaman has tools to deal with him, but and who doesn't?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I'm fine w taking all this heat, all it does is provide ammo for the eventual blow up
All beef aside, there is this guy Pwnstar that got it and explain it very clearly, let me quote some of his posts:

"... it's more about how dominating the match ups are. What you don't want is abundant 3-7's and 2-8's. A games balance should try to float around 5-5's and 4-6's as much as possible. So when discussing nerf/buff you have to look at how to achieve that without hurting already fine match ups.

It'd be nice to play an NRS game where I don't have to rely on counter picks or cave to the few characters with no bad MUs. I wanna play the character I like without feeling I'm already at disadvantage."

"...Just right now zoning matches turn into this boring and tedious fight to slowly move into mid range where jump ins and evasive punishes become viable. I try walk, block on DS full screen all the time and the amount of ground you cover is pathetic before he can get another volley off. "

"...You should always feel like your character can win if you play well. If the match up is completely dependent upon the other player making a mistake to let you start a neutral game, somethings wrong. A character should always have options. Those options shouldn't be direct counter for everyone, but you need things to evolve the match. With the current design of the game once the match goes full screen some characters don't have options. Armor won't work on DS, jumping is a good way to get punished and reset to the far corner, walk/duck is depressingly bad, most zoning options stalemate at best..."

and my favorite:

"Shitty matchups should never be celebrated as good game design...that's just ol' school nostalgia pride justifying inexperienced game development in early FGs.

Games should always strive for 5-5 as much as possible. It's not possible due to how many factors are at play and theory fighting also plays a role in declaring where the match up can sit, but really bad MU's should never be simply assumed a good thing. Too many players cling to simple 'never nerf, adapt' and 'well this character can beat it...', but good game design sits within an intended scope. When oversights are discovered by the community that circumvent the intent of play, it should be looked at and observed if it breaks the spirit of the game and creates imbalance. People like to act like exploits are intention of the design and when a tournament comes, fine abuse the game as much as you can to win, but when discussing tweeks prior, a balanced game should always be a priority when patches are available.

Characters should never be helpless to another character, they should have moments of superiority and ways to strive for this situation. You have to also look at how easy it is to create and maintain the superiority. Can it be fished for without consequence? Are there risks? How many right moves do you have to make versus the defender? (and this is sort of the argument with getting in on DS from fullscreen...)

It kills me how many times you can have veteran and good players be completely unaware of good game design fundamentals. It's awesome people strive to work with a system before changing it, but too often we see the dust settle and a really arrogant stance taken that imbalance is a good thing. Casual and competitive players alike tend to want to feel they can play the character they like and still win. Look at SC4 versus SC5. SC5 had the lowest tier take EVO while SC4 was filled with Hilde and top tier characters forced to do 5 low damage pokes the whole game to win...it fuckin sucked even though they adapted to compete with Hilde. You have to ask, even if it's beatable...does it make for good game play? In the case of Hilde...no, it completely broke the game and how you had to play to win. "
________

I was listeng to the last podcast and it seems to me that the intention was to make a game with all this "dirty tools" but give them to all the chars in order to "balancing all", and seriously I think this is a big mistake if you take account of all the casual players that are the the majority of cosnsumers, I guess this is why we have that black adam's divekick, that KF's slide, that DS's gunmachine, that raven's buffed ermac move, etc. I know maybe at high level, with time, people will find how to deal with all of these dirty tools but for a casual player all these dirty moves just ruined the game. Seriously, I watch some reviews on youtube that already mention the DS issue.

You were a tester, you know Paulo, maybe you could explain him why could be a good business decision to make some little changes, "pros" and casual players" interests dont need to be at conflict, both should enjoy the game, but if people will discover more "dirty tricks" and start to abuse them at online matches then there will be a lot of angry dissapointed people towards the game and that doesn't benefit anybody.

Maybe it will be difficult to rebalance the game but I think it worth a try. That's all, it goes without saying I hate zoning, I think the majority of casual players hate it also, I'm not asking to remove zoning from the game because it is clear that zoning is strong on purpose, but watching people relying in a single tool to win a match make the game stupid to say the less.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Maybe because the game is only a week old? Make that argument in a couple of months lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Alright I'm just going to say it one more time then I'm done. Why aren't you people looking for a way to stop all this instead of sitting on here bitching about it? This video was posted to show that DS's "safe guns" are most definitely punishable. I'm not trying to say that his zoning game isn't strong or that the punish is guarenteed, but he is at the very least negative and you should be able to get a trade off and advance at some point. There is no point sitting on here whining and complaining about hard guns are to get past. We should be figuring out how to deal with this, not doing...this. This is the exact thing we kept telling everyone not to do when the game came out. Remember?! ANYONE?!

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
really guys... this is getting out of hand... I love reposting this of mine... the damn game is a week old you impatient entitled feeling fast food microwave lazy fs!!! if months from now DS is dominating all tourny's and such fine look into balancing but NO ONE... NO ONE has the experience of high level play to claim any nerf/buffs are needed. DS is a frustrating match up for some characters but that's his meta right now. it could change! no one knows! I don't care if you've played 10000 matches because right now no one is exp enough to really have dived into tech. most of those matches weren't against the same level of play. let the game breathe. if you can't beat it someone will probably figure it out and you can steal their tech... nothing wrong with that. but please the game is just out. ya'll are worse than SRK .
NO NERFS!!! AT ALL!!!
nerfs on a one week old game? :confused:
You haven't even had time to really TRY and counter it. Let's see.... Batman should only always be able to call one bat but only once per match... deathstroke shouldn't be able to shoot in the air and his guns should backfire half the time... KF should only slide backwards... solomon grundy shouldn't be able to dash... Doomsday should die if he doesn't kill someone after his armor is activated. supes should get kryptonite poisoning after every heat blast... black adam should age 5000 years and die if he does his super... catwoman should fight naked... (sigh) whiners

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Maybe I'm okay with those changes after all....:eek:
a common sentiment to be sure ;)
I'll throw it out there as i've done at SRK my xbox name is the same as my name here. I'd be happy to pick DS (though I don't play him) I know his moves and combos enough and can zone competently so some of you guys can learn the matchups. ya see... what i do with FG's since the inception of online is if someone owns me with a character I send them a message to see if they will play some sets with me... so I can learn the matchup... I ask questions... so what can I do when you do this etc etc.... it works sometimes... it doesn't others.... suck up your pride and try to learn guys... I'll help if I can but like I said.... ONE WEEK OLD GAME so I don't know all the matchups... but anything is better than ermergerdnerfplzicantwincrubzorz

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
I was just using Raven and fighting a Deathstroke. It was truly impossible to dash between gun shots. As soon as one standing shot ended another one was incoming before I could dash. I couldn't jump in the air and activate my trait because that required be to get hit. I literally had to kneel down in a corner.