What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
When someone thinks they've got no options... they sometimes quickly give up. When they give up they might start spreading false information about a certain character and others follow their lead. Well, stop. REO and Tom Brady have put together a video showcasing the true options when punishing Deathstroke's guns.

Just remember, there's always a way around something and sometimes you gotta think out of the box to achieve success.

UPDATED W/ PART II:

Source: NEWYORKJOSEPH
Credit: REDRUM26

Attachments

Thank you from saving us from an ass that uses his status against TYM for his favor.
man pig used to be my favorite =( dead to me
now bring in the Sinestro

to me this DS character SCREAMS bottom 10 based on what iv tested in practice mode. I believe that that DS will continue to flood tournaments and Never place in a top 8. Just like it has been going and just as the way we see it with our own fucking eyes. Bacon of the frauds sells snake oil to fools and followers

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have to say online all people use is DS (he's the KL of this game) at least right now being the "go to guy" for the win, but I've found just fight fire with fire...

Pick DS also, main him it's anyone's game or my answer is Hawkgirl ;) fight zoning with zoning. There were these two DS's just ruling a KOTH last night until I got in there, I won't lie it's annoying as hell to get in but very possible. Doomsday can also work well, utilize his power trait and get in there....once DD is in there, he's hard to keep out.

I did play this one guy from SRK who knew how to use Black Adam well, I gave him major props. He made my HG work bigtime..

I appreciate both Reo and TB...but goddamnit! That video displays the worse example of what many are complaining about! Deathstroke is the definition of swiss, provolone, Munster, pepper jack and chedder cheese I've ever encountered in a game.

Anyway, it's all good. I am really enjoying this game and will eventually figure things out...hopefully.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
The game hasn't even been out for a whole week (publicly). Time will tell what happens with DS. A couple months from now I'm sure people will have figured out what methods works for them personally when dealing with DS. Just go into practice mode and work on scenarios. Thanks for the video.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Walk and duck until you get in range. You can also guess right with jumps but even that is risky.
You can see the ex-rifle overhead coming everytime.

REO even made a thread omg lol
I've seen this thread, and Deathstroke isn't my problem in this game. I talk about this video, they could show what REO posted on the other thread about covering spaces.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I appreciate both Reo and TB...but goddamnit! That video displays the worse example of what many are complaining about! Deathstroke is the definition of swiss, provolone, Munster, pepper jack and chedder cheese I've ever encountered in a game.

Anyway, it's all good. I am really enjoying this game and will eventually figure things out...hopefully.
lol kind of reminds me a little of MKA Sareena(if you played that game, she could just spam knives all day) getting in on DS is all about reading, timing and luck lol.

I've noticed people tend to do the same with Sinestro too with his fireball and comet crush moves.

I definitely agree with the guys who played the earlier builds, this game is ALL about zoning far more then MK...

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
At full screen block and dash. That will cover a good chunk of distance. Or counter pick with Doomsday. Meter burn his unblockable drop at full screen and his jump splash has priority over his flipping sword move as long as its not a wakeup. DS is being exposed so be patience nerf demanders lol or is that possible?

Darth Mao

Relax, i just think they should address more than punishments in short range, that isn't what others have claimed. And could cover options punishment with other characters as well, not everyone punishes with a 6 frames move...

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Walk and duck until you get in range. You can also guess right with jumps but even that is risky.
You can see the ex-rifle overhead coming everytime.

REO even made a thread omg lol
Provided you have a decent walk speed, or a decent dash into duck, or a decent jump. Of which Green Lantern has none.

Darth Mao

At full screen block and dash. That will cover a good chunk of distance. Or counter pick with Doomsday. Meter burn his unblockable drop at full screen and his jump splash has priority over his flipping sword move as long as its not a wakeup. DS is being exposed so be patience nerf demanders lol or is that possible?
And when I don't want counterpicking? I'll be forced, very nice...
Seriously, counterpicking isn't a viable option. Everyone talks about how to block and dash for cover spaces [as if it was something easy to do against a high skilled player] but no one shows HOW to do this with characters that DON'T have any/many options at full screen against him as Lex, Harley and others. That's what they're complaining, not punishment at short range.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I don't wanna sound like an elitist asshole butttt if you're complaining about deathstroke, odds are that you're a scrub.

The same kind of people who complained about noob and ermac in MK9, online warriors, and not the good kind of online warriors.

Let's not listen to these people k?

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
From what i see DS was not a problem for the ''good'' players in Tournaments.If you cannot handle zoning characters,got bad internet,play game that has bad Netcode or you are just ''Bad'' it's all your problem!:eek:

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Provided you have a decent walk speed, or a decent dash into duck, or a decent jump. Of which Green Lantern has none.
i have been using jump back forward 3 to get in on deathstroke...it doesn't work all the time but it definately makes yolo-lantern more viable against him...