What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

God i love you for posting his video, Im just a guy but....I want your baby!!.

But seriously this is a prime example of people that do not know their options available to them and not knowing what their character has to offer them.

f%#k off you people who want instant gratification. LEARN.YOUR.SHIT

Oh, Lex can punish DS gunshots from jump range, nice find. Can anybody explain how to avoid the chip damage? The chip damage is that what DS makes so stupid. A heavy zoning game with no fireball trades, never seen such a shit before. If you get hit by a gunshot, the next gunshot is guaranteed chip damage. You easily lost 10-20% life to get up close and in this range DS have options too, like the sword flip shit which is safe or a jump in with insta low starter. I think in the near future every char will have a setup with the possibility to rush DS down but this doesn´t change the "gameplan" for DS which is annoying as hell. Then the DS mainers switch to Cyborg and we have to restart the discussion. btw a zoner called Deathstroke is irony at it´s best

ha
I appreciate both Reo and TB...but goddamnit! That video displays the worse example of what many are complaining about! Deathstroke is the definition of swiss, provolone, Munster, pepper jack and chedder cheese I've ever encountered in a game.

Anyway, it's all good. I am really enjoying this game and will eventually figure things out...hopefully.
i have had zero issues beating him with black adam and aquaman. seems at best a bottom 10 character thats only good at beating people that dont think and try to blindly rush in.

Oh, Lex can punish DS gunshots from jump range, nice find. Can anybody explain how to avoid the chip damage? The chip damage is that what DS makes so stupid. A heavy zoning game with no fireball trades, never seen such a shit before. If you get hit by a gunshot, the next gunshot is guaranteed chip damage. You easily lost 10-20% life to get up close and in this range DS have options too, like the sword flip shit which is safe or a jump in with insta low starter. I think in the near future every char will have a setup with the possibility to rush DS down but this doesn´t change the "gameplan" for DS which is annoying as hell. Then the DS mainers switch to Cyborg and we have to restart the discussion. btw a zoner called Deathstroke is irony at it´s best
rofl the sword flip is not safe and the chip is laughable if you dont actually get hit. i dont know what your smoking but ill take some, it seems fucking amazing.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Lex and GL? At full screen? Please, show me how. Seriously.
Like i said man... I dont know, i m just guessing... Lex COULD win against DS, if he plays smart. He can shut down his zoning by using land mines and the unblockable setups. Also his projectiles are +f on block if i remember correctly, which means if DS blocks one, Lex has the projectile war advantage and he can mix it up from there. Air dash really helps Lex when he is on full screen as well i suppose.

Like i said man... I dont know, i m just guessing... Lex COULD win against DS, if he plays smart. He can shut down his zoning by using land mines and the unblockable setups. Also his projectiles are +f on block if i remember correctly, which means if DS blocks one, Lex has the projectile war advantage and he can mix it up from there. Air dash really helps Lex when he is on full screen as well i suppose.
and armor and the little orbs that shoot projectiles. people not thinking about their options and too worried about the other guys options

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
and armor and the little orbs that shoot projectiles. people not thinking about their options and too worried about the other guys options
Yeap, totally forgot about the drones as well. You are right. His trait though does not help that much cause it can only absorb two hits.

I think there is some obvious confusion. It's apparent that some of the "elitist" ARE likely referring to scrubby Deathstroke players when they defend the BS that he does. I, myself, am referring to a week 1 "skilled" player that utilizes all of Deathstrokes options. I tend to think that it'll get worse before it gets better. A "skilled" Deathstroke player makes you feel completely helpless--that feeling...is WHAT I AM WHINING ABOUT. That should not be occurring to that extent.

With that said, I picked up Deathstroke, went into practice mode, afterwards, went into Rank Matches...10-0'd the competition. I felt terrible...

This character will probably scare away anyone who dares to jump online without a solid fighting game background, because they will feel helpless against him. Because they are. "Just dash, block" is not really a good answer to 98% of the not hardcore gamercrowd. This game has/had so much potential to bring new blood into the FGC. Already good players are not the problem here.

No offense but this video is a joke lol. What kind of a scrubby Deathstroke would try to zone with shots from that obvious corp charge range. Even online scrubs know better and spam Sword Flip/Spin from there, or they jump back/backdash.

Then they have the guts to say that -6 is punishable when we all know most characters normals are 10-11 frames and those quick pokes have no range. At -6 most characters can only do d1 for a punish, and that's if they even have a 6f d1. But some don't. And you'd need to be point blank from DS somehow when he fires.

Please tell me this video is a joke/troll response because otherwise I'm disappointed. I was expecting more from top players.

I'm not saying Deathstroke is OP. I'm saying this video shows absolutely nothing relevant (it doesn't show the matchup/how to get in like many have said before me. It only shows "once you're in corp charge range, punish things with it if DS is bad enough to fire from here and can't do IA shots).

But I forgive them because they were obviously tired from the Civil War tourney. :)

Riiiight! I never thought about that--DASH AND BLOCK! Niiiice! I think I got it now! That's for the enlightenment! ...ugh.

May I make an official request to all Deathstroke mains to allow me into their kingdom?! I'm 100% dedicated to the cause.

@LordBob

the chip isn´t laughable. You know that you gain more meter while chiping then your opponent and this with a mechanic where you can drawback life for meter. Chiping is DS pressure tool. I don´t say that he is OP or imbalanced but now his zoning seems quite strong. I main Arrow, show me some tech how to close the gap constantly. Dash block?, nice, but the deathstroke player know this too a can adapt as well. I haven´t found something viable, my arrows are slow and do 1% on hit, arrow charge is a free hit for Deathstroke, may his fire arrows are an option cause of knockdown. After full combo, any safe jump setups? I haven´t found any. Against Arrow the risk/reward is in DS favour, may be it is a bad match up against Arrow but then NRS take the same mistake like in MK with too many extreme matchups and a stupid counterpick tech. Counterpicking should not be the best option.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't know any decent Deathstoke that uses the guns at that range. This video picks the one character with a 6-frame jump-range advancing move, and then moves Deathstroke in to his weakest range for gunshots to show how you can punish something Deathstroke should never do, with the 6-frame dash character.

Not sure if serious.

ando1184

Noob
I think it would make more sense if there was a vid for getting past supermans zoning. IMO he is more of a threat and is a character that will probably hold his own in tournaments

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lance Blast is slightly negative on block and has a 21-frame startup. You won't be annoying DS with it anytime soon. Lex is at a strong disadvantage zoning-wise.
Also, the closest thing Lex has to an unblockable setup is only possible when your opponent is cornered, and you can wakeup backdash out if timed perfectly.

Air Corps Charge to cover ground is completely punishable because it has recovery time when he lands.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Lance Blast is slightly negative on block and has a 21-frame startup. You won't be annoying DS with it anytime soon. Lex is at a strong disadvantage zoning-wise.
Also, the closest thing Lex has to an unblockable setup is only possible when your opponent is cornered, and you can wakeup backdash out if timed perfectly.

Air Corps Charge to cover ground is completely punishable because it has recovery time when he lands.
As long as my mains destroy DS, i really dont give a shit. But thanks for explaining to me the Lex-DS MU.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Tom Brady REO Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. You two are some of the only top players looking at this game the way it should be looked at...a week one game. I thank you for the video and the knowledge you have bestowed upon us.