What's new

Guide - Kenshi ***UPDATED 8-16-16 *** Pig of the Hut's Kenshi MU thread

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I spoke w Kamassi and he agrees w me on almost every number except he think kenshi beats lao 6-4 across the board and I can agree w this . Will change

We are currently in heavy discussions about Takeda #s

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@Pig Of The Hut What about the Bo Rai Cho matchup vs Balanced? It puzzles me you put that Kenshi gets even or loses... why you think so?

I had this one as one the the few select good matchups for Balanced.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
You said 5-5 Commando.

That's really peaked my interest because I think it would be in Kenshi's favor over 5-5. To tell the truth I'm not sure if most kano mains would like that mu because of how shitty Kenshi is he can still out zone cmd kano. But yeah if cmd kano gets in then it's game over I guess.

I kind of would like you to walk me through the mu because I wouldn't pick cmd to face bad character with zoning let alone a great zoner in lu Kang except flame fist.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I know the feeling. It's frustrating.

Being told to wait and play it out when the obvious is right in front of you, then in August 2016 have to say the same exact thing while everyone else has been uber buffed. Then other characters get torched or mega buffed without waiting to "play out" anything. That's the definition of contradiction.

The irony in it is having his MK9 variation named "Balanced", which can almost be perceived as a sign of trolling Kenshi players. The irony, the irony indeed.
yep i feel bad for kenshi, sub zero, triborg, and goro players

Tweedy

Noob
Grandmaster Sub Zero could be top 5 if the top 3 characters and Mystic Ermac didn't exist.

Lets be serious.

Edit: You can replace Mystic with D'vorah or Kung Jin, or whoever. My point is that he has a lot of winning match ups, he just loses to the top characters and a few here or there. If he lost 3-4 of those bad matches, he'd be fucking retarded. You can't play Sub vs Jax, Johnny, Jacqui, Kitana, Kotal, Liu Kang, Jason, Leatherface, Smoke, etc etc, and act like you're playing some mid or low tier character lol.

Bro, you do remember that Pig got 2nd place at EVO losing only to Sonic at the peak of the games life right?
And also, kenshi could of used some nerfs in mk9 but he wasn't kabal broken. Pigs deserves all the credit for all his placings with kenshi. Literally no one else was placing top 8s with kenshi

thlityoursloat

kick kick
This sounds about right.
Grandmaster Sub Zero could be top 5 if the top 3 characters and Mystic Ermac didn't exist.

Lets be serious.

Edit: You can replace Mystic with D'vorah or Kung Jin, or whoever. My point is that he has a lot of winning match ups, he just loses to the top characters and a few here or there. If he lost 3-4 of those bad matches, he'd be fucking (soap bar in my mouth). You can't play Sub vs Jax, Johnny, Jacqui, Kitana, Kotal, Liu Kang, Jason, Leatherface, Smoke, etc etc, and act like you're playing some mid or low tier character lol.
This is a point I keep bringing up, GM needs to be kept in check by characters who ignore the clone. Yes, there are characters who can seriously fuck him up when they get past the clone, but getting past the clone can be such a fucking nightmare if you don't have hitboxless limbs, look at Unstoppable Jason.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This sounds about right.

This is a point I keep bringing up, GM needs to be kept in check by characters who ignore the clone. Yes, there are characters who can seriously fuck him up when they get past the clone, but getting past the clone can be such a fucking nightmare if you don't have hitboxless limbs, look at Unstoppable Jason.
Yeah that's true. He is literally two different characters. Sometimes he is the best character in the game, sometimes he is the worst. I'm not even exaggerating at all.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think sub was mentioned bc of unbreakable, which I do believe is the worst in the game.
Fair enough. But still there is Grandmaster. Triborg can't be considered bad because of Smoke/Sektor, but Kenshi's best variation is either Possessed of Kenjutsu and they are both booty water.