What's new

Guide - Kenshi ***UPDATED 8-16-16 *** Pig of the Hut's Kenshi MU thread

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I struggle HARD against Takeda. Like. Any scrub can beat me with that character. So I'm going to pick up Kenshi just for that character.

Which variation do you think is more viable against Takeda @Pig Of The Hut ?

ando1184

Noob
So you have any idea where to start?
Because IMHO you don't need much to fix him or even break him. At least they did it for Jason...
First and foremost, I think his tracking/whiff issues need to be fixed. After that I'm sure it's just frame data improvement and priorities on things. @Pig Of The Hut do you have any specifics per variations? I only know balanced stuff so that's the only variation where my opinion extends.

E

Eldriken

@Pig Of The Hut, got some questions about the Kotal MU numbers. Just general curiosities. I haven't really played many long sets against good Kenshi players, so there may be some stuff I'm overlooking.

Balanced

Sun God 5-5 - Why is this even while Blood God wins? Do the totems make that much of a difference?
Blood God 4-6 - Same as above.
War God 4-6 - This feels pretty even to me. Kotal doesn't have an easy time getting in and really has to work to get there. Is it listed as unfavorable because of what War God can do once he gets in and gets his game going?

I can't really ask about the other two variations as I have rather limited experience against them. I would have personally listed them all as even with Balanced leaning more towards the hardest MU out of the three. But that's just my take and you know Kenshi a hell of a lot better than I do.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I agree with your list, Pig :)

My main character day one was Kenshi because he was my second character in MK9 (my main was Cyrax and my third was Liu Kang), but damn... it was too painful to use him in the first days of the game and it still is... so I looked at Liu Kang and holy shit!! Dragon's Fire was the REAL DEAL!! And some months later, Flame Fist got buffed A LOT! But Kenshi haven't received much love... :(

I hope Kenshi gets much love in the next patch.

...should not attend tournaments because you'll end up wasting time off work, $400-500 in costs to be pool fodder in the current state of the game...
I hate this attitude with a passion.

Plenty of players go to tournaments fully expecting to get 0-2'd in pools, but want to go to learn and have fun.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Against dualist I don't have to worry about the same zoning that reflect doesn't even do help with

There's no FF bs

There's no DF cancel pressure

Much easier for a shit character to deal w

I mean dude, looks at the three variations, you know these answers you're smart
I'm curious to why you think Liu is 2-8?
Kenshi has some OK options against Liu

Having a 7f d1 means that there's at least 3 points in Lius offense where Kenshi has first option of attack.

Liu Kang hates it when you have first option of attack.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think he means more going to Tournaments trying to win
@Tony at Home yea and plenty of people do marathons, 4ks, triathlons w beer guts just because they like to go and enjoy themselves

Listen and I don't know what phrase, sentence, words in the English language I need to use for people like yourself to understand this but give it a thought

I mean no disrespect but dude I have no idea how to tell you this but this is the nicest.

---THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO COMPETE TO WIN, play to win and live for competition and then there are people who go to marathons as I described above--

What do I have to freaking say to make this point self explanatory

Some people are just not wired to win or compete. Some people do not live life to lose in anything

Pig Of The Hut

I wanna re-point something out to people

"In comparison Sonic fox feels he is 8th worst"

Keep in mind .......Optimistic sonic

@Tony at Home yea and plenty of people do marathons, 4ks, triathlons w beer guts just because they like to go and enjoy themselves
So you acknowledge that both groups exist, why the not qualify the statement- instead of just saying "yeah, don't go to tournaments if you play a shitter"?

I don't see how I failed to acknowledge the existence of people who would only want to go if they had a chance at winning.

Just that there's a sub group of players (which includes myself) who would be want to go anyway and hate seeing people say they should stay home.

No disrespect dude- I honestly wouldn't nitpick the statement if low tournament participation for NRS games wasn't a problem, but it is.

Pig Of The Hut

I'm curious to why you think Liu is 2-8?
Kenshi has some OK options against Liu

Having a 7f d1 means that there's at least 3 points in Lius offense where Kenshi has first option of attack.

Liu Kang hates it when you have first option of attack.
Balanced vs DF and FF

Foxy: OH slash punish punish, bf3 3/4 screen full combo ex fly kick combo punish. Kang B1 destroys all his wake ups.

Kang can shoot fireballs full screen and punish a successful reflect or shoot another and have time to block to reflected fireball.

Sc max range punished. Kenshi backdash vs his pressure, range, offense is garbage. Sure I can Jedi d1 out and smart kangs know this will bait and blow it up. They will block and immediate go back into building a bar, chipping me and actually allowing me to check w a blocked d1 is enough time to build back stamina to rinse repeat. It's negative situation using ex sc and ex rk to get out of pressure because of threat of back 1.

Because of his ability to punish OH slash my pressure is shit. 421 , throw and b3 . There's no threat at all ever. Block and destroy balanced kenshi. Zone the shit out him force him in. Block his sc punish, whiff a bf3 and die

Possessed

Same except I do have better offense but Kang is # freaking 1 at blowing up tele gimmicks. At all times he can just freaking walk back and trip guard. His walk speed and Jaquis makes using the tele absolutely infuriating . Too bad possessed tele didn't get Mileena treatment . When we tele we are still there where we teleported from even after teleporting and take an hour to fall down allowing d2, walk back trip guard or just back punch fireball which Kang gets heavy damage and OKI off of.

Possessed bf3 is ex fly kick punish 3/4 screen

Kang can f ing run full screen if I do a low demon drop and run right through -------------->MID <--------------- bf3 and while I'm -35 on whiff I'm enjoying a tasty buffet of punches and kicks to my face because you know.........all mids should be able to be ran thru

Kenjutsu is like balanced but gives kenshi much better offense in MU. There's literally no difference except I can hit harder w kenjutsu, present more offensive threats and push is tiny bit safer but vertical range on push is ass.

Hope this helps

Pig Of The Hut

So you acknowledge that both groups exist, why the not qualify the statement- instead of just saying "yeah, don't go to tournaments if you play a shitter"?

I don't see how I failed to acknowledge the existence of people who would only want to go if they had a chance at winning.

Just that there's a sub group of players (which includes myself) who would be want to go anyway and hate seeing people say they should stay home.

No disrespect dude- I honestly wouldn't nitpick the statement if low tournament participation for NRS games wasn't a problem, but it is.
If you're a casual, don't care at all how you do and play low tier go to tournaments

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Kenshi is so bad, yet you have done more with Kenshi then any Goro player in a tournament standard. Yes, I get it Kenshi is bad but so are other characters.

HanSolo

Noob

Listen and I don't know what phrase, sentence, words in the English language I need to use for people like yourself to understand this but give it a thought

I mean no disrespect but dude I have no idea how to tell you this but this is the nicest.

---THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO COMPETE TO WIN, play to win and live for competition and then there are people who go to marathons as I described above--

What do I have to freaking say to make this point self explanatory

Some people are just not wired to win or compete. Some people do not live life to lose in anything
Okay, so are you the beer gutted marathoner or the person whose main goal is to compete and win?