What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable Nexus

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf

Hey guys! Heres my first unbreakable video. Please critique my sub! make sure im doing best combos(spoiler alert, i drop 95% of them lol) I figure if I learn sub zero maybe people will love me as much as Tom Brady ;_;
Great conversions when playing me. I especially liked the D1 anti-air into full combo punish. And those two throw techs? Damn, dude. You make me want to level up.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

Hey guys! Heres my first unbreakable video. Please critique my sub! make sure im doing best combos(spoiler alert, i drop 95% of them lol) I figure if I learn sub zero maybe people will love me as much as Tom Brady ;_;
I watched this whole video. Some tips:

1) The Aura is a special linker for the next kombo strings. This is useful for extending the combos much more. Check this video:

2) When in Aura mode always end your combos with EX Slide. Why? See this video:

3) The Parry is an AWP (Anti-Wakeup Parry), and that's what you just did, but the more you use it, the more you get anticipated by the other opponents. It also can freeze spot on some teleporters, like Scorpion, and the ALL the EX special attacks, except of the jumping ones non and ex special attacks, like Alien's Tail Whip.

4) You need work with the universal combos, because you were trying just now the 242, NJP, 242, which wouldn't work at all. After the 242, just do only one NJP, and then do either of the following:

FJP, FJP (if you know how to instant FJP and depends of the height of the juggled opponent), 1,1, 123xxSlide.
FJP, FJP (if you know how to instant FJP and depends of the height of the juggled opponent), 1,1, F12.
FJP, FJP (if you know how to instant FJP and depends of the height of the juggled opponent), 1,1, 112.
242, 123xxSlide.
242, B12xxBurst.
242, F12.
242, 112.

Sub Zero is a bit crap with the center game, but the strongest in the corner game. So there are not a lot of options used to do this. Use the knock down combos to send your opponents to the corner and keep them cornered.

5) Always end your combos with F12 and 112, for they are the knock down attacks. You'll need them to give yourself time to enable the Aura or get close and anticipate the wakeup attack to use the Parry. You want mostly the Aura for preventing the chip attacks, like you saw in the Ranked. When you blocked with Aura on you didn't get chip attack at all.

6) When he's either down or blocking, always use the F42 or B12 to create some distance or to stun him before using the Aura. When you use B12 and you see him being stunned, use the Iceball. ;)

GGs, bruh. ;)

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Vgg! I got so nervous playing you I was like oh man, I'm gonna get judged so hard lol
Lol, dude, I was thinking the same thing! Comparing our match to your video though, it definitely looks like you're learning his more optimal bnbs. I wish I could somehow transfer everything I know about him to you, as your base ability in this game is much better than mine.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

Really like the use of s1 as a stagger. The most glaring area of weakness is your combos and punishes, but thats obviously super easy to fix. Try not to cancel into regular aura on block with the exception of off f4, as it's super punishable, cancel into burst instead. I saw you use 242 a couple of times as a block string, not the best idea. Didn't see you try to mix with b33 ever, It'll help open up the b2, and you can stay safe by canceling into burst.

wsj515

6) When he's either down or blocking, always use the F42 or B12 to create some distance or to stun him before using the Aura.
This is bad advice, f42xxaura and b12xxaura are punishable. On knockdown, if you have aura up b12xxburst is ok due to knock back, without aura f4xxaura leaves you plus and can condition/mix with throw, d1, parry, b2, b33, or even b12xxburst

Tanno

This is bad advice, f42xxaura and b12xxaura are punishable. On knockdown, if you have aura up b12xxburst is ok due to knock back, without aura f4xxaura leaves you plus and can condition/mix with throw, d1, parry, b2, b33, or even b12xxburst
it's only to keep okizemeing there. The others are good moves, but they're fewer and not so much pressuring. Your goal is to force your opponent to the corner. :/

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
it's only to keep okizemeing there. The others are good moves, but they're fewer and not so much pressuring. Your goal is to force your opponent to the corner. :/
For oki I go with f42, f12, b33 or 123 but if you wanna be safe, I op with the back dash so I can bait for a free a parry or b2, or 123

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Hey guys, heres my second attempt at ranked. Please if you have time to watch let me know how i can improve! ive worked more on punishes, using B12 a bit more and some tighter links. thanks!

Don't forget about d1 parry, I noticed some poke backs and if you can block confirm 24 instead of committing to the full 242. You're pretty much nuetral I think and I like to do ex parry after it. Usually works for me but does get beat out sometimes. And if they're respecting full screen, jump back and slide. It's perfectly spaced for you to get in their face. And you can also d1, then parry if they been respecting. Jump over, back dash, f33 and f12 are also good after the side

Tanno

Hey guys, heres my second attempt at ranked. Please if you have time to watch let me know how i can improve! ive worked more on punishes, using B12 a bit more and some tighter links. thanks!

A bit more and you'll be Unbreakable Sub Zero.

Some tips:

1) Always start the match with D4xxAura, since Unbreakable doesn't have Ice Klone or Hammer to compensate with his defense. If you see those guys with weapons, like Jason and Leatherface, and fast start-up, like Kotal, just dash back/Jump Back.
2) Nice kombos there, and especially the match with KiLLtron. Didn't know that he would be in for a match with you. Here are some kombos that you need to work when someone is frozen in ground:

JIP, 242, RUN, 1, B12xxBurst (if you have the Aura on).
JIP, 242, RUN, 1, F42T (To send your opponent back to the corner you were in. The F42T is a siding switching combo string) (Note that T means "Throw").
B12xxAura, B12xxFrost Bomb, B12xxIceball, Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst. (center combo)
(With Aura on) 24xxFrost Bomb, EX Aura, B2, D1 (x2 or x3), B12xxIcy Slide. (The Icy Slide is the Unbreakable's brutality when in Aura mode).

3) You missed only the Unbreakable Brutality twice, when you had your opponents mid-air frozen. When you do the Icy Slide with Aura, redo the Aura, then do FJP, Icy Slide, and enjoy the brutality. It works even when your opponents are in air. ;)
4) In the corner, since it's Sub Zero's best game there, use either Aura or Parry to confuse your opponents. If you hear the armor sound, just do the Parry. It freezes every special attack, except of the jumping ones (like Kitana's flying ass).
5) Don't always slide, because it's a yolo move with greater minus block advantage. Use it only at combos.
6) The B33xxIceball works only to the females in all sides. It doesn't work against the males, except in the corner. For the males, use B33xxEX Iceball in center.

Have fun, and ggs! :)

Tanno

everyone except @Nu-Skoool gave bad/weird tips :/
You say that we give him bad/weird tips. How about we hear yours tips and let you know if they're weird/bad or kool/awesome? Dinky is trying to improve his gameplay there, so we're trying to give him some good tips that might help him out.

wsj515

You say that we give him bad/weird tips. How about we hear yours tips and let you know if they're weird/bad or kool/awesome? Dinky is trying to improve his gameplay there, so we're trying to give him some good tips that might help him out.
D4xxaura sure is a good play lol. And do you really have to replace every c with a k? I know this is MK, but... really.

Disclaimer - I'm not trying to be a dick, not entirely, but dink isn't the only one reading this. New players will read this, and if no one calls out stuff that people say are "tips" but are janky gimmicks (if you can even call them that sometimes), then they'll think that D4xxaura is a thing.

Last edited:

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
D4xxaura sure is a good play lol. And do you really have to replace every c with a k? I know this is MK, but... really.

Disclaimer - I'm not trying to be a dick, not entirely, but dink isn't the only one reading this. New players will read this, and if no one calls out stuff that people say are "tips" but are janky gimmicks (if you can even call them that sometimes), then they'll think that D4xxaura is a thing.
In my defense, I give tips that lean towards the habits I see in the video

wsj515

In my defense, I give tips that lean towards the habits I see in the video
Fair enough. d1xxparry is also kinda a gimmick, though there's more a time and place for it. I think of it like this - when you d1xxparry, you are betting on them blocking your d1 and counter-poking. In that case, why not just throw, or start pressure? If you read wrong, you could get full combo punished.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Fair enough. d1xxparry is also kinda a gimmick, though there's more a time and place for it. I think of it like this - when you d1xxparry, you are betting on them blocking your d1 and counter-poking. In that case, why not just throw, or start pressure? If you read wrong, you could get full combo punished.
Yeah it is pretty gimmicky but it's a good way to keep them respecting. But eventually you can just react with parry instead of special cancelling it

Unbreakable main here
What do you guys do after a blocked aura ice burst (what's your go 2)

I've been playing as unbreakable for a while now and I still can't seem to decide how he's supposed to be played. He has the potential to be a great defense character and just wait in the neutral for the perfect time to strike. He also has some great pressure that can lead to decent damage in corner. But the defense is not so good against superb zoners and pressure. And his pressure is all pretty unsafe. How do you guys think unbreakable should be played

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Unbreakable main here

I've been playing as unbreakable for a while now and I still can't seem to decide how he's supposed to be played. He has the potential to be a great defense character and just wait in the neutral for the perfect time to strike. He also has some great pressure that can lead to decent damage in corner. But the defense is not so good against superb zoners and pressure. And his pressure is all pretty unsafe. How do you guys think unbreakable should be played
Jump over 2 or 3, jump back, back dash or f4 if they're respecting

wsj515

Unbreakable main here

You have to remember that you are still negative, but there is considerable pushback, which can allow you to do things like catch people with d4 etc. Honestly a lot of your options and what you want to do after are matchup dependent.