What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable Nexus

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Neutral with pushback
Double checked it and yeah, it's negative. Reptile's EX Slide is 6 frames and UB Parry is 6 frames. After blocking Burst with Aura on, Reptile's Slide beats Parry. However, UB's EX Parry, which is 3 frames, wins. So, Burst with Aura on is slightly negative.

FYI @PND_Ketchup & @PND_Mustard for future UB commentating you do, as I know you like to provide accurate info to viewers.

Also, most strings cancelled into EX Aura, like 123, leave UB positive, as you can see here:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/updated-ex-aura-cancel-frame-data.57775/

And, @rubmytaco, you can use Parry against Thunder God's lightning strings. I know that sounds weird, but it works.

Thanks all, great set to watch, with enjoyable commentating from the condiment boys, as always =)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Double checked it and yeah, it's negative. Reptile's EX Slide is 6 frames and UB Parry is 6 frames. After blocking Burst with Aura on, Reptile's Slide beats Parry. However, UB's EX Parry, which is 3 frames, wins. So, Burst with Aura on is slightly negative.

FYI @PND_Ketchup & @PND_Mustard for future UB commentating you do, as I know you like to provide accurate info to viewers.

Also, most strings cancelled into EX Aura, like 123, leave UB positive, as you can see here:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/updated-ex-aura-cancel-frame-data.57775/

And, @rubmytaco, you can use Parry against Thunder God's lightning strings. I know that sounds weird, but it works.

Thanks all, great set to watch, with enjoyable commentating from the condiment boys, as always =)
The last part is what i found out and posted it. 16 bit said that the thunders are raiden s body extensions as a living thunder. Therefore, even if his hands arent touching the parry, his thunders do get him frozen.

Jeffrey Wolf

The last part is what i found out and posted it. 16 bit said that the thunders are raiden s body extensions as a living thunder. Therefore, even if his hands arent touching the parry, his thunders do get him frozen.
Yup. It was cool that 16 Bit responded to that.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I notice you do a really good job of stopping Raiden from spacing with lightning strings, even whiff punishing whiffed f22+4 before the 2+4 can come out. d4 and slide seem to really hamstring TG's neutral.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I notice you do a really good job of stopping Raiden from spacing with lightning strings, even whiff punishing whiffed f22+4 before the 2+4 can come out. d4 and slide seem to really hamstring TG's neutral.
Yeah Raiden can definitely have a hard time in neutral. I was trying to space him out as much as possible and it worked out alright.

@Jeffrey Wolf I honestly don't have a lot of match up experience with Unbreakable, because I tend to only play a select group of players. This set was the first time playing since I uploaded that video against Ermac and Smoke a while back, so I was a bit rusty in general. If I had known that I can parry the lightning, that would've made things a lot more interesting lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeffrey Wolf

Yeah Raiden can definitely have a hard time in neutral. I was trying to space him out as much as possible and it worked out alright.

@Jeffrey Wolf I honestly don't have a lot of match up experience with Unbreakable, because I tend to only play a select group of players. This set was the first time playing since I uploaded that video against Ermac and Smoke a while back, so I was a bit rusty in general. If I had known that I can parry the lightning, that would've made things a lot more interesting lol. Thanks for the heads up.
Sure thing. Watching you play a long set, with quality commentators, really made me see the importance of putting the opponent into blocked Burst with Aura on situations. Since, even though it's not quite neutral, the spacing is perfect for you to leverage UB's tools. It's already made a huge change to the matches I've been playing, and I'm finding him viable online again. Will post some stuff in the days to come.

Again, can't thank you and the PND boys enough!

Jeffrey Wolf

I used to use F12 a lot for the plus frames pre-patch, but yeah, I suppose it could still be used as Parry bait.

I feel like he means the F4 string though. Something I need to start using more as well.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
How would that be used in neutral? I guess it could be a good string to bait pokes and parry, but you can't special cancel, so there aren't too many options.
It good for the baits, especially if you notice they been jumping over you. Plus good pushback and a pretty nice hit box

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I used to use F12 a lot for the plus frames pre-patch, but yeah, I suppose it could still be used as Parry bait.

I feel like he means the F4 string though. Something I need to start using more as well.
The times I use f4, is either when I'm chasing them or if I more their gonna tech roll

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Because that one string that has very limited use is gonna make me unpredictable, especially in neutral.
It has alot to offer. Its safe. Free ex parry after. Free backdash. Easy to react to if they backdash (free slide) great jump bait. Walk up grab if they respect. Free f4 if they respect. Free d4, b3. S1 into overhead if they're respecting. You're overlooking it

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
It has alot to offer. Its safe. Free ex parry after. Free backdash. Easy to react to if they backdash (free slide) great jump bait. Walk up grab if they respect. Free f4 if they respect. Free d4, b3. S1 into overhead if they're respecting. You're overlooking it
The string is not bad, but you know you're up-playing something when you start saying things like free ex parry or free back dash. Not sure who's letting you f12 on block, s1, b2.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
The string is not bad, but you know you're up-playing something when you start saying things like free ex parry or free back dash. Not sure who's letting you f12 on block, s1, b2.
Okay I kinda exaggerated but when you have them respecting everything its good. Now I'm not saying throw it all the time but every now and then