What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable Nexus

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
How well does Unbreakable deal with heavy zoners? (Full Auto, Quan, HQT, etc)
I would say that he does normal well. He's fine with the ground zoners, but not with the aerial ones (Tanya, Leatherface and Alien) and the skydrop ones zoners (Quan Chi and Shinnok). The same problem he has with some teleporters (Smoke). He's fine against ground zoners (Kotal Khan, Sub Zero, Scorpion, etc), except of Full Auto, Erron Black, etc, as long as he parries all of them till he keeps closing in. Some of the EX projectiles that are double, like Kitana and Alien, do need a strict timing with the Parry to block both.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I wasn't aware it was -11 :( I'll be more careful using that.

Thank you all so much for your help! It really means a lot you are giving me so much info
Best way into regular is f4. It leaves Sub at +3.

As for 12xx aura what about whiffing the 1 and hitting meaty with 2 into aura as a wake up shenanigan? Not exactly sure what 12xx aura is on hit, so I'm not exactly sure how useful it is. Something worth labbing.
Maybe find a way to OS aura on hit and 3 on block to maintain safety?

Deakins

Twitch & Youtube: Mr Deakins
Se

Search Deakins on YouTube. He has a ton of videos, posts every day i think.
Thanks for the mention pal, hope you enjoy them

Thanks, the quality of play is a little low though...
Well we all gotta start somewhere right?
Plus the guy does say in his summary that he aint high level.

Its okay if u wanna see a typical Sub zero (jumping and sliding like a maniac XD )
I think he likes jumping and sliding like a wild man cause he done all that back in the day with MK1 & MK2, but it looks like he's having fun doing it right?
Especially when he fires up the ice aura then maniac Ex slides into them then BOOM there heads in an ice cube, gotta love the sound that makes

But that's just my opinion on that guy ;)

Nice Unbreakable Thread btw

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

I think he likes jumping and sliding like a wild man cause he done all that back in the day with MK1 & MK2, but it looks like he's having fun doing it right?
Especially when he fires up the ice aura then maniac Ex slides into them then BOOM there heads in an ice cube, gotta love the sound that makes

Just stated a fact, this was not supposed to offend you in any way. 100% sure you wouldn't jump as much without Subby's jip or slide if this move had any whiff recovery. You are using them because they are what they are, props for that I guess? ;)

BTW, do you always talk about yourself in third-person? Just curious.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

Don't take it personally, you are putting out footage of yourself which takes courage and deserves respect. Wasn't bashing you for your play, its just not useful when trying to learn a character to watch footage of someone who doesn't use the character's tools properly.

Deakins

Twitch & Youtube: Mr Deakins
Just stated a fact, this was not supposed to offend you in any way. 100% sure you wouldn't jump as much without Subby's jip or slide if this move had any whiff recovery. You are using them because they are what they are, props for that I guess? ;)

BTW, do you always talk about yourself in third-person? Just curious.
Im afraid I aint all clued up todo with recovery frames and all that stuff, I play the game the way I want to with the moves I want to and adjust from there, I don't use them cause of anything to do with there whiff recovery or as some folk may say "abuse them" because there that good.

And the third person thing was cause I was joining in with the chat about the same person yous were on about but of course the only difference is I am that guy :)

Don't take it personally, you are putting out footage of yourself which takes courage and deserves respect. Wasn't bashing you for your play, its just not useful when trying to learn a character to watch footage of someone who doesn't use the character's tools properly.
Everyones entitled to an opinion, ive already had more than my fair share of folk not liking what I do or how I do it but you cant please everyone, im using a variation I like and its just a pity more folk don't do the same and put out these videos of this character being used, as you put it, properly.
Id personally love to see someone take him and do everything right in every single matchup.

Still a nice Unbreakable thread btw ;)

wsj515

Im afraid I aint all clued up todo with recovery frames and all that stuff, I play the game the way I want to with the moves I want to and adjust from there, I don't use them cause of anything to do with there whiff recovery or as some folk may say "abuse them" because there that good.

And the third person thing was cause I was joining in with the chat about the same person yous were on about but of course the only difference is I am that guy :)

Everyones entitled to an opinion, ive already had more than my fair share of folk not liking what I do or how I do it but you cant please everyone, im using a variation I like and its just a pity more folk don't do the same and put out these videos of this character being used, as you put it, properly.
Id personally love to see someone take him and do everything right in every single matchup.

Still a nice Unbreakable thread btw ;)
I tried to commend you, at least tell us how you really feel.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Passive Aggressive

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Commend with one hand and denigrate with the other, I wont bother with a dictionary link.

Yous made some comments and I replied with some jest, best take this to private chat as I doubt moderators will want this in a good thread
just ignore it friend. ive been posting in this thread all of two weeks and every post ive seen of this dude is condescending lol hes just a dick. move along

wsj515

just ignore it friend. ive been posting in this thread all of two weeks and every post ive seen of this dude is condescending lol hes just a dick. move along
I was as polite as could be until he took my "badmouthing" his gameplay personally. As for my other posts, I guess calling out misinformation is considered being a dick these days.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
At the end of the day, we all want the same thing: to see some high level Unbreakable play. Has that happened yet? Maximum damage combos, with maximum meter build, while, most importantly, winning? Not yet. But the more we share, the better we all get. So, let's not forget the overall goal of this thread and keep it civil, please.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
ok guys heres week three of my unbreakable series! Tried to practice more of the B12 punishes and pokes into parries. Hope you enjoy :)

Fun watch, as always. A few things, if you're looking for continued advice:

1) You can see a full list of unparryable moves at the front of this thread, if you're interested. It's a ton to memorize--I haven't even yet--but when a match is queuing up, you could quickly check it. Tanno did a great job of making it easy to navigate.

2) When you've frozen the opponent in the corner, you should go for B2 combos instead of 242.

3) When you're near the corner, instead of doing 242, run, 123, you can do 242, run, 242, 123. I've found it to be consistent online.

4) Using Aura as a linker in combos will actually increase the damage not decrease, but like we've talked about here and in some other threads, getting the link online can be tough and thus potentially impractical. Of course, I realize you might have just been saying what you did about using Aura after an EX Slide Freeze, which is true.

5) After you've Parried the opponent and are jumping over them, be sure to use jumping 1. If you're still having whiff issues, walk back and then jump 1, instead of the cross over version. Of course, if you want to play it really safe, you can just go straight into 242, like a GM player, or use B22~Aura, 242 if you don't have Aura on, or B22~EX Burst, run, if you do.

6) Against Ermac, if you have Aura on, EX Slide can be a good punisher against his ground slam.

Hope these things help, and thanks for continuing to do Unbreakable vids!

wsj515

1) You can see a full list of unparryable moves at the front of this thread, if you're interested. It's a ton to memorize--I haven't even yet--but when a match is queuing up, you could quickly check it. Tanno did a great job of making it easy to navigate.
I've found the best and easiest way to memorize this list is to memorize the exceptions over the rules, like sonya's arc kick

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Fun watch, as always. A few things, if you're looking for continued advice:

2) When you've frozen the opponent in the corner, you should go for B2 combos instead of 242.

3) When you're near the corner, instead of doing 242, run, 123, you can do 242, run, 242, 123. I've found it to be consistent online.

4) Using Aura as a linker in combos will actually increase the damage not decrease, but like we've talked about here and in some other threads, getting the link online can be tough and thus potentially impractical. Of course, I realize you might have just been saying what you did about using Aura after an EX Slide Freeze, which is true.

5) After you've Parried the opponent and are jumping over them, be sure to use jumping 1. If you're still having whiff issues, walk back and then jump 1, instead of the cross over version. Of course, if you want to play it really safe, you can just go straight into 242, like a GM player, or use B22~Aura, 242 if you don't have Aura on, or B22~EX Burst, run, if you do.

6) Against Ermac, if you have Aura on, EX Slide can be a good punisher against his ground slam.

Hope these things help, and thanks for continuing to do Unbreakable vids!

Oooooo a punish to ermacs ground slam?!! Definitely labbing that! Thx dude :)

Last edited:

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I'll probably start playing again next week (Final Fantasy has been eating up all my time since Saturday) and upload some new footage. If anyone wants to play, I'm down of course. @STB Shujinkydink I don't think we've played before. Care for a set sometime?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'll probably start playing again next week (Final Fantasy has been eating up all my time since Saturday) and upload some new footage. If anyone wants to play, I'm down of course. @STB Shujinkydink I don't think we've played before. Care for a set sometime?
This game got me hyped, so I bought it and played it a bit last night.

Good luck with ours boi, Dinky. :)

T-sis

Noob
ok guys heres week three of my unbreakable series! Tried to practice more of the B12 punishes and pokes into parries. Hope you enjoy

Nice gameplay, I like the way you stagger s1 ....you should try using f4*aura b12*ice burst on block, it builds good meter...if they start respecting it you can use b2 instead of b12 ...they can punish if they expect it and react fast enough...if you have them afraid to push buttons you could also try staggering b3...Really nice gameplay thou