What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable Nexus

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I am so happy about this. I play on PC - any UB's want to teach me to SZ good? Returning player trying to find a main.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If I can figure out how to get PS4 share to work, I'll upload some tonight.
Just press 2 times the Share button to rekord, then press 2 times the same button to stop the rekord, then you're off to the Gallery folder in the PSN to copy these stuff in the USB store.

This is the only way, because if you choose to upload them right from the PSN, you won't know which is which. Happened to me when I tried to test Bloodborne's live broadcast.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Just press 2 times the Share button to rekord, then press 2 times the same button to stop the rekord, then you're off to the Gallery folder in the PSN to copy these stuff in the USB store.

This is the only way, because if you choose to upload them right from the PSN, you won't know which is which. Happened to me when I tried to test Bloodborne's live broadcast.
and on XB1 its double tap XB button, tap 1. then hold XB button. you will be in upload studio, Trim and edit it there with in system software, and upload to One Drive. then Download to PC and then upload to youtube.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Does UB counterpick Flame Fist? Flame fist is aids, maybe I'll pick him up for the counter
I think that is more about the Player, and as of now Me JEffrey and Tanno do not have Liu Kang finished yet in our unparryable moves list. So I do n ot know if he has any move that ignores his Barrier Of Frost/Ice, or if he has anything that would completely ruin him.

Unbreakable is very good now, but it could go either way. I am always doing farily good against FF. but I think its probably more of a 5-5 and if not its a 6-4 in UB favor. not a glaring Advantage I do not think.

But then again even if FF has a move that goes through Parry, UB has Aura to circumvent all chip from Fireballs. HMM

@Jeffrey Wolf , @Tanno , What do you guys think?

Unbreakable vs Flame Fist: In Favor UB/In Favor LK/ Even?

Tanno

Have played against Liu Kang as UB. That boy can parry his flameballs. This one will be useful against him. Grandmaster is useless against him, because of his fast flameballs.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Does UB counterpick Flame Fist? Flame fist is aids, maybe I'll pick him up for the counter
Well, Aura doesn't cancel the LK's Shaolin Flame/Shaolin-ferno, as I talk about here:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/living-on-a-pixel.61855/#post-2186812

So that kind of sucks. Also, Parry doesn't work against Dragon Kick or Bicycle Kick, though it does work nicely against LK pressure.

All in all, I'd say it's fairly even, or LK has slight advantage due to the above.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Well, Aura doesn't cancel the LK's Shaolin Flame/Shaolin-ferno, as I talk about here:

So that kind of sucks. Also, Parry doesn't work against Dragon Kick or Bicycle Kick, though it does work nicely against LK pressure.

All in all, I'd say it's fairly even, or LK has slight advantage due to the above.
Yep I hate Dot damage and AOE damage when in aura. Stacks and all that noise should be circumvented by Aura no Damage on block. but what can you do.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg

And guess im wrong, do you guys want to send me the last 6 or 11 characters and ill matchup with mine and finish it?
I didn't know Liu had so many that went through BOF?

Jeffrey Wolf

This is just of one match, as it was a test of recording, uploading, etc.

More to come later this week, now that I know how to do it.

Disclaimer: Definitely made some mistakes in the match, but I hope it gives an idea of how to use Parry against certain teleports, new, easier B2 combos, frame traps, and chip block strings.

EntropicByDesign

This is just of one match, as it was a test of recording, uploading, etc.

More to come later this week, now that I know how to do it.

Disclaimer: Definitely made some mistakes in the match, but I hope it gives an idea of how to use Parry against certain teleports, new, easier B2 combos, frame traps, and chip block strings.

Very very nice. I need to get in the lab and try to grind out some basic combos with him then take him into the wild, and this vid helps a lot with knowing what i need to be working on. I look forward to seeing more.

EntropicByDesign

So what is/are the main corner combos off non-overhead starters? I know the OH one(s), and Ive been fiddling with like:

Starter x ExIceBurst x NJP x b2 x d1(2-3) x 123 x Slide - 33% no aura off b33 and 37% with aura off b33. It seems super easy.. For no meter, basically the same combo just Ice Ball instead of Ice Blast, and I add a ji1 after the NJP. I cant seem to get the ji1 in consistently with Ex Ice Blast so I just leave it out if I spend the bar.. The issue is the non-metered damage is junky, at around 25% give or take.

I'm looking for consistency over raw damage. I dont want to leave too much damage on the table in the name of ease, but I do want to err on the side of reliability.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
So what is/are the main corner combos off non-overhead starters? I know the OH one(s), and Ive been fiddling with like:

Starter x ExIceBurst x NJP x b2 x d1(2-3) x 123 x Slide - 33% no aura off b33 and 37% with aura off b33. It seems super easy.. For no meter, basically the same combo just Ice Ball instead of Ice Blast, and I add a ji1 after the NJP. I cant seem to get the ji1 in consistently with Ex Ice Blast so I just leave it out if I spend the bar.. The issue is the non-metered damage is junky, at around 25% give or take.

I'm looking for consistency over raw damage. I dont want to leave too much damage on the table in the name of ease, but I do want to err on the side of reliability.
I've been saving meter to threaten armored launchers or for big conversions mid screen and off of b2 in the corner, for b33 in the corner you still get 29/30% meterless with b33xxdf2, ji2, b2, b2, d1(2-3) b12xxbf2, not sure if going for b33xxExdb1 is worth it unless going for the kill with aura up.

EntropicByDesign

I've been saving meter to threaten armored launchers or for big conversions mid screen and off of b2 in the corner, for b33 in the corner you still get 29/30% meterless with b33xxdf2, ji2, b2, b2, d1(2-3) b12xxbf2, not sure if going for b33xxExdb1 is worth it unless going for the kill with aura up.

Thank you for the info. I haven't even played UB in any real matches yet, I just came back a bit ago and have been labbing when I have time just trying to remember how to RC and try to get some basic combos down, so I appreciate the info. I will def check out the combo you posted.

What kind of midscreen stuff are you doing with meter?

Jeffrey Wolf

wsj515 has it right: Ice Ball, into B2 combos when in the corner off of any starter are usually the way to go. If you have Aura on, then you can go for the EX Burst if you want the extra damage. Midscreen, go for the combos Braindead has listed in the linked thread. Like the corner, you'll usually just want to go for EX Burst when you have Aura on or going for the kill. Otherwise, you're going to want to save it for EX Slide Punishes, EX Parry wake ups, and breakers.

Jeffrey Wolf

A few more vids. Still getting used to recording, and my play is far from perfect, but I hope they help. Some general match play:

Next, a match up against GM, because I know a lot of people have been wondering about UB vs GM. I had a really good one the other night, but it didn't get recorded, so this one will have to suffice for now. This person isn't a GM main (at least I don't think), but it should still get the general principle across:

Lastly, an example of how to build meter in some combos against an opponent who decided to AFK:

Tanno

@Jeffrey Wolf , man, you were lucky that this guy, who used Crystalline Tremor, was a scrub. I faced a similar one as GM a while ago.

I have some stuff to hint for you:

1) Aura on, when in korner, do this kombo: B2, B2, D1, D1, D1, D1, B12xxEX Slide... and end this with any ender. Found out about this when I labbed it overnight here in PC. The old one could pack only 36%. With this I found you may pack 38%+.
2) Tremor is a good zoner, if he's in the right hands. He's a bad MU for Sub Zero. Been playing with some very good Tremor mains from here TYM to learn his MUs, so I know fully well about it.

GGs! ;)

BTW, WTF is with Kitana throwing diagonal fan? Is this a new addition in her variation or what? Kitana mains, any enlightenment for your bro?