What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable Nexus

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
A few more vids. Still getting used to recording, and my play is far from perfect, but I hope they help. Some general match play:

Next, a match up against GM, because I know a lot of people have been wondering about UB vs GM. I had a really good one the other night, but it didn't get recorded, so this one will have to suffice for now. This person isn't a GM main (at least I don't think), but it should still get the general principle across:

Lastly, an example of how to build meter in some combos against an opponent who decided to AFK:

Are you on PC? We should play.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm just gonna leave this here, cool?
Some critics - you should probably review the combo thread, a lot of your combos/punishes are suboptimal. Things like raw aura'ing mid combo while the opponent is frozen are really bad and scales down damage, especially when you are just 'spending' the aura later in the combo with burst. Slide is a much better ender 99% of the time, as it puts you at much more advantage, and if you did aura up mid combo it lets you keep the aura for chip damage (dealing and mitigation) as well as better pushback on burst. You are letting a lot of people get up for free, practice throwing out meaty normals/strings on wakeup - similarly, I don't see enough unbreakable players using f4, which is such a good normal, especially as a meaty canceled into aura.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Some critics - you should probably review the combo thread, a lot of your combos/punishes are suboptimal. Things like raw aura'ing mid combo while the opponent is frozen are really bad and scales down damage, especially when you are just 'spending' the aura later in the combo with burst. Slide is a much better ender 99% of the time, as it puts you at much more advantage, and if you did aura up mid combo it lets you keep the aura for chip damage (dealing and mitigation) as well as better pushback on burst. You are letting a lot of people get up for free, practice throwing out meaty normals/strings on wakeup - similarly, I don't see enough unbreakable players using f4, which is such a good normal, especially as a meaty canceled into aura.
Ending with slide is ok, it's not the best. And what do you mean auraing up mid combo is bad and what about it keeping it? And I stopped using f4 on wake up cause they'll just sleep and punish me. As for doing it midscreen, I do it from time to time.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Ending with slide is ok, it's not the best. And what do you mean auraing up mid combo is bad and what about it keeping it? And I stopped using f4 on wake up cause they'll just sleep and punish me. As for doing it midscreen, I do it from time to time.
He means that using Aura for anything besides a link in combos is bad, since it severely cuts your damage. For example, B12~Aura, B12, etc. is good, since it's being used as a link. On the flip side, EX Slide with Aura on, and then Aura is bad, because it's not. The only reason to do the latter would be if you desperately need to build bar or you're looking to survive chip death, in which case you would want to end with Slide, not Burst, so you can keep Aura on. As for F4, to deal with delayed wakeups, I use a meaty NJP, into F4~Aura to get that very nice frame advantage. If they delay wakeup, you can still tag them after.

Jeffrey Wolf

NJK is nice too, but there's more pushback and you're not as plus, so getting the F4 follow up is much harder.

Jeffrey Wolf

It's been done, sorry if it's set up Terribly lol
Looks fine. I would just suggest you add a note to the OP inviting other UB players to add their match footage to the thread for discussion.

Edit: Link added to this OP. Going to transfer some of the match footage here over to your thread. Thanks for making it!

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

Hey guys! Heres my first unbreakable video. Please critique my sub! make sure im doing best combos(spoiler alert, i drop 95% of them lol) I figure if I learn sub zero maybe people will love me as much as Tom Brady ;_;
I didn't get to watch it fully but I do recommend ending more strings with ice burst on block and go for d1 parry on block every now and then. Other than that, looking fine. Just gonna need to play more matches