What's new

UMK3 Tournament at ECC-EVO in Stamford, CT May 25-27

Shaney

Noob
Re: hey

Dj_Eric_DarkSide said:
nice playing with you guys. i got my ass kicked today. now im on vacacion so ill be online more..see you later. good tourny shock..well try to bring more people next year...SHANNY get ready casue IM GONNA FUCK YOU UP LOL.
lol, ok but don't do DjEric when we fight, or you will lose lol :lol:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's going to take me a few days to get the vids up, I have to record them onto a DVD first and then rip them because of issues with my video hardware on my computer. I also don't have a lot of space on it so I have to put some stuff onto DVDs as well.

Looking over the list there are about 55 matches total. There would have been a lot more and the tournament would have taken twice as long had we did best of 3's for the losers bracket. Someone suggested a couple tournaments ago to do 1 win takes it for losers bracket and I think it worked out well.

TheRobzi11a said:
Just want to wish my cousin Mike (Darkviru5) good luck today...

Thnx for the vote of confidence bro :D . There were alot of good players there and it was alot of fun. I had to go b/c my freinds kept bitchen' about some barbecue and I had to kind of rush my matches, but hey you say "BBQ and Bitches" and I can't argue much lol.

It was a great to finally meet alot of you guys. Definitely a great group of ppl as well as a great group of skilled players.

On a side note did you guys hear my friend billy scream out "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!" on our way out right on the MvC2 stage lolololz!!!!. There was no way you could miss it. It was so fucking funny :!:

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
nice, looks u guys had a blast at EVO. congrats to all players, specially the winner.
are there any pics as well? I really like to see the faces behind the players :)

I noticed mach1 has only 1 post here. is he "known" in xbxla?
Shock, or anyone who attended, u gotta tell us at least which chars were used in the finals man. Can't wait to see all that footage...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are pics from the tournament, Illegal Eagle will post them.

Crazy took home a whopping $60 out of $85! lol It's cool though. We had started the tournament with 14 minus 1 players, and then 3 more signed up bringing it to 16.

There were at least 3 other UMK3 players walking around while the tournament was going on, and a few others played throughout the day.

I will get the vids up as soon as possible, I don't have enough free space on my computer to do it in one shot right now. This is what the brackets looked like essentially:

i want to share some opinions and ask some questions too...

First at all i think the same as Hanzo_hasashi, (but hey, we´re always talking about that) noone can be the best in the world until fight some top "country" players in the world, example: Ninja Grinder from Colombia (The best player in colombia ^_^) Hanzo_Hasashi and ME (RZP)From VENEZUELA <MKK TEAM> (we can´t say who´s the best in venezuela NEVER), JAX (ARIEL) the best player from chile, LEO from Argentina, Ded_ (from bulgaria) with analcount xD and others (not from USA), there are MANY, AND MANY players from others countries that play so fucking hard to call just one person the best in the world until fight them we´re thinking about to invite some colombians players to venezuela to play hard UMK3 and MKT and... Why not? make a "SMALL LATIN AMERICAN UMK3 TOURNAMENT" if our friends from others countries want to participate on this and you can trip to Venezuela go ahead we´re thinking about this dream come true in November (15th) if someone want to be raped, ejem, sorry (joke) come to Venezuela and let´s make the BIGGEST TOURNAMENT OF UMK3...Dew!
EDIT: what was the prize of the tournament?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Guys, you really gotta chill out with this "world" crap, it happens everytime someone mentions it and you both say the exact same thing. I have only seen you guys play against a very, very small group of players and only a handful of those players are impressive. You want recognition? Come to the US and play vs the best, but I don't want to see the bickering on here any more over this everytime there's a tournament.

The handful of you are very good, do I think you're as good as Lex, Moe, Thrower, Crazy? No, and this is based upon what I've seen from both. There is a specific element to their game that I have never seen in any South America videos. I know it's hard to base this on only playing vs one side, but I can at least compare what I see, and honestly, who in South America has played vs as many people as I have? Remember I've been playing since 1995, and never stopped, played on Kaillera since it was first possible, and XBL. I can't even count the number of people I've played.

Yes there were only 16 players in this tournament, but there were others there who play and didn't, and even more who weren't there that are almost always there. Another factor to point out is, this is Evo East. This a hugely recognized tournament and players from all over come to play in it. UMK3 was only a side tournament, and we were fortunate to be even allowed to play the game in the building, but the point is, you gotta be in it to win it.

Do you expect US players to fly out to a localized tournament in Venezuela that doesn't represent a fraction of the scope or degree of competition as this? Not even a tournament with players from Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, and Chile can compare to something like Evo. On a side note, Mach1, who placed second lives 1500 miles from the tournament location. Players from at least 6 states were there.

There are no points you can bring up that haven't already been said, or considered, I know exactly what there is to be said in response to this. I suggest you check out the videos, and see how Crazy makes short work of me in our matches, and then decide whether or not he deserves to be considered one of the best. If you don't think of me as much of a player, then so be it.

Don't be discouraged, but don't expect me to sit tight as you complain about the same exact thing over and over again. I want to fly you guys out here once it is possible for me to do so, I'll even try and get a translator, but the main idea is, you have to come here to be recognized, you can't just yap about it on a website, and I hope you back up all you say.

As for Frankie, I was not exactly "in it to win it", but I did try. My match with Mach1 in the losers finals is pure awful lol because I was physically exhausted from the 4 hour drive, setting up, coordinating, eating pizza, etc :wink: . I didn't even want to have to play in the tournament itself because I was supplying the main prize, the arcade stick but we had 15 players without me so it worked out where I had to play. I did MUCH better in casuals than the actual tournament, including a nasty display of Sindel flight cancel madness vs Crazy's Kitana.

mach1

Noob
hey guys had a great time at evo. i dont know how i managed to get 2nd but the main thing was we ALL had a blast and got to meet each other. I guess the 20 hours i drove paid off in a big way. The arcade stick is awesome!

mach1 said:
hey guys had a great time at evo. i dont know how i managed to get 2nd but the main thing was we ALL had a blast and got to meet each other. I guess the 20 hours i drove paid off in a big way. The arcade stick is awesome!
Congrats man, you did your work and pulled it out. I think our final match where you took 3rd, then proceeded to beat shock out for 2nd... our match was the best all night. I really think it was just the intensity that we both had. My heart was POUNDING, and it came down to one final hit and you got it first.

Practice with the stick man, get used to it!

rzp said:
i want to share some opinions and ask some questions too...

First at all i think the same as Hanzo_hasashi, (but hey, we´re always talking about that) noone can be the best in the world until fight some top "country" players in the world, example: Ninja Grinder from Colombia (The best player in colombia ^_^) Hanzo_Hasashi and ME (RZP)From VENEZUELA <MKK TEAM> (we can´t say who´s the best in venezuela NEVER), JAX (ARIEL) the best player from chile, LEO from Argentina, Ded_ (from bulgaria) with analcount xD and others (not from USA), there are MANY, AND MANY players from others countries that play so fucking hard to call just one person the best in the world until fight them we´re thinking about to invite some colombians players to venezuela to play hard UMK3 and MKT and... Why not? make a "SMALL LATIN AMERICAN UMK3 TOURNAMENT" if our friends from others countries want to participate on this and you can trip to Venezuela go ahead we´re thinking about this dream come true in November (15th) if someone want to be raped, ejem, sorry (joke) come to Venezuela and let´s make the BIGGEST TOURNAMENT OF UMK3...Dew!
EDIT: what was the prize of the tournament?
i think you guys have a legit chance of being highly regarded. someone in camp is probly top 5. you guys play everyday. hey, practice makes perfect. i thnk crazy d is so good is because he's offensive minded vs most people on this bbs are defense minded. so, i think some of you might do very well. but, i dont think your gonna get anyone from this board to roll down to vEN. or colombia or anywhere there. it would most likely have to be in the us.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Videos are going up in a matter of minutes. I'll post a more comprehensive synopsis of the characters used in what matches for the winners brackets and finals etc.

I just sent a bunch of photos to Shock, I hope he'll display them. I had the best time I didnt do as well as I thought I would but never the less, one of the best times of my life I cant wait for the next one. Congrads to Crazy
and the rest of you guys..
:)