What's new

UMK3 Tournament at ECC-EVO in Stamford, CT May 25-27

G

Yes friends. Coordinator Phi has asked to have us host a side tournament for UMK3. Details will be posted here as they are added up. For now, here is the thread on SRK talking about it:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=127989

I want at least 16 players guaranteed. I made a personal Guest list tonight and I think we can do it. Personally I think we can pull off 32 players but I'll settle for 16.

There will be a prize incentive aside from entry fee cash pot, right now I am considering it being an XBOX 360 Custom UMK3 Arcade Stick made by DreadedFist from Shoryuken.com, similar to this one as seen here:

http://www.darktemplarz.com/umk3/customstick.jpg

The biggest treat will be the chance to possibly see Lex vs Shock.

So far, the idea is to run the tournament on the 360, with wired custom 360 ready arcade sticks (not using adapters), or controllers if anyone so chooses. Most likely the UMK3 tournament will be held on Saturday and casuals all day Sunday unless there's enough people for a second tournament. The logic is to get all the people there on one day specifically for the tournament.

Spread the word to every single person you play on XBLA, all your UMK3 buddies, etc. Tell them sign ups are here. Make this the best turnout yet.

List of attending players:

1. Shock
2. kmac386
3. Frankiebonez
4. DARKVIRU5
5. Guy
6. Lord Hades
7. Dark Natas
8. Phi
9. Summoning
10. chebbs
11. RushedDown
12. cheatinasswinz
13. RSigley
14. Crazy Dominican
15. DJ Eric
16. CD's brother?
17. NKI
18. Bigger Belly
19. mach1
20. Starscream138

--------------------
This year, the ECC staff will be working together with the Evo staff to produce one of the biggest ECCs ever!

May 25-27, 2007 (Memorial Day weekend)

1 Stamford Pl
Stamford, Connecticut 06902
(203) 967-2222
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=264

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
I would really like to go to this but getting up there would be difficult unless I can fly to NYC and get a ride up there

I MIGHT be able to scoop up some random people, if you would want, but I wont know till I get a final head and car count with my crew I'm gonna roll there with.

Nice i live in
Manchester CT. Since I only have my permit i'll have to ask my parents to drive :roll: So i'll get back to you if I actually can

I'd be using 360 controller so let me know if you need me to bring any or bring my 360 or w/e.

Thier wasn't a listing for umk3?

Tournaments:
Marvel VS. Capcom 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Virtua Fighter 5
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Super Smash Bros.
Guilty Gear XX Slash
(Top 8 bypass pool play at EVO Worlds in Las Vegas, NV in August 2007)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Very nice Konqrr, we'll all be staying a hotel and it'll be two days, I think it'd be worth it for you.

I just map quested this place, its a 1/2 hour closer than the break is for me... :) maybe I'll just stay one night or just hang and leave late, come back or something. Do these tournament hotels usually sell out or will there be a room for me when I get there you think? I'm thinking since its gonna be like an hour drive might not room up and keep a few hundred in my pocket... 2 nights would be a bill or so I'm guessing, plus food and stuff.

ANYWAY, do these place usually pack out? Is it neccessary to get a room in advance you think?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Great guys, if you are definitely coming, let me know asap, and if you're bringing people who will play let me know as well. I would assume it'd be in our best interest to get hotels ASAP as well.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
there is no listing of umk3 there? If you guys are going, Ill be there put me on the list

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Basically everyone who was at the Break those two weeks will probably be there. It's not listed because it isn't an "official" tournament of course but I was asked to host it.