What's new

UMK3 Tier list discussion

WOW, but seriously we should be arguing how reptile is not better than Ermac, Nightwolf, or Robo-Smoke. Even though it's obvious...

ps if you watch moe vs thrower you'll see how many advanced tactics they use and are definetly freeking good like bend me over and rape me good

Tim Static

Adminerator
WOW, but seriously we should be arguing how reptile is not better than Ermac, Nightwolf, or Robo-Smoke. Even though it's obvious...

ps if you watch moe vs thrower you'll see how many advanced tactics they use and are definetly freeking good like bend me over and rape me good
LOL, you fucking crack me up Rallfle.:p

""WOW, but seriously we should be arguing how reptile is not better than Ermac, Nightwolf, or Robo-Smoke.""
do you know how to play with those characters?
Reptile isn't very good online. His infinite is nearly impossible to do online, therefore there's not alot of people who are good with him online. I've yet to see someone actually inf me with reptile online. The timing almost differs every match online.

This tier list is for offline, nuff said.

ded

Elder God
god.... reptile's tier place has nothing to do with his infinite, seems i got the answer for my question

god.... reptile's tier place has nothing to do with his infinite, seems i got the answer for my question
I guess I mislead you. I was saying that Reptile's inf is hard to do online. It's soo much easier offline, it's like playing different characters. I didn't say anything about how his infinite makes him where he is on the tier list. But you can't say his tier place has nothing to do with his infinite. He wouldn't be in the same place if he didn't have the infinite. And what you said makes ROFL point stronger. Reptile couldn't compete with Ermac, or Nightwolf if he didn't have the infinite.

ded

Elder God
I guess I mislead you. I was saying that Reptile's inf is hard to do online. It's soo much easier offline, it's like playing different characters. I didn't say anything about how his infinite makes him where he is on the tier list. But you can't say his tier place has nothing to do with his infinite. He wouldn't be in the same place if he didn't have the infinite. And what you said makes ROFL point stronger. Reptile couldn't compete with Ermac, or Nightwolf if he didn't have the infinite.
its useless. i left you guys to post whatever you want to believe in. i will not post in this thread about those stuff anymore.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
On:

Lao is not top 3, Mileena is not bottom last.
Lao is definitely top 5, and I agree that Mileena is underrated. My list has changed quite a bit after time. I won't be on the Reptile point too much, as some people seem sensitive about it...Phoenix is correct. Without the inf (or capabilities alone) Rep's potential would dramatically shrink. He's hindered enough against teleporters, and easier to juggle as a male ninja. He does, however, have the best and quickest zoning and this reason alone makes Reptile dangerous, but not top 5. Don't know why it's so hard to accept that Reptile is not as good as a handful of other characters. If someone has a legit argument then come forward and don't throw fits. It's just a discussion and we're all adults here.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Next time someone posts irrelevant things in this thread and bickers gets an infraction.

Heated discussion about tier placement is fine, but disrespecting someone for their opinion and trolling is not.

This ends now!

do you know how to play with those characters?
I know how to play those characters (def not pro) and I def think they have a hell of a lot better rush down than reptile. Ermac and Robo-Smoke can both play hella defense if they want as well. Ded your reptile is a one of a kind even shock's is effing horrible compared to it so I'm sure your personal placement for him is different. I thought tiers also reflected easiness to learn. Reptile has different timings for the same 50% combo on diff characters and relies too much on your opponent making mistakes. Reptile has too many counter picks and suffers because of it. But this doesn't really matter because reptile is a sensitive subject and I just think those 3 other character face up better with the other chars including reptile

ded

Elder God
Ermac and Robo-Smoke can both play hella defense if they want as well.
you said it. they are defensive. once a good rush with reptile starts its a nightmare. also if he plays defensivly its the best zonning in the game. add invisible to that and the opp is forced to attack. counter the attack, get 50% and repeat...

just 1 example of the many things you can do.

in a confontation between night and rep, i'd give it to nightwolf unless the reptile player is better than nightwolf's one.

Robot-Smoke can be hell of an offense too plus he has an amazing air throw plus invisibility. You can cross up a reptile player, but not a smoke one. Plus I know reptile has just as many endless mix ups as Robot-Smoke I just see smoke doing it a hell of a lot better, and I love robots double run jabs. I can see where Ermac is way more defense than offense due only around 40ish % off a knee, but thats were you force mistakes watch their run bar because if you hit them with any of his easy punishers it's over.

I definitely think all of these characters are right next to each other on the tier list maybe fractions apart but I just see reptile faltering, especially if the reptile player was playing against them on a stick in an arcade on a cab I just do not see all the reptile combos becoming consistent

ded

Elder God
its way more harder to crossover reptile than rsmoke (except with few characters). you have the slide and the elbow dash + the specific male ninjas d. hks

I can see the dash becoming a nuisance there but the air throw sets up a pretty much free opportunity to turn invisible. Off to work I'll be back later though nice to have a non-heated discussion about tiers.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
its way more harder to crossover reptile than rsmoke (except with few characters). you have the slide and the elbow dash + the specific male ninjas d. hks
air throw, spear, teleport punch > elbow dash, blockable slide, dangerous forceball

I still have Robo in my top 5, too easy to be lethal. All obviously IMO. Thanks for re-entering the convo ded.

ded

Elder God
air throw, spear, teleport punch > elbow dash, blockable slide, dangerous forceball

I still have Robo in my top 5, too easy to be lethal. All obviously IMO. Thanks for re-entering the convo ded.
well i guess you should learn how to use them then ;)