What's new

UMK3-MKT Combo Videos - UMK3 Infinito

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh my...that was sick, I think I'm gonna............throw away my N64 MKT! hahahahaha!

Derek

Noob
I'd like to take this time to say, seriously, what the hell? That was so sick. That is so many kinds of wrong I don't even know were to start. GJ guys.

MKK hanzo

I have some more. maybe i can upload a few. (4 lex Vs drones, and the MWC2k4 matches. thrower, moe,jhonny cakes, juicy G, and others) I love how he plays too. But i'd say he's the best in america. when I see him Vs shock, selpex, HanzoHasashi, RZP and the rest of cool players i could tell who's the best.
Agree, and as Ninja_G says he can be the BEST of America nad should not be called anything else until he plays the best from each country that has an MK comunity. We have to remember also that we have some good players very close to us Ninja_G, the ones from Chile. Jax(Ariel) he´s very good. I will love to see him posting here if it werent for the english language barrier...

An idea popped out of my head by reading this and it would be very good to see a "tier" list of the best know players of each country, of course based on tournaments results and casual stuff. Of course In a personal opinion I think that online gameplay should be left out of this because no matter what anyone says itsnt serious versus competition thanks to issues like lag, controller, etc.

BTW expect Venezuela´s best to travel to Colombia sometime next year and fight at UMK3 and MKT. Chilean players offered themselves to travel there if we managed to do it too. It can be one of the biggest MK tourneys in history if not the biggest.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Remember when UMK3 and MKII were being played upon release the tournaments were far bigger than anything that could possibly be done today.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I think he means *BIG* for the traveling conditions....it's not gonna be an official torny, so it's fan-made and we're talking about players from Colombia,Venezuela and possibly Chile gathering for a massive tournament...what could be *bigger* than that? how cool would that be??? OMG if that happens, I think I can die in peace (or in pieces, I think Vzla players would rape me :( lol )

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It is similar to people coming from Chicago, NJ, NY, PA, Florida, Ohio, Virginia etc, in terms of overall traveling distance unless you're talking to southern tip of Chile.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Venezuela players also have met other citie's mk players, and they have done several tournaments, it's safe and easy to travel in your own country Shock...I wasn't talking about traveling distances. I said traveling conditions. I bet it's a lot easier for you guys to travel between states an all...I guess almost everybody there has a car, so in the worst case, it would be an, I don't know 10 hour driving? plz correct me. BUT, in our case, here cars are so expensive and we're talking about different countries here. It's not easy at all. there's police issues (as in any other country, they're not expecting you with a :D face, "come on in, son") there's plenty of social problems and country-especific discrimination, etc, etc...
sorry we're missing the point here. In other news, (concercing vidz lol) I'm working hard in my snes vid with a couple of guys, so keep your eyes peeled...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A lot of US states are the size of countries, obviously not the size of Brazil or Argentina, but like Paraguay, Uraguay and even Bolivia and Venezuela. I think Chicago is 12 hours from here, Florida is an entire day trip via car, 2 hours by plane.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have been outside the US, but not for MK. I know what he's talking about, driving through the desert and the Andes must not be a fun thing, and I'm sure getting across the border isn't either, but in terms of scope, it wouldn't be overly recognized by anyone really. They are going to need to full coverage and post it on boards with eyes from all over the world, and I am more than willing to help push for them.

Think about ECCX, random people still talk about it and tell me they saw vids of it and that the matches are amazing. It's because people know who the players are and most of the fan base is here, in the US, with a handful of other countries who have a significant following. Remember, it's an American game, Midway Headquarters is in Chicago.

Didn't ECCX have the best turnout of since the 90s? Its suprising how many well known players were there.

By the way, Midway HQ moved to L.A.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Agree, and as Ninja_G says he can be the BEST of America nad should not be called anything else until he plays the best from each country that has an MK comunity. We have to remember also that we have some good players very close to us Ninja_G, the ones from Chile. Jax(Ariel) he´s very good. I will love to see him posting here if it werent for the english language barrier...

An idea popped out of my head by reading this and it would be very good to see a "tier" list of the best know players of each country, of course based on tournaments results and casual stuff. Of course In a personal opinion I think that online gameplay should be left out of this because no matter what anyone says itsnt serious versus competition thanks to issues like lag, controller, etc.
Hanzo said something good and hae to be rewritted, first the thing about the best of the world " Agree, and as Ninja_G says he can be the BEST of America nad should not be called anything else until he plays the best from each country that has an MK comunity. " like he said, how could anyone know who´s the best of the world without have some matchs against others ( from other countries), not talking about just US, maybe he´s the best in the US, but can´t be the best of the world, i saw Lexibition ( please someone help me how to spell this tittle, sorry about it), and is not the biggest thing, im not going to offense anybody, just giving to this forums my opinion ( and the mk comunity) my opinion is the same than Hanzo_Hasashi, off course will be really hard to know who´s the best in the world until we can´t fight cuz have distances problems ^_^... and we can´t play on "XBLA" or something, (you know " damm that was for the lag, or my mom disconnect my controller") or something like that, so we all know this..
About the "Tier" list, that´s a awesome idea, i like it, really cool idea...

BTw, Shock man, when you´ll upload all the news kombo videos?, now you have two new videos UMK3 Deastation, and now the most sickess video... MKT BROKEN 3 ( Very short, but really cool stuff, i like it the MKT BROKEN TRILOGY haha ^_^)... Dew!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They will be added to the combo videos page asap. As for the best players in the world, XBLA's very top is a good picture of that, there are many players from all over the world. 38,000 people have participated in ranked matches and even though there is lag at times, and the controller is bad, the players we've said all along who are the best, are in fact there at the top. If there are players better, the number is literally in the single digits, so with that being said, they are still among the best in the world. I can say from my personal experience that no one has ever challenged me to the level of Lex Moe and Thrower and I played them in person, at an arcade machine. The only way I could be wrong is if you consider me anything less than a competitive player.

I agree with the top 3 but what about ded? I think he might be the best outside of the US. His vids are badass and he definately has a great knowledge of the game.

rzp said:
MKK hanzo_hasashi said:

Hanzo said something good and hae to be rewritted, first the thing about the best of the world " Agree, and as Ninja_G says he can be the BEST of America nad should not be called anything else until he plays the best from each country that has an MK comunity. " like he said, how could anyone know who´s the best of the world without have some matchs against others ( from other countries), not talking about just US, maybe he´s the best in the US, but can´t be the best of the world, i saw Lexibition ( please someone help me how to spell this tittle, sorry about it), and is not the biggest thing, im not going to offense anybody, just giving to this forums my opinion ( and the mk comunity) my opinion is the same than Hanzo_Hasashi, off course will be really hard to know who´s the best in the world until we can´t fight cuz have distances problems ^_^... and we can´t play on "XBLA" or something, (you know " damm that was for the lag, or my mom disconnect my controller") or something like that, so we all know this..
About the "Tier" list, that´s a awesome idea, i like it, really cool idea...

BTw, Shock man, when you´ll upload all the news kombo videos?, now you have two new videos UMK3 Deastation, and now the most sickess video... MKT BROKEN 3 ( Very short, but really cool stuff, i like it the MKT BROKEN TRILOGY haha ^_^)... Dew!

You don't understand Lex was playing moe30w who is number 1 on xbla or was. Plus i haven't seen any competitive matches from you guys that were anything special. Please post more if you have some.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's been a while, I can't remember if I got a link to the match vids you guys wanted posted on the site or not. Way too much going on right now to keep track, RZP, if you can PM me some links to matches I'll make sure I have them DLed and UL them to the site immediately now that I have a bit of a clear head.

As for ded_, I would say he is the best player outside of the US and better than most US players.