What's new

UMK3-MKT Combo Videos - UMK3 Infinito

agent007 said:
Ah a typical who's best in the world. If you're really passionate about this then maybe you should participate in the next tourney. Here's a suggestion buy a 360 and see how well you'll do. Till then you don't stand a chance. No one on this site is better than Lex and that's final. Shock, Thrower and moe only stand a chance.
uh, i see, do you want to say "who´s the best" with just a xbox 360? maybe you want to say is who´s the best in xbox 360, and not in arcade, what im talkin´ about... the net games will never be a good "brigde" to play in tourneys with the true level, cus there will be the same shit as well... like "i lost cus my sister push the lk button when i was in the ermac´s kombo"... or "i lost cus my internet conection suck", " i was drinking a soda" " uh shit my dog is eating my control"... there are many shits thing that everybody know in the net games... why if here many players that like to play umk3, from others countries don´t play in mame, zblattle, xbox 360, at the same "party"?... the answer is simple... the netgames sucks, maybe someday a good fucking server will be on, till that day, the tourney of "the best of the best" will just be a dream... so sad this but is the truth...

rzp said:
agent007 said:
Ah a typical who's best in the world. If you're really passionate about this then maybe you should participate in the next tourney. Here's a suggestion buy a 360 and see how well you'll do. Till then you don't stand a chance. No one on this site is better than Lex and that's final. Shock, Thrower and moe only stand a chance.
uh, i see, do you want to say "who´s the best" with just a xbox 360? maybe you want to say is who´s the best in xbox 360, and not in arcade, what im talkin´ about... the net games will never be a good "brigde" to play in tourneys with the true level, cus there will be the same shit as well... like "i lost cus my sister push the lk button when i was in the ermac´s kombo"... or "i lost cus my internet conection suck", " i was drinking a soda" " uh shit my dog is eating my control"... there are many shits thing that everybody know in the net games... why if here many players that like to play umk3, from others countries don´t play in mame, zblattle, xbox 360, at the same "party"?... the answer is simple... the netgames sucks, maybe someday a good fucking server will be on, till that day, the tourney of "the best of the best" will just be a dream... so sad this but is the truth...
Just a game. Relax and enjoy. For the record on rank matches. I'm 1-4 against shock, 2-2 against lex...I don't know who thrower is nor played him and I have not played the recent moe. I've only use R smoke against shock once and lost during my comeback. I only use R smoke against Lex (R. smoke is my best). I'm on a 2 game winning streak against lex but if you look at our non-ranked game...he kicked my ass but we randomned. I'm getting there lex but I'll never be like I used to. I'm old and slow now. I need my Mountain Dew syrup and a quick fix of Redbull to be half the player I used to be. + playing at 11pm-5am isn't the ideal time.

Rzp has a point. The only way to true tourney is for everyone to play on same machine whichever it may be, given everyone can use it(mame, xbox360 or arcade). Rzp, didn't you recently win that ps2?? sell that shit, put in a few more clams and join the xbl umk3 party. There is a big community of players and you're missing out.

-free

Enigma

Noob
I'm proud to say I (USub-Zero) beat Lexcellent (Stryker) one time in ranked. It'll probably never happen again though :)

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
horsemen said:
Rzp, didn't you recently win that ps2?? sell that shit, put in a few more clams and join the xbl umk3 party. There is a big community of players and you're missing out.

-free
no, he didn't win that ps2. It was Ariel "JAX" from Chile. keep in mind rzp is in south america, same as me. we will never experience a decent netplay against anyone who isn't in south america :S that's why he calls that a dream. Hopefully someday this year Venezuela players and me(perhaps others from Colombia, if they not chicken out lol) can gather for a torny, casuals, whatever. we just want to meet each other and play some arcade umk3. oh, maybe some n64 mkt too! XD

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
this kinda stuff gets discussed way too much

if you want to call the best player a winner of a global tournament, so be it. we will probably never see it. theres still downsides to typical tourney play such as players standing at the same cabinet, noise, sub-par controls, etc.

wavenet's setup was the best setup so far to push the game to is limit and beyond. heres why:

1. skilled players from the MK field test area on one network
2. random player matching (you had 20 seconds to come up with a gameplan)
3. lag free (maybe 5ms lag at worse)
4. properly maintained STOCK machines
5. player wasn't standing next to you (all reactions were visual)

you put all of those together for 2-3 years and you could find the best player in the world.

good luck recreating that.

ive said this before and will say it again:

wavenet had the best players. there was no single best player because everyone kept getting countered. we all had our big monthy win streaks and we all had our downtimes. it was all about progression and evolution between multiple players, not a bunch of lesser players fighting one guy - thats not how it works. umk3 on XBL is littered with enough problems to cater to casual play and thats about it.

edits: english

lex said:
this kinda stuff gets discussed way too much

if you want to call the best player a winner of a global tournament, so be it. we will probably never see it. theres still downsides to typical tourney play such as players standing at the same cabinet, noise, sub-par controls, etc.

wavenet's setup was the best setup so far to push the game to is limit and beyond. heres why:

1. skilled players from the MK field test area on one network
2. random player matching (you had 20 seconds to come up with a gameplan)
3. lag free (maybe 5ms lag at worse)
4. properly maintained STOCK machines
5. player wasn't standing next to you (all reactions were visual)

you put all of those together for 2-3 years and you could find the best player in the world.

good luck recreating that.

ive said this before and will say it again:

wavenet had the best players. there was no single best player because everyone kept getting countered. we all had our big monthy win streaks and we all had our downtimes. it was all about progression and evolution between multiple players, not a bunch of lesser players fighting one guy - thats not how it works. umk3 on XBL is littered with enough problems to cater to casual play and thats about it.

edits: english
We kept the game alive for another 2+ years. I cried and dropped to my knees out of shock when I showed up to work and find some bullshit self-picture shit in umk3 wavenet spot. I specifically strolled around Diversions maybe 5 times looking for that machine and then Clayton told me it was gone. I still have the wavenet electronic marquee Midway guys gave me. Think I can get 50 bux outta that on ebay and couple hundreds from you guys at umk3.com :)

How true on duplicating it. Simply no way unless the world is one huge unlimited Inet and all of us have an umk3 machine hooked up on super wavenet in our basement. 80-90 percent of us would live with our parents for the rest of our pathetic lives living off spam and water.

i don´t know where you get that idea that i won a ps2:S first at all try read and then talk... no ofenses but when i talk with a solid thing as you pretend to do, i have to read first... i don´t give a fuck to buy a xbox 360, this machine it´s just wonderfull to all american peoples ( maybe from others countries, but not at all) like here in Venezuela, we have a REALLY sad network service company, and even the best server in the world ( like the xbox 360) have lag here... i say it again, i don´t want to sound ofensive, but everybody know this, ok lex, you have some right... but why don´t we could dream about it? i mean have a tornament, not to fight to see who´s the best, just to meet each others and have fun... see new skill in every fighter i don´t know why it´s always have a bad day, bad things, bad think about this...it´s just a big thing, and good off course... but there´s always a person that it say "hey, "XXX" it´s the best in the world...wtf? who´s care how could you know this?...noway!...dew!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have said before if it ever becomes possible I will fly players out here for tournaments.

horsemen said:
I still have the wavenet electronic marquee Midway guys gave me.

LOL they gave me the same sign and its sitting in my closet. Im waiting for the day I have enough room for a cabinet and I will put it on top for memories.

rzp said:
i don´t know where you get that idea that i won a ps2:S first at all try read and then talk... no ofenses but when i talk with a solid thing as you pretend to do, i have to read first... i don´t give a fuck to buy a xbox 360, this machine it´s just wonderfull to all american peoples ( maybe from others countries, but not at all) like here in Venezuela, we have a REALLY sad network service company, and even the best server in the world ( like the xbox 360) have lag here... i say it again, i don´t want to sound ofensive, but everybody know this, ok lex, you have some right... but why don´t we could dream about it? i mean have a tornament, not to fight to see who´s the best, just to meet each others and have fun... see new skill in every fighter i don´t know why it´s always have a bad day, bad things, bad think about this...it´s just a big thing, and good off course... but there´s always a person that it say "hey, "XXX" it´s the best in the world...wtf? who´s care how could you know this?...noway!...dew!
Listen kiddo, Ninja already corrected my mistake. I just remembered skimming thru a tourney with a grand prize of ps2 and remembering some shit about a loud tourney where rzp won. I must have thought they were the same. Obviously I was mistaken and ninja corrected me.

pretend??I'm not sure what you meant by that but I'm one of the first Chicagoans to play test mk3 and ultimately umk3. This is before lex, moe, wavenet and whoever bumblefuck that came along. Before me, guys like Colt, Ray, Eddie Ferrier, KingBizhop, Juan, couple Korean mofos as well as a 9 year old kid under name of Lil Irv. were hardcore mk players. Pay close attention readers, some are on xbl now.

Then you babbled about bad connections. Sucks oh well. As for buying an xbox360, I'm unsure who you're referring to, Agent or me. Then you changed subject and diverted to Lex which I will let him speak for himself. In the end, you went back to me with dew. Dew is good. I like Dew. Shit is sweet as hell and my blood sugar is prolly off the chart.

Lex

yeah beacause random fights with your friends, kaillera, and xbox360 got you there..........

ded

Elder God
playing in kaillera with 2ms against someone who has under 5ms on LAN is like playing offline

NinjaGrinder

I wanna see ACTUAL matches between Moe, Lex, Thrower, Shock. why don't u guys record something on xbxla? I'd like to see also CD playing his famous NW.

Lex

because videos dont mean shit other than for entertainment value or trolling material for opportunists.

ded

Elder God
what the fuck do you want me to post? "i suck at this game?" or shit like this, that will never happen, i never speculate with the combo vids but i'm sure if someone else was involved he will

NinjaGrinder

then please:
entertain ME! I'm not a troll, nor opportunist. I just want to see some recent material. :wink:

Lex

ded_ said:
what the fuck do you want me to post? "i suck at this game?" or shit like this, that will never happen, i never speculate with the combo vids but i'm sure if someone else was involved he will
you seem to be judging a lot in this thread alone.

just get over it and have fun with the game.

Lex

NinjaGrinder said:
then please:
entertain ME! I'm not a troll, nor opportunist. I just want to see some recent material. :wink:
whats the difference between recent and previous material?

ded

Elder God
lex said:
ded_ said:
you seem to be judging a lot in this thread alone.

just get over it and have fun with the game.
i'm not trying to prove anything but overall yeah all i want from this game is to have fun with it

NinjaGrinder

lex said:
NinjaGrinder said:
then please:
hmmm what about I HAVENT SEEN IT? the previous is old. I just want to see NEW stuff. when I see some RECENT matches of chi guys, I could tell you what's the real difference. But since vids don't mean shit to you, I guess you're not willing to show some more, so why bother asking me questions?

Lex

NinjaGrinder said:
lex said:
NinjaGrinder said:
then please:
hmmm what about I HAVENT SEEN IT? the previous is old. I just want to see NEW stuff. when I see some RECENT matches of chi guys, I could tell you what's the real difference. But since vids don't mean shit to you, I guess you're not willing to show some more, so why bother asking me questions?
so you want to watch some vids and give us some tips or something?

i still dont get it

NinjaGrinder

yeah u still don't get that the only thing I want is to watch some fresh, new matches of u guys. I never said (or implied) I wanted to give u tips, omg....