What's new

UMK3 for the Nintendo DS

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Can't be that picky man, but I'm glad someone else besides me likes the motor kombat more then MKD's modes, well the chess IMO was silly and all whoever owned the two squares and remembered the invisible bombs on certain spots. If you did that, were average or a bit above fighting you won.

The puzzle was fun, Motor Kombat in MKA was awesome and online 8 players up to was intense hehe.

Give it time, you might see it in the next MK for DS maybe it'll have MK4 and Motor Kombat or something. You never know... :wink:

MKK hanzo

New trailer is up IF THIS IS A MOCKUP THEN THE HELL WITH THEM!!! If not.... damn is arcade perfect!!!... But I got the bad feeling of ...It being the sega saturn port or an UMK3 with n64 gravity and also it seems faster than UMK3 arc...:

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/881/881594/vids_1.html

EDIT: After watching it couple of times, I noticed that the CPU has no PRESS START comment over its life bar. That leads to think that its actually footage of a version that doesnt allow join in in 1p mode. Could it be REAL UMKDS footage? Lets hope it is!

MKK hanzo

Hammer you re fine, dont worry about the online stuff, all DS versions have Wi Fi connection. Just stick with it. I have an old DS too and I like it a bit more than the lite. May be for the bigger pad.

MKK hanzo

More news.... and they are GOOD! Hell im too hyped! Hopes for button config...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/812/812234p1.html

EDIT: Im REALLY worried about a button config in this version. Anyone in contact with midway or with their adress or email Please lets BOMB them with mails concerning button mapping.

Ign states:

Though the game is still being worked on in preparation for its November release in the US, the version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat that made its way into our systems was pretty darn solid.
Well, knowing Midway they can leave it just like that and sit on a chair to wait for its release and not polish anything else (PS2 MKA premium).

BUTTON CONFIGGGG!!!! :evil:

G

IGN gets a look at UMK for the DS

Thanks to the ever vigilante MKK hanzo_hasashi for pointing out some recent updates on UMK for the DS on IGN.

They are running a story on a little bit of hands on time they've spent with the game. And the initial reactions seem quite positive. Also, check out the video section there for a new video that might actually show gameplay on the DS.

Good find, good news, GG.

The 4 character thing is when you play a Local game with a friend who doesnt have the game but a DS, he than can download some data from your game to the temporary memory of his DS and play it.
Because the temporary memory of the DS is limited it only fits 4 fighters and 1 background I guess.

That option is called "Download Play" and many other games have it too.

I am really excited about UMK3 for the DS, this could maybe the biggest revival of UMK3 ever.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Hammer you re fine, dont worry about the online stuff, all DS versions have Wi Fi connection. Just stick with it. I have an old DS too and I like it a bit more than the lite. May be for the bigger pad.
Ok, good. :p

MKF30

Great news!! Good update MKK, btw dude I wouldn't worry as much about the button thing, based on the article every button is perfectly mapped identical to the arcade, HP, HK, LK etc.

I don't see the big deal personally, don't worry about it man.

After seeing the new trailer it looks arcade perfect, soundwise, gameplay wise etc.

Guarantee the only reason you can pick 4 guys and one stage with the two player on one download multiplayer is because of the puzzle mode.

They didn't say anything about that mode though lol, I'm sure you'll be able to play that mode no problem.

This game will sell BIGtime for 3 reasons.

A.You have the diehard oldschool UMK3 fans

B.You have the MKD puzzle kombat fanatics, trust me I've played that online via xbox when it was hot there were tons of people online on that mode.

C.It's the first awesome and real fighter for the DS or hell, even portable market period!

D.It's online, so that will make anyones day that has wifi access :D

This game is going to own!! I can't wait, I'm going to buy a DS lite so I can play both of my DS's online, the classic and the lite. I'll stick to the one I do better on. You see after playing with it the other day pretending to do some MK moves, I find the lite has better button layout, the classic feels good but more flat, the lite feels more 3D easier to do moves.

Now, the D-pad however I seem to like more on the classic as oppose to the lite, so I wish I could take the D-pad of the classic and combine it with the lite's buttons lol. But I'll be alright since by that time I'll have both :)

MKK hanzo

Great news!! Good update MKK, btw dude I wouldn't worry as much about the button thing, based on the article every button is perfectly mapped identical to the arcade, HP, HK, LK etc.
No man I m referring to the L and R Block and Run settings. I mean, I play better like the default XBX 360 settings (R block, L run) but MOST ppl play the oposite.

MKF30

Ohh I see what you're saying, I'm sure there will be an option or something.

BTW, I play the same way block (Right trigger), Run(left Trigger) wow someone else out there likes that same configuration :) nice

MKK hanzo

IGN ppl tried UMK for NDS at Leipzig Games Convention... I find STUPID that they didnt have 2 NDS at hand to test Wi fi and local wireless...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/815/815112p1.html

EDIT: Happy to read that there are no dual screen or touch functions that hampers what could be the really ULTIMATE umk version (no pun intended).

Portable, arcade accurate, wireless and wifi UMK3... What else could I ask for?

EDIT 2: gamespot is also running a story about it:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/ultimatemortalkombat/news.html?sid=6177336&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;1

They have 3 differents pics than IGN. Is worth checking the game selection menu pic :D

Also:

"By default, punch buttons have been mapped to the X and A buttons, with kicks on Y and B, and block on the right shoulder button. "
This should scare or dissapoint some players. There is still hope because they say "By DEFAULT...". Come on midway! Its just a stupid menu for button config!!