What's new

UMK3 for the Nintendo DS

According to Mortal Kombat Online, they are porting UMK3 to the Nintendo DS. The game will have both online play and leaderboards!

It doesn't say whether this is an arcade port or (what I figure to be) a port of the SNES version.

Yay now I can have another DS game.

1. Pokemon (Pearl) (J/k)
2. Mario Kart

Now umk3 portable? yesss I can play umk3 anywhere I go.... (restroom)

It's nice that it has a leader board... now I have to takle my way up to no.1 in the NINTENDO DS!

:)

This is awesome news!!
Why are you not excited lol.
Seriously, because it will be a port they maybe change something about the gameplay or balancing, even if not it would kick ass.

Its friggin UMK3 Online wireless portable!!!! Eat your pants now!!!

@ Scheisse, yes I have a G6 Lite with Passme3, you really dont need to buy DS games to play them :wink:

This will be awesome!

Also, I think you can buy a device to plug into the USB port on your computer that will essentially let the broadband connection become wireless and let you play your DS games online.

I really have been waiting for this...

And it sounds like the people handing the port are the ones who did the Xbox Live job.

GREAT STUFF!!!

tomle

Noob
Personally i love the d-pad on DS.

I play so much Bleach (fighting 2d games) and every move , combo work so fine !

Hope no lag for umk3 DS and pratice mode.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
I think it is scientifically impossible for this to control worse than the 360 d-pad so this is good news.

It'll be especially sweet if they tweak the AI somehow. Usually when I play my DS, there isn't a compatible WiFi connection in the area. I have the WiFi adaptor at home, but if I'm at home I may as well be playing it on XBLA. A worthwhile single player experience sure would be nice for those lunch breaks at work.

dreemernj

Ambassador
stahan said:
I came upon this trailer today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZdtfEZywr8

Hopefully the d-pad on this works better than the 360's d-pad.
That footage is of UMK3 for SNES it looks like. I really hope they just hacked existing footage onto a DS and released this and that isn't actually how the game will look.

If it's the SNES version then there's no reason to get excited over it :-/

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
dreemernj said:
That footage is of UMK3 for SNES it looks like. I really hope they just hacked existing footage onto a DS and released this and that isn't actually how the game will look.

Twenty-three seconds into the video, look closely... Reptile vs. Jax, with the names INSIDE the power bars (all the other clips had the names underneath the bars). It looks like they're taking unrelated footage from different ports and just throwing them together for this trailer. I doubt they even have the game running on DS yet.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
BustaUppa said:
dreemernj said:

Twenty-three seconds into the video, look closely... Reptile vs. Jax, with the names INSIDE the power bars (all the other clips had the names underneath the bars). It looks like they're taking unrelated footage from different ports and just throwing them together for this trailer. I doubt they even have the game running on DS yet.
That clip of Reptile and Jax is from Genesis (if anything you can tell by the explosion). The sound effects are planted, but somewhat random, and there's SNES sounds thrown in. I think it's all part of some kind of big anticipatroy joke or something, they do dumb shit like this all the time.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ha! We don't even know what port it's going to be! It would be fantastic if they just put all the ports of UMK3 on to mess around with. I love how Rain is shown.

Shock said:
Ha! We don't even know what port it's going to be! It would be fantastic if they just put all the ports of UMK3 on to mess around with. I love how Rain is shown.
They said it was Arcade port already, but it would be funny if it was randomly different ports. 1 match is arcade port, next would be SNES port. This looks interesting.

ded

Elder God
i remember mat2 trailers, they used mkt psx and mk3 beta footage, so i guess it will be arcade version of umk3 after all