What's new

UMK3 for the Nintendo DS

i want to buy it too xD i got some friend that love to play NINTENDO DS with WIFI mode but they like to play just Mario Kart DS... but i want to do the same but playing UMK3,

A another question: Is Boon thinking to show any new footage at the E3? there are some rumors, but at the end of this day they didn´t say anything :cry:

dreemernj

Ambassador
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
whats the diffrence with snes and arcade?
SNES UMK3 has lower quality graphics and sound, it's missing Sheeva, it's gameplay is incredibly broken, and it has Noob and Rain as playable characters. Also, it has brutalities.

Basically the game plays horribly. Tons more infs, a lot of really abuseable glitches and missing move properties.

dreemernj said:
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
whats the diffrence with snes and arcade?
SNES UMK3 has lower quality graphics and sound, it's missing Sheeva, it's gameplay is incredibly broken, and it has Noob and Rain as playable characters. Also, it has brutalities.

Basically the game plays horribly. Tons more infs, a lot of really abuseable glitches and missing move properties.
oooooooooooooo thanks u

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
rzp said:
i want to buy it too xD i got some friend that love to play NINTENDO DS with WIFI mode but they like to play just Mario Kart DS... but i want to do the same but playing UMK3,

A another question: Is Boon thinking to show any new footage at the E3? there are some rumors, but at the end of this day they didn´t say anything :cry:

Rest assured man, I have a DS so once it comes out add me man I'll let you know once I get a new DS adapter man with the code later on. I'll play anyone from here or online in that game. :D

MKK hanzo

It was completely lagless, no delay, played just as it were offline. We played 4 tracks with no problems all while taking a shit.
See what I mean? LOL this is gonna be good!

I wonder if CD will be the best in the world at this too?
LOL at flame bait! :D

MKK hanzo

Buy it Frank. Just when you play Mario Kart and Metroid Prime Hunters you will see how sick this shit will be.

and... i got a question speaking about Mario Kart... this game will have "add friends" and things like that? i guess mari oKart in WIFI mode you can´t play against a specific person or DS...

MKF30

To answer your question man, ^^ not that I know of..there was an old rumor/article that you would be able to (in the future, nintendo hasn't leaked anything yet when asked either way) that you'll be able to use your DS as a controller for the wii sometime down the line or have that involved some how. Should be interesting.

And yeah to everyone on Mario Kart, that game is INTENSE online...my DS connector is busted so I'll get a new one soon but yesterday actually I played some matches online since he has wifi and it was awesome.

Everyone is right, the lag is hardly there if at all. It's great online and plays well.

Can't wait to UMK3 comes out, with that much better controller I'll do MUCH better then the 360 controller and more times then not I do well. The DS light is very comfortable, I have the oldschool DS which is also good but I'm even thinking of getting a DS light with my original DS. :lol:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Frankiebonez said:
can you hook the DS up a tv and use it as a controller? I'm 99% sure you can do that with a PSP. Just wondering.....
Nope. And they just demoed a PSP with a TV Out at E3. Up until that model it wasn't something built into the PSP.

There are devices for both that let you play them on TV but they are basically little cameras that fit over the screen. They look like crap.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
TheRagingStorm said:
It sounds like it will be more pixellated than Abyss' final form in MvC2.
LoL, they actually double sized his sprite for the lava beast 3rd form for some reason. All characters in MvC2 look pixelated on the standard big screen cab because I think they went for a res match of the 3D backgrounds, which is probably several times higher than the sprites.

MKK hanzo

off topic:

IGN recently reviewed Mario Strikers Charged for Wii and reported that the game NEVER LAGS whatsoever. I think this is good news. If Midway manages to do a good netcode and a decent/accurate arcade port with UMK DS we may be getting the ULTIMATE mk experience ever (no pun intended).

Also, any attempt on Wii of an online game seems to be going well (hopes for GG accent core online mode).

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/808/808692p1.html

MKF30

All right!! someone else ^ besides me that loves nintendo for good reason!

You're right, I just bought Planet Puzzle league, plays like a gem online hard as hell though, the comp on UMK3 DS should be pretty damn good too
8)

Great news!

dreemernj said:
stahan said:
I came upon this trailer today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZdtfEZywr8

Hopefully the d-pad on this works better than the 360's d-pad.
That footage is of UMK3 for SNES it looks like. I really hope they just hacked existing footage onto a DS and released this and that isn't actually how the game will look.

If it's the SNES version then there's no reason to get excited over it :-/
I played MK3 alot on SNES on XBAND. From the footage that is shown on that it looks as if it is the snes..Which was badly copied to the GBA. Notice the following A) The Speed and B) The names.. They do show the names in the life bar as they did in the arcade verson of the game which I hope they do. I wish Midway would stop with the bs and post the video that the game is going to be. I remember the rumor that UMK3 on XBL was going to have trilogy stuff in it. Or was that for the Midway Collection CD? Whatever it was its bait and switch and they really need to stop doing that. If its the arcade verson it would be nice to have.

MKF30

It IS the arcade version, we just haven't seen any REAL footage thus far. :wink:

I found out btw that according to EB games/Gamestop, it's due out Late October, however Midway says November so we'll see it's definitely around that time though.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
off topic:

IGN recently reviewed Mario Strikers Charged for Wii and reported that the game NEVER LAGS whatsoever. I think this is good news. If Midway manages to do a good netcode and a decent/accurate arcade port with UMK DS we may be getting the ULTIMATE mk experience ever (no pun intended).

Also, any attempt on Wii of an online game seems to be going well (hopes for GG accent core online mode).

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/808/808692p1.html

I have Strikers Charged, as I had a reserve on it. After having played it for one day, I can tell you that, once you get online, the game is indeed lag free provided you have what the game displays as a "4 Star Connection", but of course if your / your opponent's internet service can't handle the rate of data transfer, that connection will go down in the connection rating system, and thus the game may feel like "beep. beep." if the problem is evident.

There is another annoyance, and it only typically happens at night time (around 8-11 pm Eastern time), albeit it is very annoying. As the day progresses, the daily leaderboards overflow with users, and it typically takes a long time for the stats to be downloaded (which is a requirement for logging onto Wi-Fi play in this game for some reason). On top of that, I find that most Strikers players log on specifically at that time period, and therefore the servers are clogged with users sending and receiving data packets.

Once you get into an online game with people that have a high-end connection, though, you will indeed have a lag-free game. I just wanted to report my own findings on the way Strykers has gone on Wi-Fi.

EDIT: Yes, I noticed the typo, but I decided to keep it there for the sake of humor value.