What's new

UMK3 for the Nintendo DS

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
LOL, yeah I was laughing more at the fact that like 10 different people uploaded the same exact teaser.

To MKK, yeah man you're right on. I have Mario Kart for the DS also but my wifi nintendo usb connector is giving me an error so I think I have to buy a new one soon, not a problem but when I did play it online often a few months back I agree I played japanese, canadian players etc and virtually NO lag. It's awesome :D

G

Ultimate Mortal Kombat for DS Announced...a while ago.

So, Midway announced Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the Nintendo DS system about a week and a half ago. Why the wait before it showed up on our homepage? Simple. We thought they were going to show SOMETHING by this point. But they haven't and who knows when they will, so we'll go ahead and mention it here.

What we know right now is, it's supposed to be a port of UMK3 for the arcade combined with a version of Puzzle Kombat from Mortal Kombat: Deception. And, amazingly, it's supposed to have online play as well.

What have they shown us so far? Not much. They released a preview video that you can see on youtube here.

You can also read a bit of text about it and see some screen shots on the press release here.

But, you will probably notice pretty quickly that the video is of UMK3 for SNES (with 1 clip of UMK3 for Genesis). And the still images show UMK3 for the Arcade.

There was also an interview with Ed Boon and a few other screen shots, but basically we got nothing besides an interesting announcement.

UltimateMK.com is hoping that we'll soon get to see some real details about the game and that it'll look as good as we are all hoping.

Kazlaz

Noob
hmm lol should i find a way to make a Nintendo DS joystick now : )

i cant play with d pad so its usless to me unless i could get a joytsic going i could build the DS into the case where the moniter just pops up and the touch screen then carry it around : )

it would be awsome

MKF30

Scheisse said:
That adapter is a POS, I had a problem with it. It wouldn't install.
I have installed thousands and thousands of pieces of software over the years and this was probably one of the bitchiest things I have ever ran into.

I sent nintendo an email about it and they asked me if I followed the directions.(Very helpful).

I followed the directions every single time for about 10 tries and nothing worked. Then I did it the same way that I did the previous 10 times and it worked.

I want to see how this game turns out, there are a lot of quality games released on this system. Enough for me to buy a handheld(wtf).

Yeah, I guess it's just our luck with the damn thing lol. Though I hear it's better now and for the most part it is a cheaper way to go as oppose to wasting 70+ bucks on a wireless router when I already have a modem so that would be a problem for me, worse comes to worse I'll just buy myself a new one. They're like 30 bucks, I'll keep the receipt if it's crap I'll get my money back.

Where is E3 being held this year btw? I haven't been following it at all of late.

To the dude that said he wanted a stick for the DS, good luck with that man lol. That seems more difficult then the D-pad on that thing but IMO I do believe the D-pad is much better then the 360 one, can't say how many times I've jumped back when I don't want to...

MKF30

Thanks MKK, it's in a different language though that page lol. But the games are in english, I wonder what That Game for the wii is hmmmm.

:eek:

MKK hanzo

do u think they gonna put out an official trailer since we know that one on youtube is fake?
That and actual pics of the game would make me mad! LOL if the game is good online I will put my Mario Kart DS for good.

i can´t wait to see those new trailers (if they´re thinking to show more and new trailers with real footage) if this game will gonna be like the arcade version, i could buy a Nintendo DS just to play UMK3

Scheisse said:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/676944/Mortal_Kombat_For_DS_Details.html

"Boon went on to say, "We are also working on some ideas for the touch screen. However, since the player's hands will be busy with the direction pad and the attack buttons, we probably won't do something crazy like having the player touch the screen for punches and kicks."

Omfg, hangs head
Yeah, but would be cool to put some good shits to the Touch Screen just for fun, not a thing that change the gameplay or adding something to got more power or something in the game, all what everybody want is just UMK3 Arcade with a Good Netplay and just for the touch screen i consider just to touch over Scorpion to choose him, or touch sindel to choose her, you know

dreemernj

Ambassador
It sounds like they'll only really have anything to show for a couple of games. I was checking gamespot for updates on E3...but it looks like they are off the web, lol. I can't get to it on my comp and my web server can't access it either. Looks like it might have been overloaded by the strain of E3.

G4tv has coverage and they've flashed text across the bottom about UMK for the DS, but they haven't added any info. They just mention it's November due date.

EDIT: Looks like Midway gets coverage on Thursday at 11am on Gamespot. They list Blacksite: Area 51, Unreal Tournament 3, and Stranglehold as their games.

We already knew there wouldn't be details about the next console MK game, and I guess UMK for DS is relatively small news. Chances are the budget for that is a tiny fraction of what it is for games like Stranglehold.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Midway responded to my asshole post on the youtube video asking when we'd get to see real footage instead of SNES and Genesis:

This trailer is simply to demonstrate what it will be like playing the game on DS to accompany it's announcement. As the game is developed, more footage and information will be released.
Seems like a good, reasonable answer. Thankfully most MK fans already realized this. Sadly, not all did.

Enigma

Noob
Yeah, that confused the hell out of me that they were overlaying footage from the SNES and Genesis versions onto the DS.

MKF30

dreemernj said:
Midway responded to my asshole post on the youtube video asking when we'd get to see real footage instead of SNES and Genesis:

This trailer is simply to demonstrate what it will be like playing the game on DS to accompany it's announcement. As the game is developed, more footage and information will be released.
Seems like a good, reasonable answer. Thankfully most MK fans already realized this. Sadly, not all did.
Yeah man like you said lol and sadly there are still some thinking this is MKT or the SNES version :roll: ...even after midway said in like several announcements/interviews that this is the UMK3 arcade port version :lol:

BTW, UT3 this year is going to be a PS3 exclusive however, next year it won't be as it'll be on the 360 also. I'll bet that game will play better for the Xbox 360 after what UR proved with the last game on xbox one which was kickass.

And it appears that Stranglehold is Midways big game right now as far as showing off, next gen etc. Wayyy too early for MK8 news and UMK3 pretty much has a certain fanbase interested, pretty much the oldschool MK fans for the most part.

BTW, rest assured to the guy that was worried about the stylus, it won't be used for UMK3 I'm positive. Now, the puzzle game who knows?

For those of you familiar with Planet Puzzle League for the DS, it's a great game that uses the stylus to move the blocks. I can see this being used possibly for the MKD puzzle game, but definitely not UMK3. 8)