What's new

UMK3 for the Nintendo DS

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/799/799910p1.html

Boon says:

It will be arcade accurate and we are very excited about it.
Fingers crossed...
Everybody is fighting and noone read this xD... we better do what it doing hanzo... "Finger Crossed" even my dick will be crossed xDlol

dreemernj

Ambassador
It might be like Mario Kart DS where you can play random people online without having them on your friends list.

yeah, i seen this. who;s really gonna buy this? pokeman is nothing more then a fighting game, only proving that people are hungry for fighting games. so, i guess it will sell big.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
dreemernj said:
It might be like Mario Kart DS where you can play random people online without having them on your friends list.
Yeah, Tetris DS is the only game I've played on WiFi, and it worked the same way (where you could do random matches). I'm thinking most of the WiFi games are like that. The codes are only needed to maintain a friend list (for EACH game, which is the real annoying part). But you don't NEED a friend code just to play against somebody.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Shock said:
BustaUppa said:
dreemernj said:
That footage is of UMK3 for SNES it looks like. I really hope they just hacked existing footage onto a DS and released this and that isn't actually how the game will look.

If it's the SNES version then there's no reason to get excited over it :-/
Twenty-three seconds into the video, look closely... Reptile vs. Jax, with the names INSIDE the power bars (all the other clips had the names underneath the bars). It looks like they're taking unrelated footage from different ports and just throwing them together for this trailer. I doubt they even have the game running on DS yet.
That clip of Reptile and Jax is from Genesis (if anything you can tell by the explosion). The sound effects are planted, but somewhat random, and there's SNES sounds thrown in. I think it's all part of some kind of big anticipatroy joke or something, they do dumb shit like this all the time.
Don't tell TotalMK all this. He's 100% certain this is footage of a completely new version of UMK3. Because it is totally different from the 16 bit versions :-X And he knows, because he's played the 16bit versions. It must be true guys.

This looks like it may have several versions: The Genesis version, SNES version and arcade version. It would allow you to select all of them. And it will not be WaveNet, since that machine for UMK3 is long gone.

dreemernj said:
Yeah, SO Weird... but is cool to know that there are another way to having fun with the game we like to play,... UMK3... at least we all know that ed boon and Midway´s staff know that we like UMK3 and is the best game ever in the MK´s Series ^_^ some time ago we´ve talk that midway don´t like to add old games on their new versionof mortal kombat (MKDA, MKD, MKA but just before we know that thre are some extras on it) or... just add new fighting stile putting old sprites and 2d mode like MK1,. MK2 MK3 etc... and know we´re in a good time where we see old games in the new consoles... and not only that, we could even play them all )almost all) online!!! be happy for it:D

Choujuu said:
This will be awesome!

Also, I think you can buy a device to plug into the USB port on your computer that will essentially let the broadband connection become wireless and let you play your DS games online.

I really have been waiting for this...

And it sounds like the people handing the port are the ones who did the Xbox Live job.

GREAT STUFF!!!
wat do u mean great stuff? considering you still have the glitches from the arcade versions, like color platelettes and wat not to the fact u can't change the controls,

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
dreemernj said:
Yeah man, I was just thinking that myself actually. I have that game and I must say it plays like a gem online :D

This game is going to rock and I agree the D-pad is MUCH better then the 360 pad by far lol.

I live not too far away from a Star Bucks, there's also a new place that I go to called Panera Bread that supports wi-fi.

I think I'll have to buy another DS wi-fi connector though because for some reason I have to reinstall the darn thing every time I want to play online, it gave me an error message a few times too.

But there's more then enough time, hopefully by then I'll also have a wii and 360 that I'll be saving for with my new job.

This is great news though, I was hoping this would happen but it was a dream until now. Midway, you just made my life happier when I go out and expand my comp. 8)

ilovepoop said:
wat do u mean great stuff? considering you still have the glitches from the arcade versions, like color platelettes and wat not to the fact u can't change the controls,

I say great stuff to mean that I get a wifi playable version of Ultimate on my DS. Glitches or not.

Maybe we will luck out with the button assignments... the control scheme will be kinda like the ps2 which isnt too hellish bad -- just takes me some getting used to. I think I would love the conveinence of changing buttons but whatever is whatever.

ilovepoop nice factor, i mean, that one about the controller settings, if midway is thinking to put the option for change controller setting... i hope they don´t forget about it, a control without settin option is like a garden with no flowers xD

It looks as though the combos that you can do on the SNES and Genesis and as well as the arcade port you can do them on the DS. It will take a lot of fast fingering though.

MKF30

I think it's too early to assume that just yet ^. If it is the arcade UMK3 exact port like they said, that won't be the case.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
dreemernj said:
Shock said:
BustaUppa said:
dreemernj said:
That footage is of UMK3 for SNES it looks like. I really hope they just hacked existing footage onto a DS and released this and that isn't actually how the game will look.

If it's the SNES version then there's no reason to get excited over it :-/
Twenty-three seconds into the video, look closely... Reptile vs. Jax, with the names INSIDE the power bars (all the other clips had the names underneath the bars). It looks like they're taking unrelated footage from different ports and just throwing them together for this trailer. I doubt they even have the game running on DS yet.
That clip of Reptile and Jax is from Genesis (if anything you can tell by the explosion). The sound effects are planted, but somewhat random, and there's SNES sounds thrown in. I think it's all part of some kind of big anticipatroy joke or something, they do dumb shit like this all the time.
Don't tell TotalMK all this. He's 100% certain this is footage of a completely new version of UMK3. Because it is totally different from the 16 bit versions :-X And he knows, because he's played the 16bit versions. It must be true guys.
It wouldn't be the first time we proved TotalMK wrong about something he didn't understand but thought he did.

MKF30 said:
I think it's too early to assume that just yet ^. If it is the arcade UMK3 exact port like they said, that won't be the case.
It looks as though they may import the music and sound from the arcade version but not likely the life bars.

has anyone considered, that this is a NINTENDO game, and because NINTENDO put out UMK3 on the SNES that it might be a port straight from the SNES version? considering NINTENDO till has the rights to it and wouldn't have to get the rights to the arcade version?

Actually Williams put out UMK3 for the SNES which was liscensed by Nintendo.

Midway is putting out UMK3 for the DS, not Nintendo. Midway also did MKAdvance, not looking forward to this at all.

MKF30

ÐarkMoon said:
They already attempted this and failed with MK Advance.

Not looking forward to this at all.

Boon also had nothing to do with that project what so ever, which he clearly states in the IGN interview.

This won't be the same game. :) And the DS is made by Nintendo, hence the name Nintendo DS.

You didn't know that? :?

BTW, I can tell some peeps in here completely ignored what Shock said. He's right, that is just a "quick show" movie of past UMK3s or MKA for the GBA, SNES or Genesis. That is not going to be the final game.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
www.mortalkombatonline.com posted pics of the box art.
I love the dragon logo, but all peoples is still wondering if this version will be SNES or ARCADE, i guess it will be arcade, cus boon said something about it Right? let´s give him a trust poin, here in Venezuela play WI-FI with Mario Kart DS is the DIABLO, like say hanzo, you could play even against japanesse peoples with NO LAG... damm it, sound great to know that if this game could run with no lag against peoples around the world, think about what could do UMK3, and all posibilities to play against others with a console with a price less than Xbox 360 ^_^