What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
What the hell is this? It sounds like Stephen Hawking's voice synthesizer after 40 years of rigorous smoking.
What do you think of the new announcer?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think the announcer is Brother Eye speaking. If I'm not wrong (I really don't know, to be honest), Brother Eye is a giant database and surveillance A.I. that is used by Batman(?) in some comics. The main menu for Injustice 2 is Batman in what appears to be The Watchtower on a computer, and at the beginning of the match it says "Getting Live Feed" (or something along those lines) and flashes the Brother Eye symbol: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/2/23/OMAC_Project_Vol_1_1_Textless_OMAC_Variant.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131119225500

This would explain why the announcer sounds like a synthesized scientist or something. But again, I don't really know much about Brother Eye at all, so I could be completely wrong.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You people hating on the lifebars and stuff are crazy. They're georgous - especially compared to MKX's. When there was first gameplay of MKX everybody hated how the UI looked and I was saying in the Twitch chats "it's just a demo, they'll have the real health bars when the game is released". I was wrong - that WAS the real deal. Hated it. Still do. It's just white and plain; how boring.

But Injustice 2 has colours. A glow around some parts. It's so visually pleasing that I honestly just want you all to just look at it for a long period of time and adjust. You will see the light...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You people hating on the lifebars and stuff are crazy. They're georgous - especially compared to MKX's. When there was first gameplay of MKX everybody hated how the UI looked and I was saying in the Twitch chats "it's just a demo, they'll have the real health bars when the game is released". I was wrong - that WAS the real deal. Hated it. Still do. It's just white and plain; how boring.

But Injustice 2 has colours. A glow around some parts. It's so visually pleasing that I honestly just want you all to just look at it for a long period of time and adjust. You will see the light...
I absolutely love the health bars. The HUD shows a ton of information...actual % on every attack landed right there on the health bar, vibrant yellow to show how much life is lost on each hit, crossup notification, counter hit notification, super meter is easier to read than I1, super meter notifies you of how many bars you have, more obvious clash indicator, etc. The HUD in general is probably the best I've ever seen for a fighting game.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I absolutely love the health bars. The HUD shows a ton of information...actual % on every attack landed right there on the health bar, vibrant yellow to show how much life is lost on each hit, crossup notification, counter hit notification, super meter is easier to read than I1, super meter notifies you of how many bars you have, more obvious clash indicator, etc. The HUD in general is probably the best I've ever seen for a fighting game.
EXACTLY! You get it, friend :)

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
EXACTLY! You get it, friend :)
Amd it's lowered. Perfect for tourneys :D

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Imagine what the HUD will look like after they're done finalizing everything. #Kreygasm
One thing I hope they add to the HUD is a health percentage remaining indicator, as well as show the guard damage percentage when blocking stuff.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Crossup notification? :eek:
Let's hope we won't be seeing many of those, but crossups are pretty much an inevitablility in back to block games so this will massively help in training to defend against them.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I think the announcer is Brother Eye speaking. If I'm not wrong (I really don't know, to be honest), Brother Eye is a giant database and surveillance A.I. that is used by Batman(?) in some comics. The main menu for Injustice 2 is Batman in what appears to be The Watchtower on a computer, and at the beginning of the match it says "Getting Live Feed" (or something along those lines) and flashes the Brother Eye symbol: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/2/23/OMAC_Project_Vol_1_1_Textless_OMAC_Variant.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131119225500

This would explain why the announcer sounds like a synthesized scientist or something. But again, I don't really know much about Brother Eye at all, so I could be completely wrong.
You're right on the money.

E

Eldriken

One thing I hope they add to the HUD is a health percentage remaining indicator, as well as show the guard damage percentage when blocking stuff.
Dude, holy shit. That would probably be amazing. Block damage percentages would be very interesting to see. Especially if you can see the exact amount of health you have left. It could be the deciding factor in "I have enough health to take any amount of chip damage they can throw at me if I block. Should I do it and hope for the best?" or *gets knocked down* "I don't have enough health to survive chip damage from this character, so should I just go all out with my wake up and hope they don't use an armor breaking setup/block my invincible wakeup that is highly punishable on block instead that I could have survived had I blocked instead?"

Just my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.