What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
The clash request I had was for after winning the clash, there would be a small window of time where you could hit different buttons to hit the opponent. For example: Batman does a flip and punches the opponent when he wins. It'd be awesome if he has other options like throwing mechanical bats or a kick.... basically, some added moves specifically for the clash.

Even make it to where you don't/can't choose but it's random.
That would be really cool. Maybe have it be based on the amount of meter you wagered. So if you wagered it all it would be flashy and awesome but if you only spent one bar it would be a simple shove away or something like that.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It'd be dope if nrs ever did multiple supers. Either selected before a fight or always at your disposal. I think they can get crazy enough for it to be good but not too good and different.

@Harlequin969 any idea how much damage looks to be done? Like are we looking at our usual 30 ish percent with meter? More or less?

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
why does the graphics on the character models look so ugly? look at the faces of the non-creature / monster like characters, it all looks mushy and without texture, even their overall character models lacks texturing and is looking like mobile game graphics to me, injustice 1 has better textures and character modelling for it's time compared to this,

but yeah im glad that the moves are quite the same so injustice1 veterans won't have to re-adjust everything, and finallly i've had enough of the run button, i want my proper footsies, spacing, back, so far it's looking good,

fuck the gear system

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
We can stop worrying about gear. Ed Boon has confirmed that the game will have a tournament mode where everyone will be on a level playing field and gear wont matter.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/06/14/injustice-2-will-have-a-level-playing-field-version-for-tournament-play/
Yeah, but I'm still interested in what that level playing field is going to be. My big question is if the gear system is important to making the game feel whole, how do you take it away and have something people are going to dump hundreds of hours into? Is it akin to locking RPG characters at level 100 with all the cool stuffs, or locking everyone at level 1 with nothing ?(which is what it sounded like) If you can just toss everything away and still feel like you aren't missing something, then I'm not sure what the system is doing. I guess it doesn't matter, and it looks like something I'm going to be checking out regardless.

2017. Feels like I'm going to need something else to do with my thumbs for awhile.

For the love of god, this game is in like pre-pre-pre-pre ALPHA. no, everything will not be polished, it's not coming out until 2017 that's at least 6 and a half months away people. If it was all polished and every character had "beautiful" faces and the background characters didn't look pixeled and that little yellow take away on the bar wasn't there, and i'm sure they are still developing the story and working on environments then it would be released much sooner. Just be happy with what they are showing you. Don't be ungrateful, it will get polished, trust me. If you don't believe me take a look at MKX from E3 to release and tell me they didn't do a massive amount of work.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah, but I'm still interested in what that level playing field is going to be. My big question is if the gear system is important to making the game feel whole, how do you take it away and have something people are going to dump hundreds of hours into? Is it akin to locking RPG characters at level 100 with all the cool stuffs, or locking everyone at level 1 with nothing ?(which is what it sounded like) If you can just toss everything away and still feel like you aren't missing something, then I'm not sure what the system is doing. I guess it doesn't matter, and it looks like something I'm going to be checking out regardless.

2017. Feels like I'm going to need something else to do with my thumbs for awhile.
Why is everyone acting like custom single player shit has never happened in a tournament game before? You don't want goofy armor effects, you turn them off. You do, you turn them on and live with the consequences. This is not a new or complicated concept.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines

gear system reminds me of gow ascension multiplayer, im glad that there is a tournament mode but i kinda want to have the armor designs on my character too, is there a way to make it cosmetic? it would be really cool, and if ever how can you incorporate it on offline tournament play? if you are using the organizer's account for the ps4 / xbox

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

The simple answer to your question is that the gear isn't for us, the people that visit TYM. It never was. It's for the casuals who need a reason to play nesides DC and fatalities. Nowadays you need something to try and stick. You can't get by on just producing a good base game. Some people eat up the possibility to even have a chance at unlocking stuff.

I just hope it's barely a main focus point for the NRS team.ake sure the systems in place a aell designed and balanced. Make some cool fun characters. Then add all that fluff for the people who end up leaving month one anyways.

People who think supergirl's face looks bad are crazy. They are taking out of context photos of her mid speaking. Everyone's face looks goofy like that.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
so the gear system in the game is cool but also i feel if it adds defense or offense to a character and make the game marvel with one hit combos then they should make a tournament mode for online also but again along time to early to say anything about it so keep up the great work Nrs.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Whoever designed Supergirl needs to design all females.
I agree, Supergirl's outfit is WAYY better than New 52 Supergirl(I'm sure some may disagree) but this outfit is sick, and as a comic reader I HATED those dumb knee skin patched boots, her red around the waist here, her cape, boots everything just looks awesome.

I wonder though do you think the aesthetics option will be limited to just THEIR alternate color schemes or do you think there will be a way to literally color every little thing example, main outfit in Supergirl or Superman's case, then the shield itself being green, or have a green cape and an orange S shield with purple boots and gloves etc. I really hope they give us a more personalized circular color palette to play with like some racing games that let you choose the color, trims, roof colors etc like Forza or something but with characters. The upgrades sound cool but I really hope there's infinite freedom with the color schemes, aesthetics options and the costumes besides. Would be cool if there was an option to allow all the gear unlocked stuff for aesthetic reasons only with no upgrades to the character themselves online like a online aesthetics only room or something but that I doubt given how the gear system works, sounds like as of now there's only a gear system in normal modes and untouched/non-gears barebones mode for competitive play.

If anyone can confirm my question please answer regarding the aesthetics gig.

MKF30

@Wemfs lol well you have to remember that's the 66 Joker from the campy TV series, everyone in that show was a bad interpretation of themselves. Joker though at least was goofy at times since he's been like that in the comics, Batman on the other hand....Good lord I know some people like it, but Batman is just not a silly, goofy character.

It's one big reason why I love DC games, movies versions of him because he is a gritty, don't mess with me kind of character not a "Robin pass me the Bat spray!"

I'm REALLY enjoying the little other things @tylerlansdown and crew @ NRS are doing with how the characters hit each other after being selected. Plus, the victory poses, how they slow to a stop. Supergirl's is my favorite so far.

My requests so far:
  • The clash request options that I had
  • Camera needs to ZOOM IN if possible. I don't like how small Supergirl will be in comparison to Atrocitus.
dude I laughed my ass off at the Batman and Atrocitus ones, Batman just sucker punches practically and Atrocitus pukes blood rage on you. Supergirl's cool too.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
So microtransactions are pretty much confirmed, huh? Bummer.
"An option for players who don't have time to unlock everything" was the same wording he used for the ones in MKX.

With the 1000's of pieces it makes me wonder if you'll be paying for a full unlock, or sacrificing money to the RNG gods for a chance at legendary shin guards.

d3v

SRK
gear system reminds me of gow ascension multiplayer, im glad that there is a tournament mode but i kinda want to have the armor designs on my character too, is there a way to make it cosmetic? it would be really cool, and if ever how can you incorporate it on offline tournament play? if you are using the organizer's account for the ps4 / xbox
In the IGN interview, there was mention of something like customizations on but with "stats and effects" off. So maybe that'll be what the tournament mode will do. You keep the looks, but not the effects.

MKF30

So microtransactions are pretty much confirmed, huh? Bummer.
"An option for players who don't have time to unlock everything" was the same wording he used for the ones in MKX.

With the 1000's of pieces it makes me wonder if you'll be paying for a full unlock, or sacrificing money to the RNG gods for a chance at legendary shin guards.
While I get why some people are against MT's, at the same time just like with MKX's krypt and the "easy fatalities" for people who genuinely have trouble doing them normally, NRS is not forcing people to buy such. That's what I like about their games honestly, sure some may see it as greedy(but honestly let's be honest there's far worse companies out there who are more greedy or have been (*cough Capcom*cough Activision*cough*)

I think for someone who may have a busy life but plays the game only say once or twice a week, yet everyone else is way ahead of them but they want to have the tools to update their character I can see them wanting to buy it for convenience. But anyway, to each his own I know that's a touchy topic for some people I just try to look it at from all perspectives and I personally like how I'm not forced to buy this stuff, only if I'm lazy or don't have the time.

In the IGN interview, there was mention of something like customizations on but with "stats and effects" off. So maybe that'll be what the tournament mode will do. You keep the looks, but not the effects.
Ok, I must have missed that part I'll have to rewatch and pause lol. I sure hope so for this, and for online as well just to see how unique and artistic people can be of course also hoping for a full color palette that's 100% free creativity similar to MKA's KAK in terms of just main costume, then shields, armor etc rather than preset trims which seemed to be what they showed there in this demo at least.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Then add all that fluff for the people who end up leaving month one anyways.
To be fair, casuals are the ones who will still be playing MKX long after the competitive players have moved on from it. In fact, casual players are mainly the only ones still currently playing Injustice and MK9.

There are some people who play for a few weeks and move on, but don't underestimate the longevity of the casual fanbase -- there are plenty of people who've never heard of frame data but really love these games.

I was definitely one of them before I found this community.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
If I can use this customisation stuff without the gameplay effects, I will be a happy fucking camper.

Not sure if Ed specifically said anything about that in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.