What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the IGN interview, there was mention of something like customizations on but with "stats and effects" off. So maybe that'll be what the tournament mode will do. You keep the looks, but not the effects.
Yup. All is right in the world.

I'm really super hype about this now. I had some initial concerns but the gear system and microtransactions potentially means really long term support, and will help to seperate the casuals from the hard core. As long as they don't let the core game fall by the wayside this has the potential to be amazing.

Sidenote: I know its a complete logistical impossibility for everyone to be able to use their costume configuration on stream at a tournament in pools....but giving those players who want to do it a few minutes to set it up for top 8 at least would be absolutely godlike.

My biggest worry now is that I'll get some super good gear for the characters I play but it'll make them look ugly as fuck.
I agree, I know having a character that you don't like the looks is minor and it's about how you play but I fear the same. I want my Nightwing to look bad ass!!......(please let Nightwing be in this game)

Look where Batmans trait is...

Yo can we please just talk about positioning of those bats and how they're around Aquaman upon being spawned? lololo that's awesome.
Dangit, I saw that and forgot to bring it up! As if Batman's J2 crossup shenanies weren't silly enough, they've almost certainly given him a 50/50 to boot and/or a way to punish antiair attempts. Goodie.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Dangit, I saw that and forgot to bring it up! As if Batman's J2 crossup shenanies weren't silly enough, they've almost certainly given him a 50/50 to boot and/or a way to punish antiair attempts. Goodie.
Even better, he can probably punish any form of movement or whiffed normal instantly with the press of a button whenever. Like, if you do ANYTHING other than hold down or back such as walking forward then expect to get messed up with a bat release. Hope it's not as stupid as it sounds haha

edit: oh my god. I already plan to get a life lead, activate this trait then tbag and stance switch from full screen. It's going to be lit lol.

Even better, he can probably punish any form of movement or whiffed normal instantly with the press of a button whenever. Like, if you do ANYTHING other than hold down or back such as walking forward then expect to get messed up with a bat release. Hope it's not as stupid as it sounds haha

edit: oh my god. I already plan to get a life lead, activate this trait then tbag and stance switch from full screen. It's going to be lit lol.
It definately looks like a good tool, but I can see a lot of ways to potentially mitigate it. It might affect your bat recharge time, startup could be significantly slower, and they might even fade away after a certain point. Also, the bats would presumably still go away if you get hit...so that's where the mind games start coming in.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
To be fair, casuals are the ones who will still be playing MKX long after the competitive players have moved on from it. In fact, casual players are mainly the only ones still currently playing Injustice and MK9.

There are some people who play for a few weeks and move on, but don't underestimate the longevity of the casual fanbase -- there are plenty of people who've never heard of frame data but really love these games.

I was definitely one of them before I found this community.
I'm not saying don't do anything to entice the casuals. Just that I hope it's not some big part of their focus time. If they figure out a way for it to mean more than grinding away at a chance for mismatching armor pieces then cool. Could at least allow you to make any item coordinate.

Of course there are some casuals that stick with the game for a while and still hop on injustice 1 from time to time but I got to feel if we're usually the insignificant part of the market that's got to be even smaller.

Look where Batmans trait is...

Yo can we please just talk about positioning of those bats and how they're around Aquaman upon being spawned? lololo that's awesome.
Oh god. I already hated fighting against batman's trait. Please give them travel time again NRS. Don't do this to me pre-release.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
At least his B3 is less rediculous

trufenix

bye felicia
Still not a fan of the gear interface but it seems to have a single player and a versus build division available. Not sure what X-Stats or Callouts are, but you an also toggle them.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It definately looks like a good tool, but I can see a lot of ways to potentially mitigate it. It might affect your bat recharge time, startup could be significantly slower, and they might even fade away after a certain point. Also, the bats would presumably still go away if you get hit...so that's where the mind games start coming in.
It would be cool if Aquaman could jab them away one by one.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I noticed Counter Hits. This is a first in an NRS game.

EDIT: NVM it doesn't do more damage but the notification is there. Also is Roger Craig Smith the announcer? Sounds a lot like Chris Redfield

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Technically MKX did have counter hits, they just didn't do anything.
Well I think they did do something with command grabs in the vanilla game but it got quickly patched out, I honestly don't remember.

Also Superman I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.