What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It either the bat computer or the watch tower computer the first one was female so this time it's male. but who knows maybe you can change announcer voices if it bothers you so much lol it's like 3 seconds in total of the entire match from beginning to the end.

d3v

SRK
I noticed Counter Hits. This is a first in an NRS game.

EDIT: NVM it doesn't do more damage but the notification is there. Also is Roger Craig Smith the announcer? Sounds a lot like Chris Redfield
Could possibly allow for more combos on counter hit, like being able to link stuff, something that you wouldn't normally be able to do in an NRS game.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The meter thing means nothing to me, it's a health meter like who cares lol as long as I can see it. Honestly though talking of meters, thank God they got rid of that horrendous super meter that looked like a MVP pitching meter....lol that shit was hard to see at times, the 4 bars with separate trait bar is SOOO Much better this way, props to NRS. Now at least I can see like MK when I actually use one bar or bar an half etc easily.

MKF30

Anything is better than the Injustice 1 announcer. God she was annoying. "Begin"
I agree, though I do think that game Capcom vs. SNK 2 was worse, most annoying announcer ever that guy would not shut up lol and that whole "great this will be a great e-e-event" This will not easily be forgotten you can feel intensity in the air title of the world's strongest a-a-a-are you ready to ge get it on This will be a MATCH TO REMEMBER, FIGHT!!! blah, blah, blah" "live and let die, fight!! Go for broke, Fight!!" Like the dude would not shut up lol...

I felt like saying STFU FIGHT! lol

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
"Go for broke" is the greatest thing said by any announcer.

But I was really hoping that Ra's al Ghul was going to be the announcer. Seemed like that was going to be the case from the Announcement trailer at least.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
I just seen some gameplay of atrocitus versing grodd. I seen a cat shield, cat projectiles, cat attacks, cat pop up, the bloody cat is a second fighter in itself. Im jumping straight in the lab with atrocitus when it's out im loving everything about him.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
It may have been mentioned, but Boon confirmed that Black Manta may still be playable even though he's an interactable, and that there is only one Super per character.

It either the bat computer or the watch tower computer the first one was female so this time it's male. but who knows maybe you can change announcer voices if it bothers you so much lol it's like 3 seconds in total of the entire match from beginning to the end.
These are the type of things that people only get annoyed with when there's only footage of the game out. I still remember the days when people were saying they would never play Takeda because of his voice when the trailers came out for MKX. :rolleyes:

huh

Noob
So, just to help out who are not up to date with the latest news and videos, here is what is known so far about I2 gameplay:

- Back to block, you also can hold down to block
- Walk speed faster than Injustice 1, some saying MKX similar
- You can MB a dash forward or backward to roll (not known if invincible yet)
- One super per character, and you can press secret buttons, during super, to increase damage (the buttons, order and timing will not be disclosed, and have to be discovered by the community)
- Interactables are blockable, and do less damage (pretty much MKX esque)
- There are still gadget and power characters, that will use interactables differently
- You can air tech, with a bar, when being juggled. Either up, forward or backward. But you are risking to be reset if the opponent catch you before recovery
- After a clash, depending on the character, the positions are reset closer or farther.
- Stage transitions are back
- Gears can be acquired by leveling up in the game. Gears are pieces of armor/tools that change characteristics of your character (strength, defense, agility, health or unlock certain moves). There are thousands for each character. NRS being cryptic about it, not releasing much details.
- There are pieces of gear that are only aesthetic, not changing anything but the visuals of your character. You can also change the color scheme of your character
- There will be a tournament mode, were all characters are on a level field
- Old characters inherit moveset from Injustice 1, with some tweaks (nem strings, different trait behavior, framedata)
- Same round system as Injustice 1, the damage bar doesn't reset. The damage info is now displayed in yellow in the damage bar on every hit/combo.
- netcode will be GGPO as MKXL

Some character specific info:

Confirmed so far: Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus, Flash, Wonder Woman (Dr. Fate and Captain Cold very likely)

Traits:
Batman: bats - same as i1, but with the new ability to make them surround your opponent
Superman: strength - same as i1
Aquaman: wet combo escape - same as i1
Supergirl: eye laser moves
Gorilla Grodd: telekinetic moves
Atrocitus: Dex Starr assists

Not going to detail specials of each character here.

If anyone has more info, please let us know

Last edited:

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
So, just to help out who are not up to date with the latest news and videos, here is what is known so far about I2 gameplay:

- Back to block, you also can hold down to block
- Walk speed faster than Injustice 1, some saying MKX similar
- You can MB a dash forward or backward to roll (not known if invincible yet)
- One super per character, and you can press secret buttons, during super, to increase damage (the buttons, order and timing will not be disclosed, and have to be discovered by the community)
- Interactables are blockable, and do less damage (pretty much MKX esque)
- There are still gadget and power characters, that will use interactables differently
- You can air tech, with a bar, when being juggled. Either up, forward or backward. But you are risking to be reset if the opponent catch you before recovery
- After a clash, depending on the character, the positions are reset closer or farther.
- Stage transitions are back
- Gears can be acquired by leveling up in the game. Gears are pieces of armor/tools that change characteristics of your character (strength, defense, agility, health or unlock certain moves). There are thousands for each character. NRS being cryptic about it, not releasing much details.
- There are pieces of gear that are only aesthetic, not changing anything but the visuals of your character. You can also change the color scheme of your character
- There will be a tournament mode, were all characters are on a level field
- Old characters inherit moveset from Injustice 1, with some tweaks (nem strings, different trait behavior, framedata)
- Same round system as Injustice 1, the damage bar doesn't reset. The damage info is now displayed in yellow in the damage bar on every hit/combo.
- netcode will be GGPO as MKXL

Some character specific info:

Confirmed so far: Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus, Flash, Wonder Woman (Dr. Fate and Captain Cold very likely)

Traits:
Batman: bats - same as i1, but with the new ability to make them surround your opponent
Superman: strength - same as i1
Aquaman: wet combo escape - same as i1
Supergirl: eye laser moves
Gorilla Grodd: telekinetic moves
Atrocitus: Dex Starr assists

Not going to detail specials of each character here.

If anyone has more info, please let us know
Well done and thank you, also:
- that stages will not have 3 transitions anymore (like metropolis from i1) and there will be more than one stage with no transitions. Interpreting from Boon
- The same ascetic gear can have different effects and attributes
- The distance a character is thrown after being grabbed is still unique to each character

These are just some notes I noticed

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Well done and thank you, also:
- that stages will not have 3 transitions anymore (like metropolis from i1) and there will be more than one stage with no transitions. Interpreting from Boon
- The same ascetic gear can have different effects and attributes
- The distance a character is thrown after being grabbed is still unique to each character

These are just some notes I noticed
One more to add
Aquaman's trait must be used on reaction as it lasts a shorter amount of time as compared to I1. Not a get out of jail free card anymore.

MKF30

Nice new vids!

"Go for broke" is the greatest thing said by any announcer.

But I was really hoping that Ra's al Ghul was going to be the announcer. Seemed like that was going to be the case from the Announcement trailer at least.
lol ehh it's funny haha but nothing more badass than hearing "FINISH HIM!" Or "FATALITY!" :D hard to say which is cooler lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.