What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

So if we get Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing how would armor work for them? Vines and moss wrapped around different parts of their bodies? Maybe different colored plants?

Grodd's super is around 6:10 on the Gamespot video above but idk if I'm very impressed by it. To me it's pretty meh compared to the others we have seen, I think Aquaman's is the coolest, than Supergirl, Attrocitus, Batman, Superman and Grodd last.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so there is basically a "tournament mode" to level out the characters. Good to know I don't have to care at all about leveling up and balancing gear. As long as I can use it for aesthetic purposes i'm cool.
I really do hope they offer that option, I don't even care about the leveling up my guy to do more damage or defense though it is cool. I DO hope we see aesthetic options all across the board, especially for online and tourneys it would bring a uniqueness to it IMO. Based off how someone looks you'd know right off the bat say you're watching a tourney and be like "oh ok that's Michaelangelo's Superman, orange chest emblym, green cape unmistakable" kind of scenario. And online just to stand out from everyone else too you know?

I really do hope they offer that option, I don't even care about the leveling up my guy to do more damage or defense though it is cool. I DO hope we see aesthetic options all across the board, especially for online and tourneys it would bring a uniqueness to it IMO. Based off how someone looks you'd know right off the bat say you're watching a tourney and be like "oh ok that's Michaelangelo's Superman, orange chest emblym, green cape unmistakable" kind of scenario. And online just to stand out from everyone else too you know?
I agree completely

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I didn't say it was just Tekken, I said a game LIKE Tekken. I acknowledge that other fighting games do this.

I mean you're assuming Martian's teleport would be punishable on release. As I said at one point, if they didn't do it before why would they now? The number of things needing fixed won't matter if they actually fix them.

Raiden wasn't broken, there were only a few characters who couldn't poke out of F12 into F12. Getting out was a guess but it didn't mean Raiden was broke, just very strong, so no I don't think I need to revisit anytinhg.

The thing is the game has new mechanics and new characters anyway with entirely new movesets so whether it's half the cast or the whole cast there's still a lot of new stuff to balance.

Well 1. "game breaking mid" is an overstatement, it was just a very strong offensive tool, and 2. I wouldn't say lack of legacy is the reason he came out with a mid as strong as that as much as testers not seeing how strong that was before release.

You're assuming they'll have properly balanced their tools this time around though. It just seems contradictory for you to criticise their balancing decisions but also then suddenly decide they can balance tools properly. Assume Injustice 2 was like Super Injustice 1, with Super Injustice 1 being something like the 1.06 Injustice patch. Could you honestly tell me they'd fix Martian's teleport? They didn't do it in the actual 1.06 Injustice patch, in fact they actually buffed his teleport at one point or another. I can see where you'd be coming from if Namco were balancing it that we might not see this issues but NRS aren't Namco when it comes to balance I'm afraid.
Fishfail

Slymind

Noob
Looks like interactables are toned down, which is nice, hopefully like in MKX, they will be useful but at the same time not as overwhelming as the first Injustice.

N00B

Noob
I heard no one has mix ups, tbh mix ups are fun and its makes sense giving oh and low starters, mixups strings to skillfull martial arts masters of DC universe like Batman e.t.c. but not to less skillfull characters like Superman e.t.c. and also its makes sense giving to skillfull martial arts masters of DC universe like Batman, Jason Todd e.t.c. a lot of usefull normals and strings more than to less skillfull characters like Superman, superbitch e.t.c. IMO.

Last edited:
Anyone notice a health glitch at around 3:17 on the twitch vid? Grodd hits Atrocitus with a grab and he goes back to full health.

Edit: The Atrocitus player must have input some dev testing code because he also gained full meter.

trufenix

bye felicia
they said they are gonna have a leveled playing field for competitive, there aren't going to be level 50 supermans fighting level 1 batmans, etc etc.
This has been clear since day 1, but I can't keep a thread unmerged or undeleted about it to save my life. Maybe I'll hijack one of shaowebb's four or five pre-release gameplay threads now that the panic is starting to blow over.

trufenix

bye felicia
I absolutely hate how characters still do that stupid "get back up after falling down" thing at the end of a match.

Always assumed they would've gotten rid of that.
I think the goal is to demonstrate that nobody is "dying" from anything so as to preserve the teen rating. I'm still hoping there is further development on this, I would almost prefer the MKvDC post brutality writhing to this.

HanSolo

Noob
11:05 - "As we continue to support these games for a longer period of time, that may affect the release of the next game. We really just want the games to be a longer lasting experience."