What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Also do we like the UI in its current state fam? It's bound to get better, and I like the idea of keeping damage numbers and hit counters next to the lifebars as opposed to taking up screen real estate elsewhere. The yellow seems a little odd though.

In addition, Supergirl is shown to have a standard breath animation that knocks back, one that lifts like Kitana, and another that freezes? Are these gear augmented or what?

James

NottPilgrim
3 minutes into the IGN video, Ed Boon mentions that there are certain buttons or inputs the player can press during supers to add damage. In the video Supergirl's super does 32% and it gets bumped up to like 41. He says these will be undocumented and are up to the players to find. So basically Injustice 2's version of fatalities.

trufenix

bye felicia
Also do we like the UI in its current state fam? It's bound to get better, and I like the idea of keeping damage numbers and hit counters next to the lifebars as opposed to taking up screen real estate elsewhere. The yellow seems a little odd though.
THe injustice 1 ui started shitty and stayed shitty, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

In addition, Supergirl is shown to have a standard breath animation that knocks back, one that lifts like Kitana, and another that freezes? Are these gear augmented or what?
edit: I stand corrected, @karaokelove is on it.

We know dick about anyones movelist. All we know about supergirl is that her trait is eye lasers of which she has an up, down, straight, and walking use.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Interesting. Wonder if this will stay through in the competitive mode? Also, will it change cinematics at all? Makes me think of the system in DB Raging Blast, to be honest

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Really interested to know more about Atrocitus' "Life Drain" special. Atrocitus players will have to decide "do I want to end this combo with the highest-damage ender, or do I want to use my motherfuckin Life Drain?"

trufenix

bye felicia
Best thing about all this gear stuff is the colour changing of costumes and projectiles, which could very well mean you can pretty much get any Lantern Corps you want.

Get hype for Star Sapphire Atrocitus.
its all fun and games til someone unlocks the neon purple skin tones. Then we have an entirely different SFxT problem on our hands.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
No one seems to have caught it when Boon said that you start with core specials and then can unlock new specials as you level. That is fucking lame!

This is what I was worried about. Between micro transaction (don't kid yourself, it's going to happen), and people who put in 20 hours a week, there isn't going to be a level playing field whatsoever.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
No one seems to have caught it when Boon said that you start with core specials and then can unlock new specials as you level. That is fucking lame!

This is what I was worried about. Between micro transaction (don't kid yourself, it's going to happen), and people who put in 20 hours a week, there isn't going to be a level playing field whatsoever.
You missed the part where he said there will be separate ranked modes and a tourney like mode as well

Gamer68

Fujin!
Best thing about all this gear stuff is the colour changing of costumes and projectiles, which could very well mean you can pretty much get any Lantern Corps you want.

Get hype for Star Sapphire Atrocitus.
I hope that's the case, but who knows? Maybe with Atrocitus (and other Lanterns, if any) it's just different shades of the color they already are? Using Atrocitus as an example: Dark Red, Light Red, "Normal" Red, Pale Red, etc.

But yeah, it would be cool if I could make Blue Lantern Atrocitus.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You missed the part where he said there will be separate ranked modes and a tourney like mode as well
No, I didn't miss that.

You ever have to go into the chat lobbies to find matches? I have to all the time because of the odd times I play mixed with the lack of TYMers available to play in said tournament mode.

I don't want to learn match ups playing one way, just to have to play a different way at locals and tournaments.

95% of the people who will be online won't be playing tournament mode. That's my problem.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
I've seen the gameplay. I don't like how they're keeping the round system the same as the previous Injustice. Comebacks are very difficult when you're at low red life and your opponent still has gray bar. Hope that changes, although it's unlikely.

Error

DF2+R2
No, I didn't miss that.

You ever have to go into the chat lobbies to find matches? I have to all the time because of the odd times I play mixed with the lack of TYMers available to play in said tournament mode.

I don't want to learn match ups playing one way, just to have to play a different way at locals and tournaments.

95% of the people who will be online won't be playing tournament mode. That's my problem.
Be proactive and find people from here to play with consistently, if these 95% of people online are not playing tournament mode, what makes you think you'd get good practice from them? God forbid casuals have something they can enjoy too.

If anything now you'll have to sift through less casuals.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
I just found this:

It looks like the same gameplay we saw earlier(?) but without commentary. Man, the noises the hits make sound so satisfying.

@SaltShaker you might want to take a look at this, too.

EDIT: And here is Part 2.

In this footage you can see cross up and counter icons under the health bars, so it looks like we'll get a bit of insight into what's actually happening on screen move

JnTonioo

Yurp
idk if any1 has mention this but the characters in the selection screen look like hints to future characters or maybe its nothing