What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Injustice was honestly about as balanced as I think you can ever expect a game with 30 characters and one year of support to be.

Bad matchups are just a sad fact of life when you have that much diversity, and one year of support equals broken crap like Zod x Lex going under the radar until the end of the games life. Hopefully the legacy aspect will help NRS fine tune things, and microtransctions could lead to longer support...but there *will* be bad matchups. Even Capcom games have 7-3 matchups.
Very true. Sagat-Gief and Guile-Bison were two matchups that remained 7-3 until the end of the game's life. Oftentimes, character designs just lead to harsh counters, too. It's the price of games with very diverse playstyles.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Injustice was just on the twitch stream with full lifebars, meter, win screens, loot drops and all but I only caught the last few minutes. Did anyone record the whole thing?

ok the game for sure looks spectacular. gear sounds cool but obviously broken AF and i wonder how they will have everything unlocked at tournaments

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Saw it, showed Atrocitous and Grodd gameplay mostly. They briefly showed the select screen as well:

28 character roster confirmed?
Any video to disect though? Im more interested in seeing the base game mechanics and if they mention anything about them

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It looks Injustice 1 as fuck.
So far the new things are the gear, the air teching, and the universal roll dodge.
Better walk speed.

Other then that, it has all the same Injustice 1 animations, background bounce, wall bounce, dumb get up before falling over animation.

Clashes and stage transitions seem streamlined and shorter.

Hopefully they change a lot of the universal animations like the wall bounce, which looks bad.

Saw it, showed Atrocitous and Grodd gameplay mostly. They briefly showed the select screen as well:

28 character roster confirmed?
Well, not everyone from the first one will be in this one Confirmed if that's the select screen. So I'm guessing they are leaving the dead out, besides Joker. Just hope Poison Ivy is in

Is it?

I think Smash has spoiled me...
I meant *fighting games*. :p

But seriously: I admittedly never played smash competitively so I'm fairly ignorant on tiers and a ton of stuff for the game...but I know enough to know that if it is "balanced" its pretty much a massive fluke rather than intentional design choices.
It can happen...but you can't count on lighting striking every time.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm in love with air tech and dodge roll in injustice! Let's hope zoners be zoning because everyone gets a super long forward dash (that's probably projectile immune) at the low price of a bar.

Really like the way the damage is shown on the life bars and counted up on each hit, that was a great addition in mkx.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Interesting. Some of the gear gained said "Single Player only".
So Supergirl's walking laser move is her trait and damn it takes forever to refill!
From what I can tell, every heat vision move she does drains the meter a small amount and the walking laser drains it completely.