What's new

Guide "Try to Keep up" - Flash combo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iitRueii

Noob
Some cool stuff.

I know it's not important, but that isn't the most damage you can get off a forward heavy, I already know a higher damage one and I'm sure there is better.

f3, T, df1 x6, b2 2 f3 xx super does 66%

I like to do some slightly different stuff to yours, because I find it slightly easier and around the same damage, some really interesting stuff, nice to see you can hit a b3 off d2 after MB df1. Seems tight though haha
Its actually very easy now. When I first was learning it, it was hard but now I hit is 100% of the time lol.

Cheers man and wow a 66% nice find man! Sounds VERY tight hitting 6 df 1's!

iitRueii

Noob
yeah i noticed, flash has really strong corner juggle combos with 11 just because it has a fast startup and strong hit advantage, maybe you can test it out with some of your corner stuff.
Deffo I think i have overlooked his 1,1!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The trick is just to d2 as soon as you can to push the opponent the highest possible in the air and then b3 right after the d2 animation. ;)

You just need to keep practicing believe me. It's tight but it is just about muscle memory.

I main Flash and Black Adam, both have the same hard b3 BnB. I though the problem was the timing of my b3 but actually it's mostly what I do right before. Flash is b2 timing, black adam is MB timing on his cage MB (I delay it a bit to have more time to b3 when the opponent gets down).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Good shit, one starter missing : Ji3 which is his only decent crossup to me. What I'm doing so far is :
Ji3, d3. 17% great frame advantage.

Ji3, 3, 2, df1. 29% very easy to do.

Ji3, b2, 2, f3, df3 (far) for 33%. 31% with db3 at the end.

Did you found out better stuffs ?

My corner combos are :
b2, 2, f3, df1, 11, 11, 11, 112, charge. 44% meterless no trait.
b2, 2, f1 MB, 11, 11, 11, 11, 112 charge 43% 1 meter no trait.
Ji3, 11, 11, 11, 11, 112, charge.

as in the first hit. 21 seems kind of a difficult string to connect with outside punish situations, I tend to just use 112 there anyway.

as in the first hit. 21 seems kind of a difficult string to connect with outside punish situations, I tend to just use 112 there anyway.
Ohhhhhh lmao it took me all this time to realize what you meant =P you are referring to the starting string? I thought you meant the 21 after the lighting kick. I believe you still get 39% with f21 instead of 21. I bet the other starters are only a slight bit less since even d12 string gets you 36%

edit

the 112 string nets 40% in those situations and the b22 gets you 39

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm having it hard finding some big time combos with him. A lot of the combos that I've been finding so far are like 24%. Around in that area. But my mind is completely blank in this game atm

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Here are ones I've "found" aka stolen+modified so far. They seem to be the most high damaging I've seen so far while ending in LC to keep that untechable knockdown

Midscreen 1bar:
B22 x DF1 MB 21 B22F3 x BF2 - 42%

Midscreen 1 bar w/trait
B22 x DF3 MB 4 dash DF1(x5) BF2 (x2) - 54%

Corner 1 bar
B22 x DF3 MB B3 NJ3 11 112 x BF2 - 45%

Corner 1 bar w/trait
B22 x DF3 MB 4 NJ3 DF1 (x4) BF2 (x2) - 53%

SaJa

FH_FenriR
In corner you can do b2, 2, f3 before the last charge using his trait combo (the trait will stop just before the combo ends).

You also have an easy 47% with b2, 2, df3 MB, b3, NJ3, 11, 11, 112 charge.

hecta

Noob
If you see them ducking in a corner (especially with a transition) you can sonic pound MB from quite a distance (like 3.5 characters range), if they block you are at +11 frames and can pressure them with the low string into whatever. If they don't:

df3 MB, b3, j3, 32, bf2 - 36%, 1 meter
or activate trait after the sonic pound.

If you want to keep them in the corner do f3 instead of b3 after sonic pound into whatever for 30ish% combo.

Also works very well if the corner happens to be a transition.

When Flash initiates his Trait (T)--and slows down time--he's capable of connecting multiple canned strings as one combo whilst his opponent remains on the ground. See video.

[Flash's super does 39% on its own :(]

It works with most of his punch strings as long as you quickly dash-cancel the Lighting Kick (LKDC) after said strings.

Zyphox describing in more detail:

The implications could be big for Flash, considering his Trait (T), Time Loop, can be used in conjunction with Speed Dodge (SD) in order to counter and punish both projectiles and normal attacks. Its been said elsewhere, but you can cancel the Time Loop start-up animation extra fast if you input SD first. So SD~T~[punishing attack or another SD]. Works great against one-hit attacks other than overheads.

A theoretical example is against Bane's full screen Charge attack (Flash can full combo punish the big junkie):
[recognize Bane is charging] SD~T~SD, f21~LKDC, 112~LKDC, 123~mb LK, d2, b3, ji3, b22f3~bf2

Haven't worked out viable utility yet. [edit: I did more testing and the damage-scaling is outrageous. I guess the only way to get huge damage out of Flash is a barrage of Lightning Kicks on an airborne opponent. Still, swag and flash are synonyms.]

Error

DF2+R2
Off of F3 you can add a walk forward 11 in between the j3 and the b22f3 lighting charge for more damage and it feels easier for me.

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
I did more testing and the damage-scaling is outrageous.
This. Very much so.

It was also a huge problem with Flash in MK vs DC and Kabal in Mortal Kombat 9.
Near as I can reckon, damage scaling uses one universal formula for all characters that cares only about the number of hits in a combo.
I don't think the Flash has a single canned string that hits less than 3 times, even with as few as two button inputs.

So for comparisons sake, if you are making a character in this game that has a 1,1,2 canned string that does 10% damage and hits three times, and another character who has a 1,1,2 that also does 10% damage but hits five times... the first character is going to do far more damage with any combos and juggles he can work out.

This also creates a flaw in the design itself, as gameplay in this system will favor characters who can do the most amount of damage with the fewest number hits. As a result, combos that involve slugging a character ten or more times in less than a second, while looking awesome, are rendered totally impractical because of the pituful damage they will eventually inflict.

What should have happened in the planning phases for this game is a more refined damage scaling formula that accounts for not just the number of hits in a combo, but also the damage each individual hit inflicts. Either that or Flash should use his own unique damage scaling that allows for a character who can still be effective with his style of Rapid-fire Fisticuffs.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
WaywardStranger add this one to the OP too i was doing this with my friend yesterday morning, he showed me this and i didn't see it before, then i came across your thread as i was about to post this video that i should have had out yesterday afternoon but was to busy to edit. so instead of making a new thread just add this one to the OP i'll tag the flash players in this post so they can see it and determine the viability of it as well :)
LEGEND
Hellion_96
@Redreaper
GGA Dizzy
Slips
MuhammedCFL

LEGEND

YES!
This. Very much so.

It was also a huge problem with Flash in MK vs DC and Kabal in Mortal Kombat 9.
Near as I can reckon, damage scaling uses one universal formula for all characters that cares only about the number of hits in a combo.
I don't think the Flash has a single canned string that hits less than 3 times, even with as few as two button inputs.

So for comparisons sake, if you are making a character in this game that has a 1,1,2 canned string that does 10% damage and hits three times, and another character who has a 1,1,2 that also does 10% damage but hits five times... the first character is going to do far more damage with any combos and juggles he can work out.

This also creates a flaw in the design itself, as gameplay in this system will favor characters who can do the most amount of damage with the fewest number hits. As a result, combos that involve slugging a character ten or more times in less than a second, while looking awesome, are rendered totally impractical because of the pituful damage they will eventually inflict.

What should have happened in the planning phases for this game is a more refined damage scaling formula that accounts for not just the number of hits in a combo, but also the damage each individual hit inflicts. Either that or Flash should use his own unique damage scaling that allows for a character who can still be effective with his style of Rapid-fire Fisticuffs.
this is not entirely true, most scaling is custom to certain moves

the more hits = more scaling thing is mainly for juggles only

For some reason when attacks are linked together repeatedly like shown in the OP, the scaling gets really bad fast. Another example of this is cyborgs pre Day 1 patch infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.