What's new

Tournament Viable Characters for 2013

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why you blowing up Eddy Wang? Isnt he the best player in africa with her? How many people can say they're the best player in a freaking continent? i dont think that would be possible without a tournament viable character. When's the last time our continent's best player (REO? PL? You?) won a tournament with a not tournament viable character?
no i love Eddy Wang

lol but man im serious we need to see evidence - was his a major?

BTW you forget im a skarlet advocate, best day in mk9 history is when skarlet wins a major imo

Seven

|| Seven ||
Detroit vs. Morty Seinfeld.

Of course, that was Detroit.. vs. Morty Seinfeld.
Yeah there are some traces of Ermac pulling it off, but I think Morty didn't know how to play the MU. Lol I've seen this match a long time ago, and at SCR when I picked Ermac vs Detriot's Kabal, I was like "oh shit!!!! :eek:, he knows this MU".

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah there are some traces of Ermac pulling it off, but I think Morty didn't know how to play the MU. Lol I've seen this match a long time ago, and at SCR when I picked Ermac vs Detriot's Kabal, I was like "oh shit!!!! :eek:, he knows this MU".
Poor Morty, lol. Detroit was stylin' on him.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
no i love Eddy Wang

lol but man im serious we need to see evidence - was his a major?

BTW you forget im a skarlet advocate, best day in mk9 history is when skarlet wins a major imo
yes, this is very true.
My Skarlet still needs to be tested against more ppl outside of africa which is the real challenge is IMO.
DarkSlayerSmith is a good player, but i think even he also has his flaws and the character he picked to fight skarlet on daily basis is 6-4 Skarlet at the highest level, which is pointless when you already know what to do, when to do, and when they are stubborn bastards who keep avoiding some things letting others in the open 95% of the time is easy to win.

So U.S should be the place where i could definitely determine if skarlet is viable enough to win a tournament or just another character that fails to see top 10 because she isin't a fast punisher. Ppl patience and tension are hard to break and player with skill enough to keep my blood boiling for hype.

S0 lets find out at EVO2k13 if everything turns alright.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Every character has losing matchups, so I guess you could say the same thing about the entire cast as well.
No, the whole cast does not have 2-8 and 1-9 matchups. Im not talking about a 4-6 matchup, im talking one that is practically unwinnable.

Tournament Viable Characters for 2013

Definition of tournament viable - proven to be able to either win or place top 5 at a major in its current state.

Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Johnny Cage
Mileena
Cyrax
Smoke
Sonya Blade
Jax
Shang Tsung
Kabal
Kitana
Kenshi
Freddy Krueger

Thoughts?
Seems about right

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Death

Noob
Lol Sonya and Cage don't pose a problem for Ermac :D

Also, unless the Kenshi player really knows what he's doing, he doesn't pose a problem either.
Sonya/Ermac is fucking terrible. At the highest level its unwinnable for Ermac. Ermac best chance is for the Sonya to jump all game or dropping combos constantly or even experiencing the input bug more than normal.

7-3 minimum.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Sonya/Ermac is fucking terrible. At the highest level its unwinnable for Ermac. Ermac best chance is for the Sonya to jump all game or dropping combos constantly or even experiencing the input bug more than normal.

7-3 minimum.