What's new

Tournament Viable Characters for 2013

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Raiden isn't on this list because nobody who regularly goes to tournaments plays him at the highest level. The idea that Mileena and Shang are tournament viable and Raiden isn't is blowing my mind haha. He pretty much goes 5-5 with everyone and has maybe 2 or 3 4-6 matchups.

If this is just a list of characters who have been in top 8, then this is a good list. If this is a list of "tournament viable" characters then Raiden should be on this list. But, oh well either way. Nobody is representing him at the highest level regularly so I understand.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Reptile should still be considered viable. Just because no one has made top 5-8 recently, it doesn't take away from his tools and the fact his only 3-7 MU is probably Sonya. All of his other MU's are manageable, even Kabal; he does as well as anyone can hope to against him. And lets not forget he's pretty good against Kenshi, another hard MU for a ton of other characters.

i had reptile on the list here but results speak louder

We need results

I WANT THESE ON THE LIST:
SKARLET
RAI
REP

However I NEED RESULTS

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Raiden isn't on this list because nobody who regularly goes to tournaments plays him at the highest level. The idea that Mileena and Shang are tournament viable and Raiden isn't is blowing my mind haha. He pretty much goes 5-5 with everyone and has maybe 2 or 3 4-6 matchups.

If this is just a list of characters who have been in top 8, then this is a good list. If this is a list of "tournament viable" characters then Raiden should be on this list. But, oh well either way. Nobody is representing him at the highest level regularly so I understand.
PL played Raiden some at Anaheim. I guess my question is, how far is Bw1Zz from "the highest level?"

It just doesn't seem like anyone is having consistent luck with him regardless of skill.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I want him on there

we need results from that character

LBSH skarlet should be on here but again, We need results and proof

So true but we just need evidence of a character being proven in today's game

Edit: BRB must remove skarlet from the list
Why you blowing up Eddy Wang? Isnt he the best player in africa with her? How many people can say they're the best player in a freaking continent? i dont think that would be possible without a tournament viable character. When's the last time our continent's best player (REO? PL? You?) won a tournament with a not tournament viable character?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Anaheim, Dallas, and EVO off the top of my head.
Don't know what to say other than that's 3 tourneys where a tonnn of top players showed up where only 1 of them was playing Raiden. I played Raiden at EVO as well. There's 2 Raiden players. Maybe there were more that I don't know about. But my point still stands. How many people even play Raiden? Ever? I've only ever seen myself and Bwizz.

These aren't meant to be excuses. Just an explanation for why nobody knows anything about Raiden other than how to punish teleport and 334/b312. I realize it's my job to back this shit up.

Find me at final round, ufgt, and evo.