What's new

Discussion Top 5 worst characters?

Noob
Sektor?

Lol tf he's the best out of the 4 and definitely isn't bottom 5.

Unless I'm playing the wrong game
Dude, really?
"that you doubt can ever win a tournament"

Sektor?

Lol tf he's the best out of the 4 and definitely isn't bottom 5.

Unless I'm playing the wrong game
Dude.
"that you doubt can ever win a tournament"

who the fuck is genshin?
Damn auto correct xD

It's a ninja from a game called ninja gaiden. When I type kenshi it tries to change it to genshin.

Last edited:

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
What if it's not drunken master? What if it's baritsu or dragon breath??
Drunken Master has to be his worst variation. Hangover is too much of a liability.

I believe Hat Trick and Unbreakable are being underrated in this thread. Unbreakable got buffed with XL and it's like nobody takes that into consideration, and I've seen Scar do amazing work with Hat Trick, but idk, maybe XL was worse on him than I thought.

I also think Ancestral is being underrated too. I don't know that much about it, but I've seen some strong Ancestral play. I think people think it's worse than it is because it's unpopular.

I think Balanced is bottom 5, and Drunken Master, and after that it's hard to say, because we don't have many super bad variations anymore, we have a lot around average-strength.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For characters as a whole though(which I think is more important. Who cares is Unbreakable is bad, there is Grandmaster. There will still be a Hellfire and Ninjutsu to cover the hideous ass inferno.)
In no particular order I think the bottom 5 are Tanya, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, Erron Black, and Goro. Kung Lao could possibly be in there tbh.

Wait Sektor got put in there? Duuuuude. Even if the question was "who you doubt could win a tournament", Sektor would definitely NOT be on there.
What kind of tournament? A simple online tournament, a local, a major? A lot of characters probably couldn't win a major right now.
Yea I mean a major. I'm talking about a major that if anyone uses certain character/variation most would automatically either think "damn, this guy ain't winning", or "damn it's going to be hell for this character".

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
1.Bartitsu BRC anyone and their mother can low profile his crap, go through gaps in his string and if they have any projectile can just zone him out all day to the point where it looks like Zod vs Lex Luthor in injustice
2. Balanced Kenshi
3. Ancestral Kung Jin
4. High Tech Jacqui
5. Cyrax
Honorable mentions go to Unbreakable Sub, Hat Trick Lao, and Inferno Scorpion

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
1.Bartitsu BRC anyone and their mother can low profile his crap, go through gaps in his string and if they have any projectile can just zone him out all day to the point where it looks like Zod vs Lex Luthor in injustice
2. Balanced Kenshi
3. Ancestral Kung Jin
4. High Tech Jacqui
5. Cyrax
Honorable mentions go to Unbreakable Sub, Hat Trick Lao, and Inferno Scorpion
High-Tech can actually be quite deadly. You'll know when you fight a good High-Tech player, things can get pretty insane to be honest.

Cyrax isn't great but certainly not bottom 5 material in my opinion. He has his untechable throws and resets which are all quite doable.

Not putting Unbreakable in the legit bottom 5 was your biggest mistake.

Reo showed off an incredibly nasty Bartitsu, leading me to believe he#'s a lot better than many think.

HanSolo

Noob
One time a guy saw a pros stream, where the pro said another pro once said ancestral had a good matchup. Ancestral confirmed top 10, ignore all these naysayers and downplayers until they post an argument with equal merit to back their claims.:DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You guys need to remember a good player != good variation. Bartitsu could well be bottom 5 for its lack of fast starters (his fastest is a terrible 10 frame high, the 8 frame multihitting hitconfirmable mid the other two variations get gets replaced by an 11 frame high), lack of safety (pretty much everything he does has a gap, is full combo punishable or both), its terrible risk/reward, fuzziable/reactable mixups (at least some options) and worst movement in the game. Hat Trick is also pretty bad and has a lot of problems that haven't been addressed at all, Scar getting away with Sonic forgetting how to play the matchup that one time online doesn't make Hat Trick better.

However I don't think any variation of Triborg is bottom 5, nor is Ancestral, Special Forces nor any variation of Erron Black. In my opinion (keeping in mind I play most of the cast I feel at at worst an average level) my bottom 5 might be (subject to change):
Bartitsu Bo Rai Cho
Fisticuffs Johnny Cage
Necromancer Shinnok
Pyromancer Tanya
Inferno Scorpion

Honorable mentions/possible switches: Cybernetic, Unbreakable, Balanced, Hat Trick, Dualist, Master of Storms

Just my opinion.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
High-Tech can actually be quite deadly. You'll know when you fight a good High-Tech player, things can get pretty insane to be honest.

Cyrax isn't great but certainly not bottom 5 material in my opinion. He has his untechable throws and resets which are all quite doable.

Not putting Unbreakable in the legit bottom 5 was your biggest mistake.

Reo showed off an incredibly nasty Bartitsu, leading me to believe he#'s a lot better than many think.
My reasoning with HT comes from personal experience as her cancels aren't as threatening and issues come down to a fundamental level much like Bartitsu as labbing them makes them seem great and all until put into actual play. sure Reo might have shown a solid BRC but lack of a good mid hurts him as f1 can be low profiled, his mixups are fuzzyable and doesn't have good answers to zoning as monkey flips isn't that great of an armored move and I've played Bartitsu myself and I can safely say this. honestly Unbreakable would have been just outside of my bottom 5 and I can interchange with Cyrax or HT to be fair. Again just my opinion

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You guys need to remember a good player != good variation. Bartitsu could well be bottom 5 for its lack of fast starters (his fastest is a terrible 10 frame high, the 8 frame multihitting hitconfirmable mid the other two variations get gets replaced by an 11 frame high), lack of safety (pretty much everything he does has a gap, is full combo punishable or both), its terrible risk/reward, fuzziable/reactable mixups (at least some options) and worst movement in the game. Hat Trick is also pretty bad and has a lot of problems that haven't been addressed at all, Scar getting away with Sonic forgetting how to play the matchup that one time online doesn't make Hat Trick better.

However I don't think any variation of Triborg is bottom 5, nor is Ancestral, Special Forces nor any variation of Erron Black. In my opinion (keeping in mind I play most of the cast I feel at at worst an average level) my bottom 5 might be (subject to change):
Bartitsu Bo Rai Cho
Fisticuffs Johnny Cage
Necromancer Shinnok
Pyromancer Tanya
Inferno Scorpion

Honorable mentions/possible switches: Cybernetic, Unbreakable, Balanced, Hat Trick, Dualist, Master of Storms

Just my opinion.
Any disagreements i had were in the honorable mentions for the most part. I can agree to this. And as far as Erron Black goes, I agree that he has no bottom 5 variation. But overall I think Erron Black is in contention for bottom 5-10 as a whole.

Any disagreements i had were in the honorable mentions for the most part. I can agree to this. And as far as Erron Black goes, I agree that he has no bottom 5 variation. But overall I think Erron Black is in contention for bottom 5-10 as a whole.
Did they nerf Erron Black at all? I remember reading a while ago that he was top 1 or top 2 tier in mkx, something about how his extended combos were easily canceled into his command grab and how his sand toss stun move was also easily confirmed after any string to extend the combos without any need for a meter?

Last edited: