What's new

Discussion Top 5 worst characters?

This isn't another "top tier" discussion. I want to know who you guys think are the top 5 WORST characters in this game? I'm talking about the worst characters with their variation. So you might think certain character is good but one of his variations is awful. Give me the lowest tier characters that you doubt can ever win a tournament, stuff like that. I want to play one of them because well I want to see how good I can get with them just for a challenge because I suck at MKX so I don't mind getting wrecked but still fun to win a round with one of these guys.

So do you mean a whole character or a variation?

Variation-wise:

Balanced Kenshi
Hat Trick Lao (apparently has two zillion whiffing problems)
Unbreakable Sub
Ancestral Kung Jin
Maybe one of Tanya's variations? @Vak Phoenix

Edit: Put Cyber Sub-Zero on #5 instead of Tanya, his badness is not to be forgotten.
I mean the worst character or variation, like for example kenshi might be mid tier in two of his variations but let's say balanced kenshi is really bad so he'd go on this list.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
According to what people can do with these so called "worst character", I think that every character in MKX can do very well and there are no real "not deserve my time" character.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cyber Sub-Zero, Balanced Kenshi, any of Bo Rai Cho's variations, Unbreakable Sub-Zero, and Hat Trick Lao. Then there are characters like Cybernetic Kano, Metallic and Aftershock Tremor, Outlaw Erron Black, Cryomancer Sub-Zero, Fisticuffs Cage and Buzzsaw Lao that aren't bottom tier per say, but don't really serve a purpose in the game.

Edit: Tanya is the worst character in the game, once again I forgot she existed.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
As far as level of power, finding the lowest common denominator doesn't interest me. Calling out sucky characters does though. Good thing that NRS did a great job with all but just a few characters...

Suckiest characters...

1) Kung Jin - "I'm gay and the Shaolin don't understand. My dad is famous so I can't hide. That makes me sad..." :(
2) D'Vorah - "We speak as a plurality because I'm a bug person with a hive mentality. Tentacle and goo attacks for everyone!" :rolleyes:

These characters are just lazy. Beyond their archetypes, that have absolutely zero personality - IMO.

Skedar70

Noob
Warrior Predator
Bo Rai Cho( I think he is not good across all variations you can easily zone him out so he actually never gets to use any of his good tools)
Fisticuffs Cage

Maybe Ancestral Kung Jin but I actually came across a good one a while ago so no so sure about this one.

Not sure about unbreakable sub zero since I have never played someone actually trying with him.