What's new

Discussion Top 5 worst characters?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I could be biased because I use Kitana, but based on what I've seen and played (good players at that), ancestral is pretty bad lol
Ancestral doesn't even do that bad against Kitana, according to REO Slayer claims Ancestral is good/the best to use against her. I mean it's one thing to say "good players" but the player doesn't make the variation good, they're just good players. Not to discredit your claim or the players but who else even plays Ancestral at high level? Anyone I've seen is hugely unoptimal. But Ancestral isn't bottom 5 bad. This is why I'm asking people to explain why they think that but for the most part I can guarantee most people can't and are just saying it because they don't know the variation/have never fought it lol.

Inb4 "because stun arrow has a timer" :DOGE

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
My Nominations for "Bottom 5"

Hat Trick Lao (his setups are so dangerous to use now after the patch, usually being negative or unsafe on block)

Dragon Naginata Tanya (This variation is just awful and gimmicky due to unorthodox normals and specials; would never use this variation over Pyro to be honest)

Thunder God Raiden (TG is a shell of his former self and feels outclassed by Displacer in many ways; Raiden in general just feels low tier now)

Drunken Master Bo Rai Cho (He gets zoned wayyy too easily and just has clunky mix-ups; neutral game and footsies also appears to be lacking in my opinion, appearing to be inferior compared to Bartitsu)

Only picked 4, because laziness, and I can't think of any other characters who have deplorable and awful variations.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Metallic Tremor
Master of Storms Raiden
Unbreakable Sub Zero
Hat Trick Kung Lao
Dragon Naginata Tanya

These variations IMO all either suck at what they're designed to do (ex. Unbreakable) or they just don't really do anything at all, on top of being a shitty base character (ex. Metallic and Master of Storms)

Youphemism

My Nominations for "Bottom 5"

Hat Trick Lao (his setups are so dangerous to use now after the patch, usually being negative or unsafe on block)

Dragon Naginata Tanya (This variation is just awful and gimmicky due to unorthodox normals and specials; would never use this variation over Pyro to be honest)

Thunder God Raiden (TG is a shell of his former self and feels outclassed by Displacer in many ways; Raiden in general just feels low tier now)

Drunken Master Bo Rai Cho (He gets zoned wayyy too easily and just has clunky mix-ups; neutral game and footsies also appears to be lacking in my opinion, appearing to be inferior compared to Bartitsu)

Only picked 4, because laziness, and I can't think of any other characters who have deplorable and awful variations.
Drunken Master is better than Bartitsu. Him getting zoned is a bill, he has an invincible roll he can use to get in.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Ancestral doesn't even do that bad against Kitana, according to REO Slayer claims Ancestral is good/the best to use against her. I mean it's one thing to say "good players" but the player doesn't make the variation good, they're just good players. Not to discredit your claim or the players but who else even plays Ancestral at high level? Anyone I've seen is hugely unoptimal. But Ancestral isn't bottom 5 bad. This is why I'm asking people to explain why they think that but for the most part I can guarantee most people can't and are just saying it because they don't know the variation/have never fought it lol.

Inb4 "because stun arrow has a timer" :DOGE
I wonder why he would say that. I've played slayer before and he used shaolin on me and that would be the best variation to use against her imo. At least against RS.

I don't see why someone would use ancestral against RS. The reflect and any version of lift beats any arrow he throws out. Not to mention he gets outzoned and it's hard for him to even set up arrows if he's getting zoned.

Maybe he knows something i don't. I gotta play him again lol

Youphemism

I wonder why he would say that. I've played slayer before and he used shaolin on me and that would be the best variation to use against her imo. At least against RS.

I don't see why someone would use ancestral against RS. The reflect and any version of lift beats any arrow he throws out. Not to mention he gets outzoned and it's hard for him to even set up arrows if he's getting zoned.

Maybe he knows something i don't. I gotta play him again lol
Because you can low arrow under the fans for a full combo.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Because you can low arrow under the fans for a full combo.
You're not doing that on reaction tho. She recovers in time. And again, with the threat of reflect and lift, that's very hard to do.

And that's poor reasoning lol. That's like saying Sonya does fine against Kitana because she dive kicks fans for a full combo or lao beats kitana because he teleport fans for a full combo, and she beats those 2.

But I don't wanna derail the thread. This is about the 5 worst characters.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So do you mean a whole character or a variation?

Variation-wise:

Balanced Kenshi
Hat Trick Lao (apparently has two zillion whiffing problems)
Unbreakable Sub
Ancestral Kung Jin
Maybe one of Tanya's variations? @Vak Phoenix

Edit: Put Cyber Sub-Zero on #5 instead of Tanya, his badness is not to be forgotten.
I don't think ancestral is bottom 5. He needs help but I don't think he's that low.

Unbreakable sub
Cyber sub
Dragon naginata
Fisticuffs
Whatever variation Sonya uses that drone

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
From my experience, she never gave me a problem regardless of what character I was playing. Then again, it's been months upon months since I've played a special forces player. So something could've changed since then
I'm only asking because I literally don't know. Iv never played a good Special Forces player, she just seems solid at first glance.