What's new

Discussion Top 5 worst characters?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Did they nerf Erron Black at all? I remember reading a while ago that he was top 1 or top 2 tier in mkx, something about how his extended combos were easily canceled into his command grab and how his sand toss stun move was also easily confirmed after any string to extend the combos?
Outlaw was busted at launch, but yes to keep it short and sweet: he has been needed a lot at his core. Not all of Erron Black's changes were bad for him, Gunslinger specific specials actually got a lot of help and he is pretty good now. But Erron Black's core moves have been changed a lot. It's very likely he was top tier in the vanilla version of the game, but that could also have been the fact that the best player in the world was running with him. Now he barely uses him. I don't think Erron Black is a bad character at all. There are a lot of benefits to using him, but I just think he lacks the pure fuckery of other MKX characters.

Outlaw was busted at launch, but yes to keep it short and sweet: he has been needed a lot at his core. Not all of Erron Black's changes were bad for him, Gunslinger specific specials actually got a lot of help and he is pretty good now. But Erron Black's core moves have been changed a lot. It's very likely he was top tier in the vanilla version of the game, but that could also have been the fact that the best player in the world was running with him. Now he barely uses him. I don't think Erron Black is a bad character at all. There are a lot of benefits to using him, but I just think he lacks the pure fuckery of other MKX characters.
Ah ok, so he was busted at launch then got nerfed, makes sense now, thanks.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Erron Black is probably the only character in the game who received tons of nerfs but still remains viable lol. Outlaw might be obsolete in most ways but it's not completely obsolete, it has the best armor out of his 3 variations, it's easily one of the worst armored launchers but it's the only EB variation with one so there's that.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Erron Black is probably the only character in the game who received tons of nerfs but still remains viable lol. Outlaw might be obsolete in most ways but it's not completely obsolete, it has the best armor out of his 3 variations, it's easily one of the worst armored launchers but it's the only EB variation with one so there's that.
Erron has usable armor in all variations though. The significance isn't as large as going from Blood God to War God or Summoner to Warlock.

Also, to all those who thought vanilla Erron was top 3, it was nothing but classic PTSD (Post Traumatic Sonicfox Disorder) which I might add also ended up getting KITANA nerfed. The only real significant difference was command grab being +20 on hit, and nerfing that only screwed Marksman. People hadn't yet realized how to OS the tick grabs and that his mids didn't really check any boxes.

Tweedy

Noob
Erron's armor in outlaw is his worst armor, isn't it? I know it launches but it's so easy to blow up, in comparison to slide and ultimate tackle.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Go drunken master or dragon breath, hands down funnest character/variations in the game. They struggle with a lot but so fun and pretty devastating in the corner.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Pyromancer Tanya
I think DN is worse than Pyromancer

Erron's armor in outlaw is his worst armor, isn't it? I know it launches but it's so easy to blow up, in comparison to slide and ultimate tackle.
But slide and command grab are available in Outlaw too. He just got an extra armor to use. Keep in mind that armor moves can be used in many situations, not just for waking up

She doesn't have 50/50s and she's nothing like cryo sub
I thinks I worded the ? in a weird way, is the execution level to pull off kitana's special move kombos easy, medium or hard and which variation do you like the best, assassin or royal storms and why thanks for your time!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
People hadn't yet realized how to OS the tick grabs and that his mids didn't really check any boxes.
Despite post on post in the EB sub on how to full combo punish the tick throws. Also, don't forget his ex grenade receiving pushback, imo that was easily his biggest nerf.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I still don't believe there is a variation left in the game that can be 100% MK9 Kano/Sheeva level written off.
That being said, in terms of being completely invalidated either by other members of the cast or by a character's better variation options:

1. Balanced Kenshi - he's been my guy since the very beginning, the one I wanted to 100% main but couldn't because up until recently he literally wasn't worth the effort, but he's also debateably been the subject of the most scrutiny and debate as far as shit variations go since the beginning who hasn't been addressed in at least some meaningful way or another, with the possible exception of Hat Trick Lao. There is literally no sane competitive/tournament-viability-related reason or advantage to choose Balanced over Kenjutsu or Possessed. None.

2. Metallic Tremor - my actual game-life-long main, who was unnecessarily nerfed - I'm sorry, if there's at least one character in the game they took the nerf bat to too hard because initially he was fucking decent and reasonable design wise, it's Tremor - but still maintains validity. Just not in Metallic. At all.

3. Drunken Master Bo Rai Cho - there isn't a solid zoner in this game that can't outmatch him, and this game is literally the antithesis of defense and zoning.

4. Cyber Sub-Zero - the MK equivalent of the Madden Curse. the second coming of IGAU Scorpion. the literal embodiment of #NeverAllowedToLive. the tragic lovechild of an ass-par character build and overwhelming fearmongering. I mourn for you, Robo Frio.

5. Hat Trick Kung Lao - because I have no earthly fucking idea how a character as overall versatile and capable as Lao can be so soundly fucked in the face with his own hat as he is in this variation compared to Tempest or Buzz Saw. I want to buy @Eddy Wang a beer one day so he understands how much I feel his pain, because this is the only variation of Lao I had any interest at fucking all in playing and it's just all of the wrong kinds of butt.

That is all.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I thinks I worded the ? in a weird way, is the execution level to pull off kitana's special move kombos easy, medium or hard and which variation do you like the best, assassin or royal storms and why thanks for your time!
She's not hard but she's not a character you can just pick up, if that makes sense. Her combos are require run cancels and good timing, so if you're good at that, then you'll be fine.

I like RS the most because it's fits my playstyle the best but assassin is probably the best atm. I use both a lot.

She's not hard but she's not a character you can just pick up, if that makes sense. Her combos are require run cancels and good timing, so if you're good at that, then you'll be fine.

I like RS the most because it's fits my playstyle the best but assassin is probably the best atm. I use both a lot.
Thank you, it helps, and I assume when you mean she has a run cancel , that you are referring to a projectile(fan toss) run cancel, as in. F11xxdf2(hold the 2)~f,f+R2~basic move(punch)or a basic kombo(f22)or into a special move kombo(f11xxdb2), Can cryomancer do this with his ice balls or is this just limited to certain characters or can all characters do projectile run cancels as a way to obtain advantage, keep pressure in a block string and extend their kombos

Thank you, it helps, and I assume when you mean she has a run cancel , that you are referring to a projectile(fan toss) run cancel, as in. F11xxdf2(hold the 2)~f,f+R2~basic move(punch)or a basic kombo(f22)or into a special move kombo(f11xxdb2), Can cryomancer do this with his ice balls or is this just limited to certain characters or can all characters do projectile run cancels as a way to obtain advantage, keep pressure in a block string and extend their kombos
Kitana doesn't have any fireball run cancels, or in her case fan run cancels, I think you're confusing that with regular run cancels which kitana uses for her combos. Raiden,scorpion,d'vorah and a few others have fireball run cancels but kitana doesn't. What he's talking about with Kitana's run cancels is for example you do f112,fan toss,jump-in kick,fan toss,run cancel, then follow up with more hits while they're in the air.

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
"that you doubt can ever win a tournament"

Aftershock
Outlaw
CSZ
Drunken Master
Unbreakable
Sector
Cryax
Balanced Genshin

Idk anything that isn't Milena or Alien lol.
This has to be a troll. Aftershock is better than Metallic. Sektor and Cyrax but no CSZ? Bruh

Kitana doesn't have any fireball run cancels, or in her case fan run cancels, I think you're confusing that with regular run cancels which kitana uses for her combos. Raiden,scorpion,d'vorah and a few others have fireball run cancels but kitana doesn't. What he's talking about with Kitana's run cancels is for example you do f112,fan toss,jump-in kick,fan toss,run cancel, then follow up with more hits while they're in the air.
That's what I figured it is an ordinary run post juggle, so as to keep hitting the opponent, but just wanted to make sure, go to google and search "Mkx run cancels" and a video is available by supermansajam, and he says there are quite a few character with the projectile run cancel he just named max, dvorah, raiden and scorpion
Thanks for your help, btw which is your favorite kitana variation assassin or royal storm, and why?