What's new

Top 5 NRS players of all time

In your opinion, who is your top 5 NRS players who is great at ALL 3 games?

• Sonicfox

• DJT

• ForeverKing

• MIT

• Foxy Grampa

• Slayer

• Wound Cowboy

• REO

• Perfect Legend

• Pig of the Hut

• Other (if so, reply in the thread who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
For you or anyone else curious to know who were the top players in mk9, @CrimsonShadow 's http://mkirankings.com/ does a decent job of atleast providing a snapshot of the skill levels during the highest competitive era of mk9's life span which was around most of 2012 and beginning of 2013.

Data is missing from 2011 and most of 2013 but I think for the most part gives an accurate idea of atleast how good someone was in mk9's life span imo. Check out the top 50 and see how the times have changed from then.

Btw , I think the only things that matter for any ranking is consistency of tournament placements in relation to the competition at the tournament which includes the whole life span of the game. I think it is a little unfair to disregard tournaments for an all time ranking just because they happened during the first year of the game. Therefore my top 5 in no order is:

Sonic,
Forever King,
Pig of the Hut,
DJT,
Wound Cowboy

Honourable mentions:
Perfect Legend,
REO,
MIT
I was excited to go over this list until I read that Crimson Shadow did the website/list and it really shows...

But thank you for the resource anyway. Hopefully I can go back and find archives of some of these tournaments on youtube and watch them there. The mlg stuff is usually harder to find tho.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
The atlantic ocean did the titanic no favours, and ForeverKing plenty.... :DOGE

Biggest NRS tournament in history was EVO 2015, had more entrants than all mk9 evos combined.
I'd also go far enough to say that the further down the line of NRS games competition got harder.
MK9 was mainly just east coast business.
Inj1 introduced the threat of the west coast
MKX introduced international competition, with each advancement, top players from beforehand have dropped off. Is this due to the game, or the expanded player base?
I meant biggest as far as importance not attendance, he was the first MK EVO champion, and repeated. I think that is huge honestly, but i see your point as well

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
"I would be in the top 5 if I didn't spend my time entertaining, so you have to respect me as a top 5 player anyway"

That is some logic that just makes me SMH hard. There's countless people that could be top 5 if they dedicated every moment of their lives to achieving it. Except most people got other things they wanna/gotta do. You're either top 5 or you're not, as f0xy said it's absolutely on you if you aren't there because you doing other shit

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
One thing I really REALLY don't want make a return to Injustice 2 is all the low profiling attacks that are in MKX. It's ridiculous how many different characters low profile. Cassie's D3, Shinnok's D4, Cage D4, Triborg D3, Mileena D3, the list goes on and on.

It's so annoying, being able to do something minus on block then just mash low profile to beat your opponent's mids. Mileena does something minus on block, I mash D1 and she just ball rolls under it for a full combo. You can see the D1 come out but it just gets beat clean. In MK9 and Injustice there were only like 1 or 2 characters in the game with good low profiling attacks, in MKX it almost feels like half the cast has low profiling shit. I hope Injustice 2 goes back to only having 1 or 2 characters with good low profiling attacks.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
This is the most elitist community I've ever seen. It's all title prop fishing and fake validation from a really small community.

No wonder this community never grows, it's gets clout from a new release with a few new members and then begins to dwindle down to the same fucking bullshit.

If you're good and you want validation share your knowledge with the community and try to grow.

Who cares if anyone is top 3 out of a couple hundred, if that, people? This is the type of shit that pushes people away, not brings them in.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The No Fun brigade is here.
Nah. You got it all wrong.

I'm all for the resume talk. Talk pedigree all you want. It's legitimately interesting.

But you can clearly see agendas when posters are chipping away at every accolade in order to pump up their favorite player.

Plus, is it really unreasonable to ask, "How much should EVO accomplishments be worth?"

Don't overreact, now.

EMPEROR PRYCE

The No Fun brigade is here.

You work for the fucking company that makes these games. Care about the progression of the community rather than make these sarcastic good for nothing posts.

Back when you were part of GGA you had passion and actually brought hype, now your just a sarcastic asshole no one gives a fuck about that has that "I'm better than you" look everytime you sit down for a Kombat Kast.

This community is becoming sad trash and it's sad because I used to love it. I really did, SMH.

Rude

You work for the fucking company that makes these games. Care about the progression of the community rather than make these sarcastic good for nothing posts.

Back when you were part of GGA you had passion and actually brought hype, now your just a sarcastic asshole no one gives a fuck about that has that "I'm better than you" look everytime you sit down for a Kombat Kast.

This community is becoming sad trash and it's sad because I used to love it. I really did, SMH.
What the fuck???

Too far.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

KOOL

EMPEROR PRYCE

What the fuck???

Too far.
How did I go to far? By telling him how it is? I'm not attacking his personal being, I used to love the hype he brings. Now all it is is just sarcastic posts and bullshit.

Just sick of this bullshit is all man. You tend to disagree with me regardless, so feel how you want. No changing that, just realize you'll be defending a man who won't even defend himself.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
One thing I really REALLY don't want make a return to Injustice 2 is all the low profiling attacks that are in MKX. It's ridiculous how many different characters low profile. Cassie's D3, Shinnok's D4, Cage D4, Triborg D3, Mileena D3, the list goes on and on.

It's so annoying, being able to do something minus on block then just mash low profile to beat your opponent's mids. Mileena does something minus on block, I mash D1 and she just ball rolls under it for a full combo. You can see the D1 come out but it just gets beat clean. In MK9 and Injustice there were only like 1 or 2 characters in the game with good low profiling attacks, in MKX it almost feels like half the cast has low profiling shit. I hope Injustice 2 goes back to only having 1 or 2 characters with good low profiling attacks.
You and me both. My most hated thing about this game is how you can't even rely on a good mid not to get low profiled.

This is the most elitist community I've ever seen. It's all title prop fishing and fake validation from a really small community.

No wonder this community never grows, it's gets clout from a new release with a few new members and then begins to dwindle down to the same fucking bullshit.

If you're good and you want validation share your knowledge with the community and try to grow.

Who cares if anyone is top 3 out of a couple hundred, if that, people? This is the type of shit that pushes people away, not brings them in.

Nailed it tbh

Rude

How did I go to far? By telling him how it is? I'm not attacking his personal being, I used to love the hype he brings. Now all it is is just sarcastic posts and bullshit.

Just sick of this bullshit is all man. You tend to disagree with me regardless, so feel how you want. No changing that, just realize you'll be defending a man who won't even defend himself.
Look, I'm of the mind that pedigree talk is great but ultimately pointless and done just for fun. Unless you have a resume like Fox it's nothing that will ever really be settled, but it's harmless talk.

Take a Valium or something and relax.

Wigy

There it is...
These top players man...

Does your opinion on game balance etc hold more weight if you're placing in tournaments. Yes

Do you get to be a complete dick 24/7, listen to nobody else, blame the comminity for everything and spent 99% of your time prop fishing. No

Random idiots who nobody knows saying stupid shit isnt what makes the community look bad, its the top players.

didn't an individual in this thread considered a top player get caught rigging pools to get the best chance to win and then cry over it? And their in here going on about how great they were in mk9.

Edit: i've met most of the top players from EU and dont have a nasty thing to say about any of them. All humble friendly and helpful.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
These top players man...

Does your opinion on game balance etc hold more weight if you're placing in tournaments. Yes

Do you get to be a complete dick 24/7, listen to nobody else, blame the comminity for everything and spent 99% of your time prop fishing. No

Random idiots who nobody knows saying stupid shit isnt what makes the community look bad, its the top players.
I'm a random idiot and I completely agree.

Rude

So anyway, I think an EVO Championship matters probably more than a handful of top 8s. A lot of posters I've spoken to on here try to tell me that EVO doesn't "matter" as much as other events because it isn't technically catered to the NRS scene. I don't agree with that.

Just about everyone goes to EVO. Now, I don't think getting a championship in say, MK9 means you're the greatest ever. But if you make top 8 in 2/3 NRS games or 3/3 and have the medals to show for it, i would say you're a lock for top 3/5. Just my opinion.