What's new

Top 5 NRS players of all time

In your opinion, who is your top 5 NRS players who is great at ALL 3 games?

• Sonicfox

• DJT

• ForeverKing

• MIT

• Foxy Grampa

• Slayer

• Wound Cowboy

• REO

• Perfect Legend

• Pig of the Hut

• Other (if so, reply in the thread who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
No I agree w @cR WoundCowboy

The only thing 2015 proved is when a bunch of people move into a house together and do nothing but play MKX they dominate for a temporary period of time because of being able to play it 24/7 but in the end no matter how hard they try, how much they play or what tiers they all pick the Cream rises to the top and then that Cream comes into that building and wins 10-9 in a bad MU then eliminates "THE 3rd Best NRS player" at evo to make top8
Well Yomi wasn't the same 2016 as it was 2015. We all disbanded around October 2015. So who knows if we would have continued our dominance or not had we stuck together all of 2016 and did the same exact thing we did in 2015. I'd also like to say that me Slayer and Michael Angelo still made some key top 8's in 2016 anyways, on our own without the training of Yomi.

Most important of all Cowboy was not playing in a bad matchup in our first to 10. Shinnok vs Lao/Pred were definitley 5-5 matchups. I'm not really going to open that can of worms because Cowboy isn't honest about his characters so there is no point in arguing, it won't get anywhere

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well Yomi wasn't the same 2016 as it was 2015. We all disbanded around October 2015. So who knows if we would have continued our dominance or not had we stuck together all of 2016 and did the same exact thing we did in 2015. I'd also like to say that me Slayer and Michael Angelo still made some key top 8's in 2016 anyways, on our own without the training of Yomi.

Most important of all Cowboy was not playing in a bad matchup in our first to 10. Shinnok vs Lao/Pred were definitley 5-5 matchups. I'm not really going to open that can of worms because Cowboy isn't honest about his characters so there is no point in arguing, it won't get anywhere
Yea he still says sinestro is shit lol (no options)

I feel like Michaelangelo is the most consistent and most impressive yomi member, you second then slayer probably. Djt/MIT I kinda don't count since they're back and stopped playing the game sort of.

Michaelangelo is an interesting case not a single person has brought up. He was two matches I believe from top 8 winners evo 2013, 2011 in two different games and then got it 2016. I'm not saying at all he's top 3 but he's a fun topic

People forget his dominance in mk9 early on

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah alot of people are too scared to get blown up or something to make a thread like this. I guess I'll catch all the flack and look like an ass so everyone else can have a good time :)
No you're good

If anything you've added so many cool points doing this thread lol. I almost wanna vote u top3

ForeverKing

I feel like Michaelangelo is the most consistent and most impressive yomi member, you second then slayer probably. Djt/MIT I kinda don't count since they're back and stopped playing the game sort of.

Michaelangelo is an interesting case not a single person has brought up. He was two matches I believe from top 8 winners evo 2013, 2011 in two different games and then got it 2016. I'm not saying at all he's top 3 but he's a fun topic

Michael stopped playing MK9 and Injustice super early that's why. Yeah I think Michael Angelo is interesting because he plays way differently than most people. You won't find another MKX player with a similar playstyle than him. He mastered all the interactables which makes it super annoying to try to pin him down anywhere

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati

Excuse me sir. Characters can sometimes duck fear blast when dashing forward. I would call that the struggle. Isn't that why you made this avatar picture?

ForeverKing

No you're good

If anything you've added so many cool points doing this thread lol. I almost wanna vote u top3
I mean I'm not seeing any debates of anyone taking my 3rd spot lol. All I've seen in this thread is "How come Perfect Legend isn't higher" or "I think Wound should be top 3" or "King definitely isn't top 3"

But I haven't seen any legitamate explanation like the long post I gave for my top 5, as to who could possibly take my 3rd place spot. Anyone who's better than me in MK9, they aren't better than me in Injustice nor MKX. Anyone who's better than me in MKX, they aren't better than me in MK9 nor Injustice. And anyone who's better than me in Injustice, they aren't better than me in MKX nor MK9. The only exceptions being Sonicfox and DJT, obviously

I have like the perfect balance of the 3 games. If I played everyone in the world in all 3 NRS games, I could almost guarantee I would beat them in 2 out of the 3 games for sure. Unless their names are DJT or Sonicfox

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Excuse me sir. Characters can sometimes duck fear blast when dashing forward. I would call that the struggle. Isn't that why you made this avatar picture?
Avatar pic was made before sinestro got his Buffs 2x

No one remembers:
Df2 a high
Throw 7%?
Slower trait charge
B12 high

There was something else but I can't remember what it was

Pig Of The Hut

I mean I'm not seeing any debates of anyone taking my 3rd spot lol. All I've seen in this thread is "How come Perfect Legend isn't higher" or "I think Wound should be top 3" or "King definitely isn't top 3"

But I haven't seen any legitamate explanation like the long post I gave for my top 5, as to who could possibly take my 3rd place spot. Anyone who's better than me in MK9, they aren't better than me in Injustice nor MKX. Anyone who's better than me in MKX, they aren't better than me in MK9 nor Injustice. And anyone who's better than me in Injustice, they aren't better than me in MKX nor MK9. The only exceptions being Sonicfox and DJT, obviously
@16 Bit can you help king? He has a case of selective reading

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What triggers me is this massive retcon where we're pretending early game tournaments are not weighed down heavily when the game reaches more optimal play. Like we all know this but King is pretending otherwise.

IMAGINE 2012 King deferring to Chris G on MK9.

Come on man you're fooling no one.

ForeverKing

What triggers me is this massive retcon where we're pretending early game tournaments are not weighed down heavily when the game reaches more optimal play. Like we all know this but King is pretending otherwise.

No the top level play is towards the end of the game's life, I agree 100%. All I'm saying is you can't totally ignore the first year a game's life, it has some merit even if it's little. Also there are people who are good from beginning of a game's life to end of a game's life, which are better than people who are only good at the end of game's life in my opinion.

ForeverKing

Oh I see what you're saying, you're talking about the MIT vs Cowboy debate? Now that I think about it, Cowboy probably does take MKX over MIT in the long run

Matix218

Get over here!
This thread is exactly what has been missing from the community for several years. This thread creates a potential hype scenario if King and Cowboy meet in tournament. This is why tournaments used to be so hype, because we had a few of these type of debates/arguments/people who truly believe they are better than someone else and are not afraid to say it in public (be in on TYM or on KTP or whatever) that would come to a head at the big major tournaments for all of us to see. It is entertaining and fun to see this again and I hope this kind of thing continues among the top players. Dont be afraid to call someone out or make a claim in public, it is good for the scene. Unfortunately for a few key reasons it will just never be as hype as it could be (one reason being that Sonic Fox is essentially damn near unbeatable and the other reason is because the person who generally started most of the pot-stirring that lead to stuff like this is 16 bit and he works for NRS now so he cant do that anymore) but it is nice to be able to go on TYM and see arguments/drama that spawns good conversation and a potential hype match at a future tournament. Good stuff.

haketh

Noob
Nope

Look at srk: no top players post, there's a reason. 99% of people posting are aids. Also ask many people and they will tell you NAZI mods stopping top players from regulating ended that dream years ago.
^

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, exactly what happened on SRK when SFIV came out. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many new people joined, not enough mods, not enough mods that were smart enough to give dumbasses the boot, most top players left.

ForeverKing

This thread is exactly what has been missing from the community for several years. This thread creates a potential hype scenario if King and Cowboy meet in tournament. This is why tournaments used to be so hype, because we had a few of these type of debates/arguments/people who truly believe they are better than someone else and are not afraid to say it in public (be in on TYM or on KTP or whatever) that would come to a head at the big major tournaments for all of us to see. It is entertaining and fun to see this again and I hope this kind of thing continues among the top players. Dont be afraid to call someone out or make a claim in public, it is good for the scene. Unfortunately for a few key reasons it will just never be as hype as it could be (one reason being that Sonic Fox is essentially damn near unbeatable and the other reason is because the person who generally started most of the pot-stirring that lead to stuff like this is 16 bit and he works for NRS now so he cant do that anymore) but it is nice to be able to go on TYM and see arguments/drama that spawns good conversation and a potential hype match at a future tournament. Good stuff.
I don't think Sonic winning alot is a bad thing. If anything, all it's doing is building up hype. Now whenever Sonic even gets close to losing it's a huge blow up waiting to happen. He wins so much that now it's super hype for the community to see him lose

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
WOW...some people said CDJR. Lets be real about this. He was great at MK9, but he abandoned the ol' NRS ship once KI dropped, so we can't call him a top 5 NRS player. However, he terrorized the KI community for a year before Rico caught up. He is a excellent fighting game player, but no top 5 NRS player.

My honest non trolling list;

1. Sonic
2. DJT
3. REO
4. PL/Pig
5. M.I.T.

The one thing you learn from this thread is who is consistent with these games. Never thought I would see so many players from MK9 still relevant in 2017.