What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
Because characters like superman can bait your dash with lasers then do f+23 into your depleting life bar

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
There are ways around it, but I do agree that it isnt as simple as dash block dash block. It just takes patience and good knowledge

just reading these comments shows how foolish so many of you are how on earth can you judge a character thats not even been out a week Lobo is unexplored how can you place him in a tier list let alone know hes bad a lot of you here are stupid.
you thing you spend 5 mins with a character and be able to form an opinion a lot of you dont have a clue about balancing let alone tier list you are just wasting your time here.
its takes month to fully explore all the characters full potential stop making silly list this early.
right now all characters are viable.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Can't wait for the post-UFGT tier list where we see some of these mid tier chars go to S+

Also to everyone saying the game is unbalanced, yes I agree. Zoning is a plus, if you don't have it, you're at a disadvantage. Many of the best zoning chars also have the best tools upclose. Getting "in" on zoners often means you are now at an even or disadvantage playing field.
Characters like Black Adam, Batman, Doomsday, Nightwing, and many more are all top tier characters with a very good rush down game and limited zoning abilities.

I think you are just mad that you can longer frame trap people with the same move over and over again.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Characters like Black Adam, Batman, Doomsday, Nightwing, and many more are all top tier characters with a very good rush down game and limited zoning abilities.

I think you are just mad that you can longer frame trap people with the same move over and over again.
Of course I am. I tried using superman but kept pressing F3 instead of F2 so I had to drop him.

Either way, the top tier chars that aren't very good at zoning (those you listed and Aquaman included) have something totally absurd (normally their trait), that allows them to compete with zoners while also destroying other, non-zoning lower tier chars.

It isn't because they have answers to the zoning, its just because abuse something else. Chars that don't have something powerful to abuse really have trouble. Having the zoning advantage is huge in this game, if you can turtle while chipping them away, you get to control the pace of the match. Even chars you listed have some MUs that they can zone. Specials do MASSIVE chip in this game compared to other games that have prevalent zoning.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
Of course I am. I tried using superman but kept pressing F3 instead of F2 so I had to drop him.

Either way, the top tier chars that aren't very good at zoning (those you listed and Aquaman included) have something totally absurd (normally their trait), that allows them to compete with zoners while also destroying other, non-zoning lower tier chars.

It isn't because they have answers to the zoning, its just because abuse something else. Chars that don't have something powerful to abuse really have trouble. Either way, have the zoning advantage is huge in this game, if you can turtle while chipping them away, you get to control the pace of the match. Even chars you listed have some MUs that they can zone. Specials do MASSIVE chip in this game compared to other games that have prevalent zoning.
Since when has a FG been completely balanced, besides that don't you agree that this game is more balanced than MK9 ? IMHO characters in the ''bottom'' tier havent been fully explored so I wouldnt jump to conclusions yet, that aside there are characters that are awfull agaisnt zoners we cant deny that, but I think that is what NRS was aiming for. Instead of 1 character raping the whole cast its more MU based so people have to learn more than one character. IMO that gives the game diversity and makes it intresting for me.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I disagree with Harley being as low - she's definitely weak right now but I keep finding new tech that makes her mix-up much stronger. Overall this tier list is spot on though, great job!

no, you're actually just bad
what?? How does your statement prove Green Lantern is better than Sinestro. If I was bad I would lose to him everytime. Your comment makes no sense.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

It isn't because they have answers to the zoning, its just because abuse something else. Chars that don't have something powerful to abuse really have trouble. Either way, have the zoning advantage is huge in this game, if you can turtle while chipping them away, you get to control the pace of the match. Even chars you listed have some MUs that they can zone. Specials do MASSIVE chip in this game compared to other games that have prevalent zoning.
If Injustice is a zoning friendly game, then Mortal Kombat 9 is one of the most rush down friendly fighting games in modern history. Blocked pokes build lots of meter while projectiles build almost nothing. Cage and Kabal can put certain characters in such tight frame traps that escaping is almost impossible without the use of meter. Of course when you try to use meter, there is always a chance that your bar magically vanishes in thin air and that your EX move does not even come out.

You also have Kung Lao and Smoke in the game. These two characters beat all zoning characters in the game with the exception of Kabal. Kung Lao has the ability to stay in the air like ST Claw while Smoke has the ability to parry projectiles.

The difference between you and me is that I admit that I have a bias for my playing style. But I have seen you deny that the gameplay mechanics in MK favor rush down characters. Do you want every character in the game to have Kung Lao's dive kick and/or Smoke's bomb? I am not sure what you want.

coolwhip

Noob
If Injustice is a zoning friendly game, then Mortal Kombat 9 is one of the most rush down friendly fighting games in modern history. Blocked pokes build lots of meter while projectiles build almost nothing. Cage and Kabal can put certain characters in such tight frame traps that escaping is almost impossible without the use of meter. Of course when you try to use meter, there is always a chance that your bar magically vanishes in thin air and that your EX move does not even come out.

You also have Kung Lao and Smoke in the game. These two characters beat all zoning characters in the game with the exception of Kabal. Kung Lao has the ability to stay in the air like ST Claw while Smoke has the ability to parry projectiles.

The difference between you and me is that I admit that I have a bias for my playing style. But I have seen you deny that the gameplay mechanics in MK favor rush down characters. Do you want every character in the game to have Kung Lao's dive kick and/or Smoke's bomb? I am not sure what you want.
Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy being top tier (the first two being head and shoulders above everyone in the game) = super rush down friendly game?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Would it be that absurd? They gave everyone a Sonya EX Cartwheel that is also advantage on block.

Either way, I got eliminated from most tournaments in MK9 a supposed "rushdown oriented game" from 2 zoners, also the top 2 in the game. I don't believe for a second that "rushdown" is going to dominate this game. I could tell immediately that I don't want anything to do with rushdown in this game.

MK9 being considered rushdown oriented is a farce. The game is fast pace, definitely, but that doesn't equate to it being rushdown oriented.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I think Raven needs to be a littler higher, putting her in the same tier as Hawkgirl is a bit disturbing to me. Raven has 40% + combos off of a 7 frame attack,almost full screen frame traps, a teleport, full screen combo starter (trait), great jumping 2, a 13 frame string that puts her at +6 on block and leads to 40% damage on hit, above average corner pressure, good meter building, has a very easy time getting in on zoners. She lacks legit mixups and anti airs. But she's got everything else.
Dude hawkgirl is better than what most people believe.. As for cyborg goes outsife of his screen control, his struggles in almost every other aspect... Batman, aquaman,.and death stroke are much better...

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
Dude hawkgirl is better than what most people believe.. As for cyborg goes outsife of his screen control, his struggles in almost every other aspect... Batman, aquaman,.and death stroke are much better...

Only reason he is that high is because of infinite.. Take that away and he is A-

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy being top tier (the first two being head and shoulders above everyone in the game) = super rush down friendly game?
Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam = super zoning friendly game?

Come on. I can play the same game.

Besides, Kabal is an exception as he can zone as well as Kenshi in some match ups and rush down as well as Cage in some others.

Kenshi and Freddy are two the best examples of very good zoning characters in MK. The irony is that they still lose to rush down (Kabal) and anti-zoning strategies (Kung Lao and Smoke).

Also, you have Kano, Noob, Stryker, and Sindel. These characters are supposed to be zoning characters but are a disgrace to zoning. NRS completely botched them. They are useless.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Would it be that absurd? They gave everyone a Sonya EX Cartwheel that is also advantage on block.

Either way, I got eliminated from most tournaments in MK9 a supposed "rushdown oriented game" from 2 zoners, also the top 2 in the game. I don't believe for a second that "rushdown" is going to dominate this game. I could tell immediately that I don't want anything to do with rushdown in this game.

MK9 being considered rushdown oriented is a farce. The game is fast pace, definitely, but that doesn't equate to it being rushdown oriented.
I get eliminated by Kabal and Smoke all the time.

You are comparing MB b+3 / f+3 to Sonya's EX cartwheel? Stop trolling.

MK has a couple of great zoning characters, but the game mechanics (i.e., meter building from pokes, transition from blocking to attacking, meter drain glitches, etc.) definitely favor rush down characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kabal and Kenshi aren't just good zoning characters. They happen to have solid offenses as well (Kabal more so than Kenshi, but Kenshi isn't that bad off). Compared to Freddy, who doesn't have good offense.

Injustice's current dedicated zoners aren't that high up, either, with the exception of Cyborg. That's with the game mechanics favoring zoning characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No way green lantern isn't S tier. He's ridiculous.
Until you fight against anyone who makes him come close.

People still don't acknowledge how disadvantageous his lacking mobility can be. On top of his inability to do damage without meter, if you exclude f3.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
My only disagreements are Doomsday not being God Broken SSSSSSSS+++++++++++ Tier.
I think Doomsday is similar to Mileena in terms of gimmicks. It took the community an entire year to learn to punish telekicks, EX telekicks, and roll and it will probably take a year for the community to learn to block earth shake, punish shoulder charge, and push block MB shoulder charge.

Eshi

Noob
My only disagreements are Doomsday not being God Broken SSSSSSSS+++++++++++ Tier.
Doomsday is extremely beatable by most of the cast, especially after the patch since it nerfed jD3. He only destroys people that don't know the match-up.