What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sounds good in theory, but it won't work in a real match. ECT is coming up right? If Cyborg is so amazing, he BETTER win the tourney. I highly doubt that will happen.
How does it not work in a real match? Cyborg out zones everyone, all he needs is to get started and not fuck up on execution.

even though this is unofficial it sucks that one of the 4 characters i use is C tier but i have 2 in A+ tier and my main shazam in B tier. i use nightwing but could someone explain how he is or would be A+ tier? yes i understand his staff is God mode but what else makes him that high cuz idk

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Skkra

That is true, I guess I just don't like that kind of game. I understand if the goal is to go after the MVC3 market and if it becomes a 5 char game, so be it, I don't want to advocate that though.

If it was patched as regularly as a MOBA I would think the design makes sense. Yet people demand the game not be patched, and that somehow it being unbalanced makes it deeper.

Personally, I feel as though the metagame is being suppressed due to all the chars having to rely on their garbage. You abuse your crap or you don't have a chance. If you don't have stuff to exploit and you actually have to play the game honest, you're going to lose. Maybe a year from now those honest characters who have to work for their win can make a splash, but I highly doubt they will become top.

Also, i'm going to make a daring statement, but I really don't think its fun to fight against characters that have tools that mindlessly dominate matches. Fighting against Aquaman is surely not a fun fight for many because he has a trait that shuts tons of characters down. I don't see where the fun is from that, where your opponent can just press one button to shut you down, and take away your correct play/guesses.

Yet many chars with mechanics that require strategic use such as Flash or Bane fall by the wayside because of chars such as the above. They are not outclassed because of high-level play or strategies developed to combat them. It is simply through simple use of dominate tools.

As i've said many times, I hope for this assessment to be wrong, I really do. But watching play across the U.S. this is just reinforced everywhere I look.

How does it not work in a real match? Cyborg out zones everyone, all he needs is to get started and not fuck up on execution.
Exactly, if you do everything perfectly MAYBE it will work. No one is gonna do it perfectly. Like I said before, if he is so good, he better win the next tourney.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This shit is why tier lists should never be adhered to at all. It's so subjective to people's personal opinions that it's never reliable.

Case in point: Catwoman (she is listed as an A here) is listed below Grundy, WW, Bats, Deathstroke, and Cyborg in spite of the fact that she systematically destroys all 5 of them with just one knockdown.

So take these irrelevant lists with a grain of salt people. It all depends on the players in the end.
the fact that you think she destroys anyone off a knockdown is absurd. Especially someone who can wakeup and take 3 consecutive hits.
Or, ya know... just block and pushblock. Thx... try again.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I use Cyborg and he is grossly overrated. S+ with the block infinite is such a copout. How about we just rate him how he is on his current tools?

Because you know the day someone perfects the block infinite and puts the whole 100 man tournament into a full screen block infinite and walks away with thousands of dollars, he will be nerfed so ferociously the next day.

Footsies character with armor and range to make up for slowness but his trait is awful right now.

Plays a mean corner game too, I'd say one of the best if getting people to the corner wasn't so god damn difficult.
Agreed, his corner game is frightening but that doesn;t mean much in this game. There are many stages where after working your ass off hard, you aren;t even alowed to corner the opponent. They get away for free with the interactables or send you full screen again.

Reactions: RYX
Not too familiar with Black Adam, but doesn't he struggle against superman and green lantern? I can't remember his strings well enough but as I recall, he doesn;t have any low starters and if he does very few. Most of his stuff seems to hit mid and overhead.

SLy

Noob
then cy

Then Cyborg isn't S-tier either because he has bad match-ups even with an Infinite, and I'd LOVE to prove it against any Cyborg player.
I also feel Cyborg being S+ is an over exaggeration. Because its an infinite.. If its mastered at its highest level then it would make him S+.. However I think its BS... Without it he would be somewhere around A tier.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not too familiar with Black Adam, but doesn't he struggle against superman and green lantern? I can't remember his strings well enough but as I recall, he doesn;t have any low starters and if he does very few. Most of his stuff seems to hit mid and overhead.
right....
but he's built to whiff punish... not to pressure.
Superman doesn't have a low starter either.

Black Adam is the runaway version of Superman.

the fact that you think she destroys anyone off a knockdown is absurd. Especially someone who can wakeup and take 3 consecutive hits.
Or, ya know... just block and pushblock. Thx... try again.
I was just mentioning the knockdown to prove a point. She has alternative ways to beat said characters. If you play on PSN or whatever, I'd happily welcome you to prove me otherwise fool. If not keep silent...

Reactions: SLy

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I was just mentioning the knockdown to prove a point. She has alternative ways to beat said characters. If you play on PSN or whatever, I'd happily welcome you to prove me otherwise fool. If not keep silent...
i don't need you to play me to know character bias.

It is Clearly apparent we all have it... which was my point.

but hey....i enjoy being called a fool for proving you wrong ;)