What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

Amadeous

Noob
What is low? He can go 30%+ off most his starters.
He can but Consistency is key and the controls are a little muddy.

I'm going off of Aris's Deathstroke guide. He recommended a 24% damage BNB that pushes the opponent back far and seems more useful.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Bane worst character. Confirmed by Brady/REO. Alphabetical order is why he's ahead of Lobo.

Buffs plz
When someone asks me who the worst character in any game is, I can't help but think of this quote:

"People like to say that no matter how bad off your life is, there is always someone worse off than you. I guess it's a source of comfort. It's nice to know that while they're removing a bone from your throat, the man in the next room has a 400-pound tumor in his groin. But the idea that there is always someone worse off leads to the logical conclusion that somewhere in the world there is a person who is in worse shape than everybody else. Some guy who has almost six billion people doing better than he is. But, in reality, as you get down to the bottom of the bad-shape pile, it becomes harder and harder to know who's doing worse. Is a blind, paralyzed, maniac really better off than a three-foot, paraplegic imbecile? Tough call." -- George Carlin

Amadeous

Noob
When someone asks me who the worst character in any game is, I can't help but think of this quote:

"People like to say that no matter how bad off your life is, there is always someone worse off than you. I guess it's a source of comfort. It's nice to know that while they're removing a bone from your throat, the man in the next room has a 400-pound tumor in his groin. But the idea that there is always someone worse off leads to the logical conclusion that somewhere in the world there is a person who is in worse shape than everybody else. Some guy who has almost six billion people doing better than he is. But, in reality, as you get down to the bottom of the bad-shape pile, it becomes harder and harder to know who's doing worse. Is a blind, paralyzed, maniac really better off than a three-foot, paraplegic imbecile? Tough call." -- George Carlin
Sometimes there is a strictly worst character.

Look up Rachel in BlazBlue Continuum Shift 1.

Strictly the worst character by far. Mained her anyways and after the buff I was forced to learn so much about the character I became very good (and they only buffed her to B tier.)

Also Sheeva in MK9 I heard was very bad.

He can but Consistency is key and the controls are a little muddy.

I'm going off of Aris's Deathstroke guide. He recommended a 24% damage BNB that pushes the opponent back far and seems more useful.
I didn't watch his guide but 24% is definitely not his best BNB, it's possible to get F23 after 323 consistantly and you get a hard knockdown from the Sword Flip.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I just want to say, that I don't understand some people. Tier lists are opinions. That's what they are at the core, there can NEVER be a list that is 100% objective or one that is a fact or some sort of law. This tier list obviously holds more weight than others because two of the current best Injustice players (based on tournament performance) are the ones who devised it. With that said, it is still entirely their own personal opinions, it simply cannot, and will not, ever be different.

Tier lists are estimations of value. You're estimating a characters value, from their tools and their match-ups, to their viability and versatility. And what you have to understand about value is that it is, and can only be, subjective. So, after you've asked why a certain character is placed in a certain tier, and after you've been explained to based on the criteria I mentioned, at the end of the day, it will ALWAYS, ONLY, EVER... come back to, they just are. They just are because it's a subjective evaluation based on personal experience and knowledge.

Please stop acting like tier lists CAN EVER be perfect or "right". The only thing we can ever possibly do is make them as accurate as we can, and even then, not everyone will agree 100% on a tier list at any give time, because... tier lists aren't and can't be objective.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
People are too heavily under the assumption that B tier = trash tier. In a balanced game, a bottom 10 would STILL be tournament viable, despite being in, well the bottom 10. Especially in a game with a roster this small, even characters we think are lower on the end of the tier spectrum are only down there by a minuscule amount.

this guy berry smart people should listen to him

SLy

Noob
So let me get this straight - Ares is considered low mid already WITH his reset, and they're STILL going to patch that out? Fuck, that is retarded. Leave Ares' reset! I'm already getting blown up for it half the time as it is. At least leave it as an option.

All I can hope for is that NRS tries to patch his reset like they "patched" Cyrax's. Haha.
They did his placing based on him not having the reset.. Dont be fooled. Ares deserves to be in the exact spot though.

Just because Superman is super easy, doesn't mean Harley is bad. Thats a really BAD way to look at it.
I've seen 3 good Harley players, all unique in style, if you combined all of their styles together she'd be a fucking stupid character, she's already difficult to deal with.

If people stopped playing musical characters and hopping about every 5 minutes, maybe we'd find another character thats a diamond in the rough. But as far as I can see, ALOT of players on here are tier whores and will just follow the words preached by REO and Brady to the death.

There is no way this game is more unbalanced than MK, because when it came down to it, MK was ruled by the KKK, and nobody else.

Nothing to see here.....

Foxy, the only thing I am preaching is that I see at least 21 characters that can win and the others I dont have enough knowledge of to say anything for sure. The main thing I am "preaching" is that I am wrong on most of what is in this tier list, it was just a starting point for a discussion and in no way, shape, or form to be seen as anything factual.

I also agree with you that if people would stop character hoping and invest work into a character, we would see how a lot of these supposed "bad" characters are actually top.

Matix218

Get over here!
What is low? He can go 30%+ off most his starters.
Yeah that's as good as most of the cast, GL has to use meter to do anything 30+ and he is still an awesome character, plus deathstroke regulates at full screen (especially on certain stages). DS is really good (and IMO not broken, just top tier)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Lobo as the worst character in this game? Teir list needs to be explored more. Also Green Latern above Sinestro, hahahaha thats a joke.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Also to everyone saying the game is unbalanced, yes I agree. Zoning is a plus, if you don't have it, you're at a disadvantage. Many of the best zoning chars also have the best tools upclose. Getting "in" on zoners often means you are now at an even or disadvantage playing field.
The biggest problem with zoning in NRS games is that they seem to really enjoy the concept of an attack that (essentially) hits you instantly from anywhere on the screen. Aquaman's ground trident, Raven's gravity squeeze, Ermac's push, etc. This is very non-traditional zoning, and while some characters can punish those attacks from far away, not everyone can.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Also, I love the interactables and the strategy they build around controlling specific parts of the screen in each stage. They're fun. But I could also totally see them eventually being turned off in competitive play.

Omg I use a Top Tier for once in a game? This is a first :,,,D Id' like to thank my mom and dad...everyone from tym..lulz

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
"I'm a common TYM visitor who noticed my character is a lot lower than I want, so I'm going to come in, say this list is crap and provide NO explanation, and leave."

Seriously people, you just saying "this is wrong" isn't meaningful in the slightest. What is YOUR reasoning after all? And what position are you in to say your reasoning has more weight than the 2 people who crafted this list? They've done more extensive research on all of the characters than you ever have. Unless you have worthwhile input, going into the list and saying it's bad because your precious Lobo isn't S tier isn't doing anything.

SLy

Noob
The biggest problem with zoning in NRS games is that they seem to really enjoy the concept of an attack that (essentially) hits you instantly from anywhere on the screen. Aquaman's ground trident, Raven's gravity squeeze, Ermac's push, etc. This is very non-traditional zoning, and while some characters can punish those attacks from far away, not everyone can.
Agree but honestly Its not even that.. The Size of stages allows the Zoners to have ton of space to work with..It puts alot of extra stess on rushdown characters.. I think it can be solved by buffing the Walkspeed of rushdown characters. It'll help the balance between the two.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
Agree but honestly Its not even that.. The Size of stages allows the Zoners to have ton of space to work with..It puts alot of extra stess on rushdown characters.. I think it can be solved by buffing the Walkspeed of rushdown characters. It'll help the balance between the two.
I honestly dont see the problem in getting in on zoners. Explain me what your downfall is and ill try to relate

SLy

Noob
I honestly dont see the problem in getting in on zoners. Explain me what your downfall is and ill try to relate
Not really a problem for me.. But Ive seen how bad bane players have it lol. Maybe I overexaggerated it a little.

Eshi

Noob
I disagree with Harley being as low - she's definitely weak right now but I keep finding new tech that makes her mix-up much stronger. Overall this tier list is spot on though, great job!

Lobo as the worst character in this game? Teir list needs to be explored more. Also Green Latern above Sinestro, hahahaha thats a joke.
no, you're actually just bad

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
Not really a problem for me.. But Ive seen how bad bane players have it lol. Maybe I overexaggerated it a little.
I geuss, but the MU youre talking about is probably the worst in the game thats why Bane is probably low tier he falls apart agaisnt a half decent zoner.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Wonder Woman has to be moved up to S. Just because she hasn't been explored the way Batman, Deathstroke, Aquaman and Black Adam have been doesn't mean she belongs beneath them. She's a borderline OP character possibly even reaching S+ position.
Can I get some of that coke u snorting? Plz:(

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Exactly, I don't see what the big deal is. Just BLOCK > DASH > BLOCK > DASH and repeat as necessary.
Because characters like superman can bait your dash with lasers then do f+23 into your depleting life bar

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2