What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I recently talked to Tom Brady and REO, two testers and high level Injustice: GAU players, on Skype. I asked them to opine about a tier list after a month of the game’s release. The following is their tier list. The characters are listed in alphabetical order within each tier.

Updated tier list (05/14/2013).

S+ Cyborg
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Killer Frost, Superman
A+ Doomsday, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Raven, Solomon Grundy, Wonder Woman
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, The Flash
B Ares, Lex Luthor, Shazam, The Joker
C Bane, Lobo

This tier list is not official. I will also be making changes according to Tom's and REO's input.

Wonder Woman has to be moved up to S. Just because she hasn't been explored the way Batman, Deathstroke, Aquaman and Black Adam have been doesn't mean she belongs beneath them. She's a borderline OP character possibly even reaching S+ position.

Deathstroke needs to be moved down to A+ because his offense is nowhere near strong enough to match his fragile zoning.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Seems perfect. Btw I keep hearing about how awesome Wonderwoman is. Anyone have link to footage?

Neclord

Noob
I agree with this list.

Batman, Aquaman, Deathstroke and Superman being S tier was also my guess I mentioned in the other tier list thread a few days ago.

my only significant disagreements are Killer Frost and Deathstroke. I would flip them.

Otherwise I have no comments.
Play against a good Superman player with KF. Then you will notice her flaws and why Superman is the stronger character overall.

People keep in mind this is an early estimation based on Tom and Reo's experience level of selected characters at this time. If they would have mained Bane and Wonder Woman instead of Aquaman and Batman before launch then we would see a different position regarding those characters.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Harley would be much higher were it not for her matchups against strong zoners.
Against rushdown or versatility characters, she's almost always at 5-5- sometimes even at an advantage-
Then, she fights against Deathstroke, Superman, Aquaman, or Sinestro, and she gets crippled. by 7-3s or, in Aquaman's case- 8-2s. (maybe 9-1..)
Great Killer Frost placement. For real.
Could we have an OP update with Cyborg being placed somewhere without his block infinite- even though that would be a hypothetical situation?