What's new

Time to be real with Reptile

It's weird like that, also because dashes have a faster startup than rolls, rolls do still tend to have the advantage.
What a bitch lol. Maybe as reptile players we need to find a better way to do this mu. Its always possible that we have been doing it wrong this whole time, Idk

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What a bitch lol. Maybe as reptile players we need to find a better way to do this mu. Its always possible that we have been doing it wrong this whole time, Idk
Idk what you're talking about, I don't have too many problems from many Mileena's. Nowadays the only ones that ever really get in my skin are SonicFawks and Pig of the Hut. I think it's a 5-5 MU. You have to play some serious footsies in this Mu and bait stupid shit for punish...yes Mileena's do dumb shit, and often too.

Idk what you're talking about, I don't have too many problems from many Mileena's. Nowadays the only ones that ever really get in my skin are SonicFawks and Pig of the Hut. I think it's a 5-5 MU. You have to play some serious footsies in this Mu and bait stupid shit for punish...yes Mileena's do dumb shit, and often too.
I think it might have to do with my terrible punishes on her or something then lol. Not netting enough damage or something, but she's always a struggle for me

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
lets not kid ourselves i really disagree on mileena being an even matchup. not to call anyone out but look at showtime vs pig of the hut at the last mlg.. not pretty and tbh same thing would have ha penned to me
Pig is also extremely good and picked up Mileena to combat Reptile back when we thought the matchup was so awful.

It isn't a bad matchup at all.

Pig is also extremely good and picked up Mileena to combat Reptile back when we thought the matchup was so awful.

Ok a few q's then

1. Your punish for her telekick sai?
2. Maneuvering around air sai, do you eblow dash in or walk crouch block in or just jump one then low block or something else?

We've debated this over and over, haha. I just can't see how this is even. It's not 7-3 but it has to be in her favor. Reptile can't punish her Tele shenanigans easily. She rolls under our projectiles. Her d4 reach beats ours. She has total air control. And she couldn't give a shit less about wake up pressure save for ex ball. Even when I beat mileena I feel like it is only because the person rolls to much or telekicks into waiting forceballs. I feel like a statue in this match, just setting there.

Yes b4 beats her pokes. Yay.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok a few q's then

1. Your punish for her telekick sai?
2. Maneuvering around air sai, do you eblow dash in or walk crouch block in or just jump one then low block or something else?
1. Hope for d1 to connect into combo
2. Hope they get bored and telekick then repeat 1.
;)

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
6-4 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
5-5 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
7-3 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero
This is why i play him, these match ups are definately accurate from my experience he is such a beast of a character, especially online with that non punishable dash. offline it's still possible but he's a well balanced and very very quick character.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
We've debated this over and over, haha. I just can't see how this is even. It's not 7-3 but it has to be in her favor. Reptile can't punish her Tele shenanigans easily. She rolls under our projectiles. Her d4 reach beats ours. She has total air control. And she couldn't give a shit less about wake up pressure save for ex ball. Even when I beat mileena I feel like it is only because the person rolls to much or telekicks into waiting forceballs. I feel like a statue in this match, just setting there.

Yes b4 beats her pokes. Yay.

If you can't punish the telekicks on block why not make them whiff by putting out d4 and whiff punish them, also as long as Reptile has meter Mileena is afraid to roll or telekick, her ias's aren't that big of an issue, plus NOBODY wants to jump on Mileena in the first place.

Charlie2417 I use one of two options to punish tele sais:

1) Standing 1 ex ffb as soon as the sai is over my head. The timing is strict, but even if you don't hit the combo, you got a knockdown which is good for reptile.

2) If I can't hit standing 1 ffb, I just d4 and make the telekick whiff, and then punish with a full combo.

If you can't punish the telekicks on block why not make them whiff by putting out d4 and whiff punish them, also as long as Reptile has meter Mileena is afraid to roll or telekick, her ias's aren't that big of an issue, plus NOBODY wants to jump on Mileena in the first place.

Charlie2417 I use one of two options to punish tele sais:

1) Standing 1 ex ffb as soon as the sai is over my head. The timing is strict, but even if you don't hit the combo, you got a knockdown which is good for reptile.

2) If I can't hit standing 1 ffb, I just d4 and make the telekick whiff, and then punish with a full combo.
lol wut the d4 makes telekick whiff?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I know Mileena recovers way too fast to do much after a whiffed telekick. I'm pretty sure dash won't even stop her from teleporting a second time.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I know Mileena recovers way too fast to do much after a whiffed telekick. I'm pretty sure dash won't even stop her from teleporting a second time.
Alright idk how to interpret this tbh but I'm going to throw out the frame data so maybe you can help me figure this out. The Execution of telekick is 21 frames grounded, and 30 frames from the air. On whiff it takes 40 frames frames for the move to complete. 16 frames pass before the teleport animation as well. What should her advantage be on whiff?? If I'm reading all of it right she would be -19 if she whiffs a grounded telekick and -10 if she whiffs one from the air, because you should just take the startup and subtract from the duration right?? I honestly don't know.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
my answer for rolls and telekicks is usually charging up a ex forceball....she'll run right into it.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
If Reptile vs Mileena is 5-5 not 5.5 or 6/4 to her advantage where do Skarlet and Sonya rank on different levels of bad? 6/4 or 7/3?

If that were the case EVERY top Reptile player will have to play the best Mileena (pig) high possible level. I don't see how it's 5-5 even. Mileena is the anti-zoner here, she controls the air, small hitbox like him, weird punishment required for Reptile etc. This sounds ridiculous like months ago when certain Kung Lao players claimed Kitana is 5-5, by the nature of the match up Kitana controls the air, she limits his mobility, he Teleports with risk, he Dive Kicks with risk, the range of her normals in footsies, her high damage and small hitbox. Get out of here when saying stuff "Oh, Kung Lao should never jump, dive kick, teleport at Kitana" similar to "Oh, Reptile should never jump at Mileena" so it's even 5-5? Then when 16Bit played the Kung Lao players who called it even, 16Bit won the sets and it was a clear 6-4 advantage for Kitana. pig would probably do the same on these Reptile players claiming it was even, 5.5 slight advantage yes I would agree but these days pig is using the armored Kenshi convoy.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
If Reptile vs Mileena is 5-5 not 5.5 or 6/4 to her advantage where do Skarlet and Sonya rank on different levels of bad? 6/4 or 7/3?

If that were the case EVERY top Reptile player will have to play the best Mileena (pig) high possible level. I don't see how it's 5-5 even. Mileena is the anti-zoner here, she controls the air, small hitbox like him, weird punishment required for Reptile etc. This sounds ridiculous like months ago when certain Kung Lao players claimed Kitana is 5-5, by the nature of the match up Kitana controls the air, she limits his mobility, he Teleports with risk, he Dive Kicks with risk, the range of her normals in footsies, her high damage and small hitbox. Get out of here when saying stuff "Oh, Kung Lao should never jump, dive kick, teleport at Kitana" similar to "Oh, Reptile should never jump at Mileena" so it's even 5-5? Then when 16Bit played the Kung Lao players who called it even, 16Bit won the sets and it was a clear 6-4 advantage for Kitana. pig would probably do the same on these Reptile players claiming it was even, 5.5 slight advantage yes I would agree but these days pig is using the armored Kenshi convoy.
I have played Pig Of The Hut on multiple occassions, particualrly his Mileena, and I know he has been saying for a looonngg time this Mu isn't as bad as Reptile players were making it out to be and he was the one who convinced me it was 5-5. Idk maybe his opinion has changed it's very possible, but that's just from what I know from playing him as well as talking about the MU.

Edit: Also Pig maybe you could help with that frame data question I have.

I have played Pig Of The Hut on multiple occassions, particualrly his Mileena, and I know he has been saying for a looonngg time this Mu isn't as bad as Reptile players were making it out to be and he was the one who convinced me it was 5-5. Idk maybe his opinion has changed it's very possible, but that's just from what I know from playing him as well as talking about the MU.
What were his arguing points for saying it is a 5-5?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What were his arguing points for saying it is a 5-5?
I played MIT and he solidified what id been saying for a year that mileena reptile is 5-5

As reptile you have 0 reason to do anything, go full screen back hold down and wait and occasionally do ex balls if you have meter

When i played MIT we spent 10-20 secs maybe looking at each other full screen away. If i tele kick he does d4 (whiffs) then punished the whiff kick with dash (Now I have disadvantage in health)

So being down and him full screen I have to come in to hit him (clock is down to 55 now)
If I jump =AA COMBO
If i tele kick to get in =d4 makes tele whiff and he dashes it to punish
if i ex tele =same thing but waste of meter
if i roll = he blocks and blows it up
If i roll from full screen to get in but not hit him = then he dashes for a punish
If he has meter at any point he then starts his offense w ex ball and walks behind it and gets a free JIP or pressure mixup

The problem with reptiles in general:

The ones who think it's bad for reptile dont do the following or do the following

Mindlessly dash and wonder why you lose
throw random spit or random normal balls
waste meter on unpractical things like ex slide
Freak out when mileena does a tele kick rather then breathe and d4 or dash out
play rushdown reptile in the mu <--not good, you're basically asking for a short day here because on one block dash she then begins her mixups, block strings, mileena shenanigans and if she gets the life lead then expect to see 50 sais coming your way

Reptile imo is a top 10 character with the following bad MUs
Freddy
Skar
Sonya
Kabal
Sub Zero....?

But Reptile does really well against all top tier characters in the game such as

Lao
Kabal
Kenshi
Kit
Cyrax
Raiden

MUs that could be tough for reptile when played right

Mileena <---most over rated MU in the game. All you need to PM MIT if you're having issues with it.
Rain
Cage

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Edit: Also Pig maybe you could help with that frame data question I have.
I read it twice and lost train of thought

Id say for her kick you can dash it i know this for sure.

Also i think things change depending on the height of tele kick - for example for people who've played me recently have probably noticed me doing IATele like sektor does with his EX TU thing. I think this is fast than all other options