What's new

Time to be real with Reptile

I think this MU chhaty basically hits the nail on the head, don't know about losing g to cyrax 6-4 but everything else looks perfect, good shit THTB MITDJT

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Got any tips for Reptile and maneuvering the bomb field? Reptile is good but like a previous poster said, one dash out of pressure at the wrong time or one dash into a net and that's it.

you know ermac pretty well, and know him better then half the people that play him.
if you feel reptile ermac is 5-5 its hard for me to disagree.
Man I have such a hard time with good ermac players. It may just be me though.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Also I feel that reptile beats raiden. I feel like raiden gets caught doing stuff when reptile is aggressive. He doesn't really get away with teleports and I'm not overly concerned about being cornered by his superman.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
You have to react to it being a bomb, yea dashing into nets will end it but your going to have to play off reaction, once he throws a bomb you can dash in for free, if it's a close bomb dash in and jump back, or ex slide/dash

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

CRUM

Noob
Reptile is top 10 if not 8 IMO. He has bad matchups, but most of them are extremely winnable. He's got 3 projectiles, a dash and a slide. So many options.

Espio

Kokomo
THTB <3.

Agreed on the match ups with characters that I play.

I suck at fighting Reptile, but it's definitely pretty difficult for Sheeva and Stryker. I'm not too savy at fighting it with Jade either though lol.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
THTB i know we've talked about the MU before but Showtime MITDJT i never talked to yourself about the MU so your input be good

ive flip flopped between 5-5 and 4-6 through alot of the games lifespan,
both chars have awesome d4,
reptile cant punish a proper spaced charge.
reptile has faster normals and better midscreen meterless damage
this will sound crazy but i feel baraka does very well if zoning war happens, with reptiles high recovery on projectiles and that baraka spark has fast startup and more damage baraka wins most trades andtrading excharge for a forceball is pretty in his favor

id be happy with either score really, this just for my own personal baraka numbers why i bring it up as i could be missing something not being a reptile player

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Also I feel that reptile beats raiden. I feel like raiden gets caught doing stuff when reptile is aggressive. He doesn't really get away with teleports and I'm not overly concerned about being cornered by his superman.

I used to think this, until I played BW1ZZ as well as Blake's Raiden, I never knew Blake even played Raiden until recently lol. I think 5-5 with possible slight favor to Reptile. Ex shocker is a hell of a tool lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Man I have such a hard time with good ermac players. It may just be me though.

Ermac does the same thing to Reptile as Sub does. He keeps him honest on trying to get in point blank. Don't worry, it's not just you.

Baraka certainly keeps up with Reptile. Forceballs being so slow is a huge factor. He has an eternity to punish. The match comes down to whoever plays footsies better.

Espio, Jade just has it hard keeping her spacing. And she basically gets fucked over by her long startup on her ranged stuff. Reptile can just dash whiff and if she tries to move, a lot of her moves just send her into it for a knockdown. That and forceball is so slow, she has trouble clearing it all the time.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i've kinda been using standing 2 as a deterrant against rushdown characters like sonya and cage, and if they manage to block it, they usually try something afterwards which is quickly punished by a dash. I find it amuzing that reptiles dash aparently goes under sonya's cartwheel xD

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i've kinda been using standing 2 as a deterrant against rushdown characters like sonya and cage, and if they manage to block it, they usually try something afterwards which is quickly punished by a dash. I find it amuzing that reptiles dash aparently goes under sonya's cartwheel xD
Yeah since cartwheel is technically an airborne move and dash only hits grounded opponents, when timed correctly it will whiff through lol, it's much harder to do on ex cartwheel though haha, still very possible however.

Axel_Redd

doesnt one of his ghetto resets/anti wake up mind games go like this? 321 e.dash njp, ffb, 32 sfb, 4~invis? is that correct?

Axel_Redd

does he have any other ways of doing that? also what are some follow ups to his 2f31+2 reset besides just d4 acid hand?

one more thing, i find it weird that no one uses the ex slide mixup that much either. You know, the one that goes 321 e.dash, njp, ffb, 32~sfb, 321 ex slide. E.dash as u get up and u'll be behind your opponent and then u throw em.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Finally the Rock has come back to....wait that's not it. Finally the Reptile has come back to top 10, not that he really ever left in the first place but whatever.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
does he have any other ways of doing that? also what are some follow ups to his 2f31+2 reset besides just d4 acid hand?

one more thing, i find it weird that no one uses the ex slide mixup that much either. You know, the one that goes 321 e.dash, njp, ffb, 32~sfb, 321 ex slide. E.dash as u get up and u'll be behind your opponent and then u throw em.
I do 2 f3 1+2 into reset then d4 invis into f2 ex ffb. Yes you are using meter for the ffb, but if they try to jump out it will hit for a juggle, and it's +2 on block. I use ex slide finisher, but rarely, it's not as reliable as it looks unfortunately, a lot of wake ups can blow it up.

THTB i know we've talked about the MU before but Showtime MITDJT i never talked to yourself about the MU so your input be good

ive flip flopped between 5-5 and 4-6 through alot of the games lifespan,
both chars have awesome d4,
reptile cant punish a proper spaced charge.
reptile has faster normals and better midscreen meterless damage
this will sound crazy but i feel baraka does very well if zoning war happens, with reptiles high recovery on projectiles and that baraka spark has fast startup and more damage baraka wins most trades andtrading excharge for a forceball is pretty in his favor

id be happy with either score really, this just for my own personal baraka numbers why i bring it up as i could be missing something not being a reptile player
I got it 6 4 reptile, he can punish any blade charger, controls space well with his orbs, and his walk back speed is very key in him getting a lead and forcing baraka to push the issue. They both have slow hits and a great d4, and moves that move across the screen which is their similiarities. So I will take it as 6 4 reptile.

also Showtime, I got cyrax 6 4 mainly bcuz I can't use my orbs like I'd like too. The tradeoff is stupid, so I have to choose when It is a good time to do one. I also have to use acids spits to beat out the net since it is fast. Cyrax also has a scary rushdown and a vicious d4 like reptile does. Cyrax also has faster normals and the bombs and nets force me to move around and be uncomfortable.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I got it 6 4 reptile, he can punish any blade charger, controls space well with his orbs, and his walk back speed is very key in him getting a lead and forcing baraka to push the issue. They both have slow hits and a great d4, and moves that move across the screen which is their similiarities. So I will take it as 6 4 reptile.
barakas has to be a full forward dash animation under max range for him to punished by reptile.
its not to hard at all to space unpunishible charges vs reptile.

his slow/fast balls become more of a problem in the mu when he decides to follow them rather than stay behind them, there a great tool for him indeed despite the slow start up

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Nah, MIT, blade charge from max range is completely unpunishable by Reptile. Actually, it puts him at a disadvantage if he attempts to dash it and he whiffs. The more Reptile walks back, the more room Baraka has to react to forceballs, as well as more space to do unpunishable blade charge.

Nah, MIT, blade charge from max range is completely unpunishable by Reptile. Actually, it puts him at a disadvantage if he attempts to dash it and he whiffs. The more Reptile walks back, the more room Baraka has to react to forceballs, as well as more space to do unpunishable blade charge.
you sure? I'm pretty sure reptile can punish any blade charge, I've tried it out in training mode and had denzell do them and I was able to punish all of them. Also, the mu def still favors reptile even if he couldn't punish a max range charge.

Axel_Redd

i hate baraka chargers online, thats all they do is that stupid lunge, the ex version and the spin, lol