What's new

Time to be real with Reptile

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I read it twice and lost train of thought

Id say for her kick you can dash it i know this for sure.

Also i think things change depending on the height of tele kick - for example for people who've played me recently have probably noticed me doing IATele like sektor does with his EX TU thing. I think this is fast than all other options
Hahaha it's cool man, I was having trouble reading it all too that's why I posed the question lol. Maybe I will just ask our frame god Somberness later. Alright man, thanks for your help/input. :) and I'll see you this weekend hopefully. It's been too long since we have gotten a decent set in.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I played MIT and he solidified what id been saying for a year that mileena reptile is 5-5

As reptile you have 0 reason to do anything, go full screen back hold down and wait and occasionally do ex balls if you have meter

When i played MIT we spent 10-20 secs maybe looking at each other full screen away. If i tele kick he does d4 (whiffs) then punished the whiff kick with dash (Now I have disadvantage in health)

So being down and him full screen I have to come in to hit him (clock is down to 55 now)
If I jump =AA COMBO
If i tele kick to get in =d4 makes tele whiff and he dashes it to punish
if i ex tele =same thing but waste of meter
if i roll = he blocks and blows it up
If i roll from full screen to get in but not hit him = then he dashes for a punish
If he has meter at any point he then starts his offense w ex ball and walks behind it and gets a free JIP or pressure mixup

The problem with reptiles in general:

The ones who think it's bad for reptile dont do the following or do the following

Mindlessly dash and wonder why you lose
throw random spit or random normal balls
waste meter on unpractical things like ex slide
Freak out when mileena does a tele kick rather then breathe and d4 or dash out
play rushdown reptile in the mu <--not good, you're basically asking for a short day here because on one block dash she then begins her mixups, block strings, mileena shenanigans and if she gets the life lead then expect to see 50 sais coming your way

Reptile imo is a top 10 character with the following bad MUs
Freddy
Skar
Sonya
Kabal
Sub Zero....?

But Reptile does really well against all top tier characters in the game such as

Lao
Kabal
Kenshi
Kit
Cyrax
Raiden

MUs that could be tough for reptile when played right

Mileena <---most over rated MU in the game. All you need to PM MIT if you're having issues with it.
Rain
Cage
reptile has no 3-7 matchups tho correct?

also...how do u make ex telekick wiff?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hahaha it's cool man, I was having trouble reading it all too that's why I posed the question lol. Maybe I will just ask our frame god Somberness later. Alright man, thanks for your help/input. :) and I'll see you this weekend hopefully. It's been too long since we have gotten a decent set in.
<3

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
he just seems too solid of a character to have any 3-7's....and how can u walk out of a tele kick? 0-0

edit: and u mean u d4 after u block the first hit of telekick or what?

If you can't punish the telekicks on block why not make them whiff by putting out d4 and whiff punish them, also as long as Reptile has meter Mileena is afraid to roll or telekick, her ias's aren't that big of an issue, plus NOBODY wants to jump on Mileena in the first place.

Charlie2417 I use one of two options to punish tele sais:

1) Standing 1 ex ffb as soon as the sai is over my head. The timing is strict, but even if you don't hit the combo, you got a knockdown which is good for reptile.

2) If I can't hit standing 1 ffb, I just d4 and make the telekick whiff, and then punish with a full combo.
Man using d4 on reaction mid match against that teleport is unreasonable.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I played MIT and he solidified what id been saying for a year that mileena reptile is 5-5

As reptile you have 0 reason to do anything, go full screen back hold down and wait and occasionally do ex balls if you have meter

When i played MIT we spent 10-20 secs maybe looking at each other full screen away. If i tele kick he does d4 (whiffs) then punished the whiff kick with dash (Now I have disadvantage in health)

So being down and him full screen I have to come in to hit him (clock is down to 55 now)
If I jump =AA COMBO
If i tele kick to get in =d4 makes tele whiff and he dashes it to punish
if i ex tele =same thing but waste of meter
if i roll = he blocks and blows it up
If i roll from full screen to get in but not hit him = then he dashes for a punish
If he has meter at any point he then starts his offense w ex ball and walks behind it and gets a free JIP or pressure mixup

The problem with reptiles in general:

The ones who think it's bad for reptile dont do the following or do the following

Mindlessly dash and wonder why you lose
throw random spit or random normal balls
waste meter on unpractical things like ex slide
Freak out when mileena does a tele kick rather then breathe and d4 or dash out
play rushdown reptile in the mu <--not good, you're basically asking for a short day here because on one block dash she then begins her mixups, block strings, mileena shenanigans and if she gets the life lead then expect to see 50 sais coming your way

Reptile imo is a top 10 character with the following bad MUs
Freddy
Skar
Sonya
Kabal
Sub Zero....?

But Reptile does really well against all top tier characters in the game such as

Lao
Kabal
Kenshi
Kit
Cyrax
Raiden

MUs that could be tough for reptile when played right

Mileena <---most over rated MU in the game. All you need to PM MIT if you're having issues with it.
Rain
Cage
Against Lao? Pleeeease. I agree with the others but reptile had no way to control Lao from hopping around like a mad man.

Against Lao? Pleeeease. I agree with the others but reptile had no way to control Lao from hopping around like a mad man.

I can tell you how to stop all that mess laos do, I'm very experienced in that matchup. Also thanks Pig Of The Hut, that match we had at MLG was a thriller, I feel bad for anyone who missed it haha. Also reptile definitely has no 7 3s, which is automatically a guarentee for him to be a top 10 char. I know how to deal with mil even better than I did before, so for any reptile that needs help with that, just pm like Pig said. I can also tell any reptile why kenshi loses to reptile, and I'll go over all the things you have to do to get the job done and make it very hard on the kenshi player.

also GGA 16 Bit, I need to listen to KTP when I get a chance/ thanks for the mention because reptile has been downplayed way too much for a char of his caliber. I would understand if ppl would talk about someone like nightwolf, but reptile? unacceptable.

I would leave Kitana vs Reptile 5/5 I really dont feel in disadvantage here...
maybe so, but I still have it 6 4 nd will keep it that way. Some may agree, others may not, but I can agree with this chart fairly well just like Showtime can too, so it works for the top 2 reptiles and other ppl and that's a good thing.

I would like to ask how its 5-5 with noob. They can't really trade projectiles, noob is really good at keeping him out. And when reptile gets in it doesn't seem like his rundown is good enough to keep him in. Idk maybe its just me

I would like to ask how its 5-5 with noob. They can't really trade projectiles, noob is really good at keeping him out. And when reptile gets in it doesn't seem like his rundown is good enough to keep him in. Idk maybe its just me
I don't know, I don't mind this mat h. One blocked tackle equals a free dash.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Noob does not keep Reptile out, that is false. Like Treadmill said, Block one projectile and dash is free, two projectiles and you're in noob's ass. It is hard however to keep pressure on Noob.

Noob does not keep Reptile out, that is false. Like Treadmill said, Block one projectile and dash is free, two projectiles and you're in noob's ass. It is hard however to keep pressure on Noob.
Okay, noob keeps ME out really well. As soon as I get close, its upknee heaven, then back to full screen lol. Idk it still seems like a constant struggle for me.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay, noob keeps ME out really well. As soon as I get close, its upknee heaven, then back to full screen lol. Idk it still seems like a constant struggle for me.
It can be tough man I understand, just block projectiles and elbow dash after, and getting in can become pretty free. As for upknee, you just have to be careful when going to pressure that fool because it is such a great tool lol.