What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

At the very worst I'd say it's even with Green Arrow but I personally think it's a 6-4 in his favor. Stardust chip is a real problem but I feel like it's easier to get around it than people are realizing. Stardust into trait or no trait is a full screen mind game but GA can always just confirm normal Arrow into arrow load. I think ice arrow can trade with Stardust at certain ranges too which makes it a much better option for GA at midscreen.
You can block his regular arrows in between stardusts and you can punish/trade it as well as reloads with another star dust trait. Just don't get your trait blocked and there's nothing he can do and if you do get your trait blocked then just mix it up with amount of hits and ex it and look out for reloads after it hits.

Green arrow deceptively loses the MU

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Your first paragraph is completely useless. The analogy was used to question his logic not say that it was the case. Just because someone prolly won't be that op, it does not mean that you can just say such a blanket, conclusive statement like, 'hurrdur it's only been 2 days you can never tell with that amount of time if the character is good so don't even bother say anything about character balance'. The analogy was used to prove the point so no, it was not pointless.

You don't really need to grind all the MUs, just the important ones.
That means the top tiers and the ones close to the top tiers and then you can get a pretty good, general idea. Sure things can change but right at this time of the characters life, you can tell if theyre good or not.
If you claim a character is top 5, bottom 5, or something similar after playing them for 2 days, there's not sufficient evidence to support that claim. How good a character is is largely dependent on their matchups. Matchups take awhile to really flesh out and understand. It takes a lot of grinding against characters from multiple different playstyles. Just because you play against Superman from player X, that doesn't mean that player Y will play the same way. There's a lot of grinding involved.

If you make a claim this early and happen to be right, the claim still was never justified. The point is that it's too early to make any definitive statements about the character overall or her matchups. This isn't to say you can't discuss these topics, not at all. The discussion helps with fleshing out the character and the matchups. But making any assertion this early with the limited knowledge we have is counterproductive and honestly pointless.

With that said, we need to focus on the topic of the thread instead of arguing about non sense. There's really no reason to make bold claims on how good she is this early. Everyone is still learning her and grinding. Either participate in that process or don't.

If you claim a character is top 5, bottom 5, or something similar after playing them for 2 days, there's not sufficient evidence to support that claim. How good a character is is largely dependent on their matchups. Matchups take awhile to really flesh out and understand. It takes a lot of grinding against characters from multiple different playstyles. Just because you play against Superman from player X, that doesn't mean that player Y will play the same way. There's a lot of grinding involved.

If you make a claim this early and happen to be right, the claim still was never justified. The point is that it's too early to make any definitive statements about the character overall or her matchups. This isn't to say you can't discuss these topics, not at all. The discussion helps with fleshing out the character and the matchups. But making any assertion this early with the limited knowledge we have is counterproductive and honestly pointless.

With that said, we need to focus on the topic of the thread instead of arguing about non sense. There's really no reason to make bold claims on how good she is this early. Everyone is still learning her and grinding. Either participate in that process or don't.
Never said she's top or bottom. But I can determine that she is a good character because of the experience that I've had with her. Understanding MUs aren't always that complicated, there's stuff to be figured out but at it's core it never really changes. Currently, she's good in my eyes

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I don't know how I feel about this character. She has a lot of gimmicks that can be blown up or avoided if you really know what she can do which is often a nail in the coffin for characters in competitive play. On the other hand, she also has some very nice tools as well and doesn't necessarily need to take risks. I can't tell.

She has potential for aquaman chip damage playstyle, but using trait instead of meter. She gets unbelievable amounts of meter and chip damage from it and her zoning.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Update on my anti-air thoughts with Starfire. My B2 usage has improved quite a bit, and it works great for long horizontal jump ins. However, any jump ins at close range are still a nightmare.

For these close range jumps, are people just blocking, or am I missing something.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah for example against Batman, as soon as they start crossing up in pressure you kinda just have to hold it unless you telegraph it and neutral jump 1 or forward dash out. You can use DB3 as an anti crossup but your inputs might reverse which would cause you to get hit so it's a risk.

I build so much meter with her I'm kinda of at a loss for what I should be doing with it a lot of the time lol. I've mostly just been using mbb3, push block, and mbdb1 for combo starters. I need to start using mb db1 in zoning more because it's basically 85 free chip if you follow it up with a star dust and trait blast. If they try to jump it you just trait on reaction and full combo them.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I think her damage is glitched, she gets prepatch Adam damage off of background interactables and bounce cancels. Pretty sure she's not supposed to reach 600/700 levels of damage but i'll take it for now.

Best thing about her is her anti-airs tho, stopping stupid jumps for 400 meterless is so satisfying lol.

Really loving this character. Mad chip on star dust, full screen frame traps, anti airs into great damage, probably the greatest j3 in NRS history, incredible b3, insane meter build. She just controls so much space.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So is F22 and 21 a legit mixup? Even though F2 is a high, it seems extremely hard to react to it if you do it off a jump in or catch them walking back.

GreatDarkHero

Give into pleasu- Offensive pressure! Yeah.
f2 is apparently +2. The only issue is that it is a high...
The thing is that it still seems relatively quick and it can cancel into stuff.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
I build so much meter with her I'm kinda of at a loss for what I should be doing with it a lot of the time lol. I've mostly just been using mbb3, push block, and mbdb1 for combo starters. I need to start using mb db1 in zoning more because it's basically 85 free chip if you follow it up with a star dust and trait blast. If they try to jump it you just trait on reaction and full combo them.
I've been using 2 bar mb b3 cancels off of her 21 for big damage. Also, mbdb2 after a d1 poke is safe and good pressure.

Her air mb df1 can also catch some people off guard if you're getting AA'd a lot.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I'm conflicted as to whether Starfire has good footsies or not. On one hand, she has very far reaching normals like d3, f2 and j3. On the other, most of these tools can't be hit confirmed and have questionable frame data.

Thoughts?