What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

I think her damage is glitched, she gets prepatch Adam damage off of background interactables and bounce cancels. Pretty sure she's not supposed to reach 600/700 levels of damage but i'll take it for now.
I feel like she is supposed to do a ton of damage because of her trait but her B2 will probably need some kind of scaling because 400+ meterless damage is insane off such a safe AA. Not really sure why they made her do so much chip though.

Last edited:

GreatDarkHero

Give into pleasu- Offensive pressure! Yeah.
LOOOOL That's got to be a big fat ass hit box.

EDIT:

Sonic Fox utilizing Queen Koriand'r! Even though it is clearly temporary if you understand what I am getting at.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I think her damage is glitched, she gets prepatch Adam damage off of background interactables and bounce cancels. Pretty sure she's not supposed to reach 600/700 levels of damage but i'll take it for now.

Best thing about her is her anti-airs tho, stopping stupid jumps for 400 meterless is so satisfying lol.
What combo does that much?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Ok. I got a question but before that I gotta say this character is really good. I don't want to be "that guy" and say "those things" which she's not btw but she's really really good. Like. Very very good. Ok.

Besides that I need a little advice. Most of her strings can be back dashed or maybe interrupted. D2. B3. D1 the normal stuff but I find 232 is a problem for me. What am I doing wrong when she adds 2 after 23 because it looks and feels like I can do more then a simple back dash.

232 leaves her at a plus advantage I assume & feel like I'm in recovery state if I remember correctly so I find it extremely hard to counter or interrupt that particular string without using meter. Emphasis on no meter.

Every other string is fine I can exploit it but the multiple hitting 23 with 2 at the end kept me up last night.

I'll also say I fought her 5 times 4 different people and 1 really good one using that nasty lil string that made me salty.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Hello. I know I don't matter to any of you but Lord Spawn sent me to talk about his Waifu Stafire.

She is amazing,, not to get and not to bad. yes her zoning is Great but half of it can be ducked or flat out telepunished (Supergirl beats Starfire so far IMO). However...with meter Starfire has some of the best block/chip strings in the game right next to Scarecrow, Supes, Fate(Meter Plus Glpyhs), and Catwomen. It its through projectiles mainly.

My favorite blockstring so far.....

23(Best string in the game based of utility alone)Mb b3, 23-df1Mb, 4 Hold Mb...Four bars...if they block it all it does like 250 in chip alone. Insane.

Really like this character and her damage is fire. Her mid range game is a bit lack luster though vs the top tier footsie characters. F2 is really good but a high. I've found just using a raw b3 in neutral at near max range is really good. Ur plus and it will force them to start jumping. And her damage off a raw b3 is realllu worth the risk.

Her high shot beam cancel should never be used full screen unless to chip. In mid range it is really good to beat them moving after a ducked high shot since the high shot is already passed them when the beam comes out.

Also of note her far star dust/scatter bomb doesn't combo all three hits like it does close mid far. Set the CPU to auto block and watch the first to hits hit and they block the third

But if u make them block a far or very far star dust u can check all movement with a beam.

I wish very far star dust combo ed all three hits if the first one hits bc them u could combo the third hit to a beam for really good full screen sinestro conversions.

She has the best/can I move now factor in the game and is only out zoned by dr fate. She goes even or beats deadshots zoning. Goes even with darkseid full screen and beats his zoning from 3/4 screen or closer.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
F22 on block from just outside match start range and beyond into S3 moves her hurtbox back and beats out shorter ranged d1s such as Superman and Batman's. It's pretty good for pressure in certain MUs. She gets the same thing off of D1.

Don't overuse regular non-MB trait in MUs such as Aquaman and Ivy as they can punish it free. Also Mace Charge punishes Batman's B23.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Really like this character and her damage is fire. Her mid range game is a bit lack luster though vs the top tier footsie characters. F2 is really good but a high. I've found just using a raw b3 in neutral at near max range is really good. Ur plus and it will force them to start jumping. And her damage off a raw b3 is realllu worth the risk.

Her high shot beam cancel should never be used full screen unless to chip. In mid range it is really good to beat them moving after a ducked high shot since the high shot is already passed them when the beam comes out.

Also of note her far star dust/scatter bomb doesn't combo all three hits like it does close mid far. Set the CPU to auto block and watch the first to hits hit and they block the third
To add on to the b3 in neutral, I've been using d3 if F2 won't reach and then using the knockdown to go for B3. Works pretty well so far and catches wake-up backdashes.

I've never been attempted to roll in on as much as starfire LMAO. People will use all their meter just to try and roll in and be minimal threat up close.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Oh I know that, I'm looking for these 600-700 damage Background bounce combos
On supes

3 b3 bounce cancel 3 db2 113 dp trait, 580-8ish and it becomes 600 if you mb the trait

3 b3 bounce cancel 3 background interact 11 dp trait, 613 with mb trait

Turned out the 700 was on Darkseid my bad lol, but she gets 600 thats super good.