What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

She has a lot of promise but I haven't got that many matches with her yet against good players. It fells like she has to constantly read the opponent and condition them tho which isn't that good in the long run.
Is b2 mb grab put best punisher?
i would think so as it at least gives you a grab but b2 mb doesn't give you max damage (like around 37%). Its between that and f23 throw which is +36 on hit good for starting throw mixup and whatnot

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Can Cheetah land a b3 after air mb pounce?

I really like this character but man she seems to get zoned hard.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Is b2 mb grab put best punisher?
yes unless you bounce cancel for about 470 damage.

For those asking about Cheetah. She is super weird. You can take life bars like they are going out of fashion; or never get a touch to even chip out.

There is a huge skill cap for this character, I wouldn't expect to see too much too soon from her.

I can see her being super strong in the right hands. She is only brain-dead to a point on offence, with no strong advancing normals/strings you have to dash in like street fighter or jump if you want to bully your opponent.

Well well...After watching other people do d2 into trait mid combo I decided to modify the previous command grab starters I posted.

Below are 1 bar, high and low command grabs. NO GEAR - default Cheetah vs default Superman. Easy to do...

High: Dbf1 (MB), B3, dash, D2 Trait, 112, Db2
Low: Db1 (MB), B3, dash, D2 Trait, 112, Db2

Azular

One of the thousand souls.
Well well...After watching other people do d2 into trait mid combo I decided to modify the previous command grab starters I posted.

Below are 1 bar, high and low command grabs. NO GEAR - default Cheetah vs default Superman. Easy to do...

High: Dbf1 (MB), B3, dash, D2 Trait, 112, Db2
Low: Db1 (MB), B3, dash, D2 Trait, 112, Db2
These aren't optimal for her. The damage is only marginally better, but you hand a ton of space over to the opponent unless you mb her db2, but that's really expensive.

cashthesehands

monster masher
yes unless you bounce cancel for about 470 damage.

For those asking about Cheetah. She is super weird. You can take life bars like they are going out of fashion; or never get a touch to even chip out.

There is a huge skill cap for this character, I wouldn't expect to see too much too soon from her.

I can see her being super strong in the right hands. She is only brain-dead to a point on offence, with no strong advancing normals/strings you have to dash in like street fighter or jump if you want to bully your opponent.
She is easy to just walk away from, and I dig the street fighter jump/dash analogy. Her options outside of sweep distance are limited, and she is meter/trait/read dependent for any sizable chunk of damage. I haven't explored much with MB roll but that may end up being a necessary tool for her.

Still labbing and exploring and having fun in the meantime.

Is there a discord for cheetah if so can I have invite
You can join the r/Injustice discord which has channels for all the characters. https://discord.gg/KVZAJj

It fells like she has to constantly read the opponent and condition them tho which isn't that good in the long run.
That's literally "Fighting Games 101", how is that bad? If you're not constantly reading and conditioning your opponent then you're playing fighting games wrong.

Last edited:

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!

This would be a really great setup but it seems as if where she rolls to after she lands MB Lunge is random. Does anyone know if there is a technique to determining which side you can be on after you land MB Lunge?

*Edit: I figured out why. It depends on whether your opponent is standing or crouching.

Last edited:

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Does anyone know if her overhead grab can connect on people in block stun?
No they took that mechanic out across the board and replaced it with combos that end in a throw. Along with high command grabbing on wakeup after hard knockdowns.

They did however retain high command grabbing an opponent if they whiff a crouching attack like D1 or D3

Last edited:
These aren't optimal for her. The damage is only marginally better, but you hand a ton of space over to the opponent unless you mb her db2, but that's really expensive.
I'm at work but whats the hit advantage of primal rage Db2?. I'm assuming it's in the 20s because I'm able to do a Lunge and recover in time to block. I do know it has a 1 frame startup. But I don't waste a bar on the MB version of primal rage unless I'm in the corner because hit advantage was only like 4 or 5 iirc.

Edit: hit advantage is double what I anticipated...40 to be exact! So how again is this NOT optimal? @Azular

This does more damage, activates trait mid combo, and leaves you at +40 hit advantage. You can double dash to be at meaty hook grab range, pressure, or build meter by doing far Blood Lunge into jump 1 which actually crosses up.

The only thing I see that's not advantageous is if they choose to tech roll. Then you'll want to do a mid Blood Lunge instead, which still gives you time to block if they wakeup.

Discuss...

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'm at work but whats the hit advantage of primal rage Db2?. I'm assuming it's in the 20s because I'm able to do a Lunge and recover in time to block. I do know it has a 1 frame startup. But I don't waste a bar on the MB version of primal rage unless I'm in the corner because hit advantage was only like 4 or 5 iirc.
Pretty much this.

As a cheetah player with that much hit advantage you can do normal db2 push the opponent fullscreen and then lunge over and meaty them.

This is risky to wake-up attacks and such so can't be done all the time, but will catch opponents mashing tech-roll or backdash on wake-up.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
She is easy to just walk away from, and I dig the street fighter jump/dash analogy. Her options outside of sweep distance are limited, and she is meter/trait/read dependent for any sizable chunk of damage. I haven't explored much with MB roll but that may end up being a necessary tool for her.

Still labbing and exploring and having fun in the meantime.
Mb roll will probably be used strictly for punishes at certain ranges on projectiles/specials with long recovery.

She has insane forward/backdash and you can dash up mb f3 or just fish with F3/D3 in the neutral.

Her main mind games are when she lands sweep. You can; bait a wake-up attack, d3 again, F3 (overhead option), do raw db1 (low tick) or d1 db1 (dbf1) if they are walking back. If they backdash or block low they get caught by F3.

You can join the r/Injustice discord which has channels for all the characters. https://discord.gg/KVZAJj

That's literally "Fighting Games 101", how is that bad? If you're not constantly reading and conditioning your opponent then you're playing fighting games wrong.
That was worded poorly by me I mean in the case of using her throws in offense its a guess on top of a guess and without trait or bounce cancel she gets less damage getting a raw hit then a raw throw. In contrast generally it doesn't matter if a character is command throw heavy or not they get a hit they don't miss out on much damage. Cheetah to get the most out of her damage you wanna hit throws consistently which means conditioning your opponent to block on top of deciding if they are blocking high\low in comparison to other characters.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Can someone make a dedicated combo thread or it going to be a nightmare for new people to get a hold of the basic conversions.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm in the market for a secondary that handles zoners better than Harley. Cheetah's got a lot of mobility and a divekick, and I heard she plays like Shazam, who I loved. Do her tools allow her to handle fate, ds, and firestorm reasonably well?

I'm in the market for a secondary that handles zoners better than Harley. Cheetah's got a lot of mobility and a divekick, and I heard she plays like Shazam, who I loved. Do her tools allow her to handle fate, ds, and firestorm reasonably well?
Her pounce stance (bf3) ducks under mid fireballs like fate's and you can use that to get in and her mobility is great. 1 good pounce and she is in their face so yea. I don't necessarily think she has a problem with Zoners at all if she is played smart its more so her normals in neutral you have to worry out. I loved Shazam also so i'd say go for it since they play similar.